• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get a Lifetime Guarantee for Your Cookware | Exchange Process Explained

In summary, a consultant had a show where the host's mother needed to exchange a piece of cookware. The consultant called home office to find out that the piece was discontinued and out of warranty. The daughter of the host then contacted the consultant, asking about the warranty and mentioning a different last name for the host. The consultant explained the warranty information and suggested the daughter purchase a new skillet with her discount.
momoftwins
I had a show on Tuesday night and the mom of the host was there. She had a piece of cookware that needed to be exchanged. I asked if she had her receipt and she was like um are you kidding me?? NO! I then asked if she remembered when she got it or who the host was or the consultant as that is the information HO will need when I call them. She said her daughter was the host (not the one that was hosting that night) but neither of them remembered when the show was other than that it was quite a while ago.

So that night I got home and called home office - they couldn't find anything under the mom's name or the host's name she said it would be under. HO asked what piece of cookware it was and I stated the 12" family skillet but not sure of which set. They said to call the customer back and ask what it shows on the bottom of the cookware. If it is professional it will state on the bottom and if it was Gen II it will have a "T" and a number.

SO I call the customer back last night and asked her - she tells me it has a T and whatever the number was. So I then tell her I called HO and they couldn't find anything under her name or the then hosts name and if it was professional cookware it would state it on the bottom and if it was Gen II it would have a T and a number. So I then tell her it was a Gen II piece which was discontinued quite a while ago and after they discontinue it they allow 2 years after that for warranties. So her response to me was and I quote: "So it's a piece of shit then and I should throw it in the trash" "thanks and then she hung up on me!"

So I get an email from her daughter today that stated her sister's (the then host) last name was X not the name she has now if that makes a difference. Then she asks "So, it's not life time guaranteed? or only guaranteed until the product is discontinued. Kind of like a oxymoron don't you think? I am not worried about it."

I can call HO office again today to check under the hosts other last name but knowing the cookware is Gen II it is now still out of warranty and there isn't anything that HO or I can do.

I hadn't heard about the 2 yr. after it's been discontinued thing. Are you sure about that? This is what's listed on CC:The Lifetime Guarantee is limited and extends only to the original purchaser or gift recipient of the product.
It covers repair or replacement only. It covers defects in materials and workmanship. It does not cover commercial use, abuse, misuse,
ordinary wear and tear, or an act of God. Misuse or use contrary to the Use and Care instructions will void this guarantee. Incidental or
consequential damages are not recoverable under these warranties. If actual product replacement cannot be made due to unavailability,
Company may, in its discretion, offer comparable product replacement or credit towards future product purchases.I take this to mean that if somethings been discontinued, they'd get a similar item of the current line. Kind of like Tupperware how I get a new lid, but it might be a different color due to a new line they put out.

Generation II was our first line of cookware and it only had a 2 year warranty. For some people it has held up, for others it has not. This is why HO told you they held some in stock for 2 years after they discontinued the product, to be able to meet any warranty needs. This warranty info can confuse people when they attend a current show and hear us talk about the lifetime warranty on our cookware. While we still carried Gen II, we came out with Professional. When we came out with Executive, they got rid of Gen II. When we came out with Stainless, they got rid of Professional. There was a little overlap with some of the outgoing lines to give people a chance to complete their collection. And that's your little history of PC cookware today.

You can suggest to the daughter currently hosting that she use her discount to purchase mom a new 12" skillet or have mom pay for it on her daughter's order. She would then have a lifetime piece. Otherwise, it's beyond your control.

Becca

Oh, forgot to add that Professional had a lifetime warranty. The only cookware PC has sold without the lifetime warranty is Gen II. Cookware owners can look on the bottom to see what cookware they have. All except Gen II say the name of the line on the bottom.

This is exactly why I encourage customers to call HO themselves for guarantee issues. It's not that I don't want to help them, but I find that it ends up being a long game of phone tag, and then I have to deal with issues that I'm not equipped to deal with.

Had the customer called HO directly, the rep could have asked her on the first call to look at her pan to discover it was Gen II. They could then have explained the warranty and taken the brunt of her disappointment.

It's one of the reasons I keep telling myself that I'm in business for myself, but not by myself.

P.S. If the item does have a Lifetime guarantee, I understand that HO now keeps records under the customer's name for that product.

I also encourage hosts & guests to call Customer Service directly. I was playing phone tag so many times between HO and the customer with specific questions. Has simplified a lot of things. As far as the warranty, I have actually had people think that EVERYTHING from PC has a lifetime warranty. Had a guest come to a show with a very old vegetable peeler (all metal one) and it had a little rust on it and she wanted it replaced because of the lifetime warranty. So many people assume and don't read their receipts.

She has clearly had it long since the warrantee was up because we haven't had Gen II for awhile now. You can explain to her that the Gen II only had a limited warrantee...I thought it was 3 years. I have had my Gen II cookware for 10 years and it is in awesome shape. As a matter of fact I just passed it down to my oldest son who moved out this summer. He uses it every day. However, given the remark she made and the fact that she hung up on you I don't think its going to make a difference what you say...unless she was just having a bad day. I would probably also explain it to your host. Sorry you are having to deal with this situation. Some people are just cranky.

Thanks so much ladies. I was not even aware that it was only a 2 year warrantee for the Gen II Cookware. That does make sense then that HO said it is 2 years after it was discontinued.

I talked with the host tonight while closing the show and her mom may just host a show to get it at half off.

Do you really want to work with this lady?

I don't see why she shouldn't work with the lady. She obviously didn't realize about the warranty, and yes, she was rude, but as long as she doesn't CONTINUE to be rude and nasty, why not? The relationship can be repaired with good customer service and explaining what she has now learned about the cookware she owns.The lady obviously reacted poorly. Maybe she feels bad and wants to make it up by hosting a show- maybe the daughter talked to her and explained it more...who knows. If she's interested in hosting a show, see how the attitude is- if she's snippy...then your calendar has suddenly become FULL! :D Or offer her a catalog show instead to get the cookware. But I'd be sure to explain that the Gen II was 2 generations ago and only had a 2-3 yr warranty, unlike our CURRENT lines which DO have a Lifetime Guarantee.

I'd tell her that it was only guaranteed two years in the first place, and Pampered Chef has since upgraded its products to have a lifetime guarantee.I have found that PC only has records for items still under guarantee. For example, if I go to my first show in Oct. 2007, CC will not show me items that were only guaranteed for one year. But it will show me my 2, 3 and lifetime guarantee pieces. So if your host bought a 2 year guarantee skillet and a 3 year guarantee stone, then 30 months later, the stone would be the only thing on their list.

OKay- so has anyone run into the problem I am- customer has professional 12" skillet. Now need to return it using the lifetime guarentee- Well I'm PO'ed. She has to pay $21.65 the difference between the cost of the old vs the executive because the company no longer makes it. The company has always said 'lifetime guarentee' means we replace it for free if there is a problem.

anyone run into this problem and what was your solution? I know $21 is not a lot for the new pan but the fact that we as consultants tell our customers we'll replace it..not we'll replace it but you have to pay more is a bit annoying.

I did have this problem. I called it in for someone who had contacted me through a fundraiser with this problem. I called home office to help her out with the hostess/consultant info and they told me she would have to pay extra too for the difference. But when I said that didn't sound fair, the customer service person told me that she recommended that I have the customer call herself and that she figured they would make it right. So I let the customer know this and followed up with her at a later date. She told me that she was able to get the updated pan without having to pay the difference. I hope your customer can get the same results.

Thanks Lori I will do just that!

My God, that would be like paying over $40.00 for upgraded pan, that you didn't tell them to discontinue the first ones you bought. $40.00 comes in when you have to pay to ship old pan back.

Ugh, that sucks when you've got to pay those charges.

Lisa

What is the process for exchanging cookware under the lifetime guarantee?

The process for exchanging your cookware under the lifetime guarantee is simple and hassle-free. First, contact our customer service team to initiate the exchange process. They will provide you with a return authorization number and instructions on how to package and ship your cookware back to us. Once we receive the cookware, we will inspect it and determine if it is eligible for exchange. If it is, we will send you a new piece of cookware of equal or greater value.

What types of cookware are covered under the lifetime guarantee?

All of our cookware is covered under the lifetime guarantee. This includes pots, pans, and other kitchen tools. Our guarantee applies to defects in materials and workmanship, so if your cookware shows signs of wear and tear from regular use, it may not be eligible for exchange.

Do I need to provide a receipt or proof of purchase for the lifetime guarantee?

No, you do not need to provide a receipt or proof of purchase for the lifetime guarantee. Our guarantee applies to all Pampered Chef cookware, regardless of when or where it was purchased. However, if you do have a receipt, it may help expedite the exchange process.

What if my cookware is discontinued or no longer available?

If your cookware is discontinued or no longer available, we will do our best to find a comparable replacement for you. If a replacement is not available, we will offer you a store credit or a refund for the value of your cookware.

Is the lifetime guarantee transferable to a new owner?

Yes, the lifetime guarantee is transferable to a new owner. If you sell or give away your Pampered Chef cookware, the new owner will still be covered under the lifetime guarantee. However, the original proof of purchase may be required for the new owner to initiate an exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LBurke
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
LBurke
  • melindagilbert
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • beepampered