• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Team Cooking Challenge: Share Your Recipe Files!

In summary, the conversation is about hosting themed shows where guests participate in preparing the recipes. The hosts discuss the success of these types of shows, with one member sharing their experience with a traditional demo show. Some recipes are also shared, including Taffy Apple Pizza, Three-Cheese Garden Pizza, and Clubhouse Chicken Squares. The benefits of smaller teams for the hands-on shows are also mentioned.
LoriD32
Hi everyone... I have recently been looking at doing this at my shows - pairing off into two teams and having the teams each prepare a recipe. Has anyone done this and could you share the files??

I am doing this with limited PC products as I'm only in my SS#2 So any and all help would be appreciated!

thank you
Pampered Lori

Next Thursday, My host invited about 60 people, and is expecting a huge utrnout, so we decided to divide them into 2 teams (maybe even 3) and let them fix the food. We are doing side-by-side Calzones, and profiteroles. I haven't decided on a 3rd recipe, if we do one. Maybe a dip and chips thing. it should be a lot of fun. Later in ther month, I have an amazing race show. it is always a lot of fun. I found the outlines on this board, just to a search for Amazing Race.

I did2 shows with this theme in Feb. It was a great hit! The guests really liked the hands on.

I've found that small teams work best for the race shows, along with relatively simple recipes. At least that's the case for me. :)

The best team size I've experienced was no more than 5 per team. Anymore than that and the rest of the folks just stand around at the edges. I had one show where there were roughly 15 guests for 2 teams/recipes. There was a bunch of crowding and not a whole lot of participation. :\ I had a few other shows that were <10 people for 2 teams/recipes and they went awesomely well. :) Since then, I now work with my host to decide whether a hands-on team show or a demo show will be best. If the head count is above 12, I recommend a demo.

I'd love to help with the recipes, but most of the ones I've done have included extra-kit products like the A/P/C/S and the Stir Fry or 12in Skillet. :\

Please share recipes... I have the new executive 12-skillet and my first ssmonth bonus... but I am willing to buy products. I think in my area traditional shows are SOOOO over done and I'm running into problems with been there done that! Plus I feel like Max Headroom when doing a traditional demo show! So anything and everything is welcome and more than appreciated!! tHAnks!

Here are the recipes I have used:

Taffy Apple Pizza

1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 medium Granny Smith apples
¼ cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
½ cup peanuts

Preheat oven to 350˚ F. For crust, shape cookie dough into a ball. Place dough in center of Large Round Stone; flatten slightly with palm of hand. Using lightly floured Dough and Pizza Roller, roll out dough to 14-inch circle, about ¼ inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely. For topping, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over top of cookie. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peler/Corer/Slicer. Arrange apples evenly over cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon. To heat caramel; topping, microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle over apples. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over apples. Cut pizza into 16 wedges with Pizza Cutter; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Three-Cheese Garden Pizza

1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
2 garlic cloves
1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese
1 medium tomato
1 medium zucchini
1 small onion
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Any other toppings you want!

1. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller, roll pizza crust into a 14-inch circle on Large Round Stone. Bake crust 7 minutes; remove from oven.
2. Using Utility Knife, finely mince garlic; spread over partially baked crust using classic scraper. Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheeses evenly over crust. Using Utility Knife, thinly slice tomato and onion. Thinly slice zucchini using crinkle cutter. Slice mushrooms using Egg Slicer Plus.
3. Layer Vegetables evenly over crust. Grate Parmesan cheese over vegetables using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
4. Bake 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges with Pizza Cutter; serve Warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Here is another one (called Great Race instead of Amazing Race). I have not personally used this one (yet). I can't take the credit for it either. This one came from another board. The author is Vincent.

Shopping List:

Clubhouse Chicken Squares
2 packages (8oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons mayonnaise (do not measure out)
1 small garlic clove
1 teaspoon Pantry All Purpose Dill Mix (Consultant will bring)
1 can (10oz) chunk white chicken
½ small cucumber
2 plum tomatoes
(2 oz) block cheddar cheese
6 slices of bacon, crisply cooked and drained (look for already cooked or the one that cooks in the microwave inside a bag – clean, fast and easy)

Peanutty Brownie Pizza
1 package brownie mix
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
½ cup packed brown sugar (do not measure out)
¼ cup peanut butter (do not measure out)
2 packages of full-size Reeses cups (4 cups total)
½ c whole peanuts
2 bananas
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate morsels (do not measure out)
1 tsp vegetable oil (do not measure out)
Optional: Ice cream to serve with it

Appetizer Ideas:
Chips, salsa, guacamole
Meats – andouille sausages sliced, meatballs
Fruit – grapes, melon, pear or apple wedges (dip quickly in small bowl of water containing 2000mg Vitamin C (dissolved), to prevent browning)
Relish tray – pickles and olives, pickled garlic, cocktail onions

Drinks:
Bottled water, sodas, wine, beer

Serviceware:
Plates, napkins, glasses, forks, spoons. Bowls & toothpicks if needed.
The Great Race Rules (for your reference, I’ll bring them as cards)

Step 1: We will break into two teams. (Can divide by sex, or pick from two colored items like Hershey kisses.)
Step 2: Team #1 will go into the Kitchen to prepare the Peanutty Brownie Pizza. Team #2 will go into the Dining Room to prepare the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. You will find all the tools and ingredients necessary to make this recipe in the there.
Step 3: I will set the timer to see how quickly you can work as a team to complete your recipe. Both teams have the same number of steps, so it should be a fair competition. When I say go, you are allowed to open the first envelope, Envelope #1, and complete this task. You are not allowed to open Envelope #2 until your first task is finished.
Step 4: You might encounter a “Pit Stop” or “Detour.” If this happens, carefully follow the directions so that you can continue with your recipe.
Step 5: The winning team is the first to get your recipe completed and ready to serve. All members on the winning team will get to choose a prize from my Goodie Basket.

Thank you so much!! Here's a question, maybe you know the answer - do they cook the item during the "race" or do you have that done beforehand??

thank you soooo much!

It depends on the recipe. For the Taffy Apple Pizza, I pre-bake the crust before the show because it needs to cool completely before the toppings are added. The 3 cheese pizza does better if you roll it out and bake it for about 5 minutes. I don't completely pre-bake it like I do the Taffy Apple Pizza because after it is assemblied it needs to bake an additional 15-20 minutes.

I have done a few shows where the group breaks into teams and makes two different recipes, but at the end of the evening I feel like I didn't tell everyone what I wanted them to know about the products and the guest sales aren't as high. Also, even though I mention bookings and recruiting, I still don't get to talk about it as much as I'd like. Any thoughts? :confused:

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

The recipe I used with the 12" Skillet was the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie. It also used the Classic Batter Bowl, Cutting Board, Crinkle Cutter, Kitchen Shears, and a couple of other tools. The guests looooooved it. It was easy to make, but showcased enough tools to allow for some great cross-sells.

The recipe I used for the A/P/C/S was the Apple Salsa. Again it was dead simple, but used enough tools, like the Microplane Grater, that cross-sells were simple.

I've also had them make the Strawberry Bruschetta, Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry, and Ice Cream Torte. These are all recipes out of the Season's Best at the time. :)

When I first started doing these team-style race shows, I found the pace far too frantic for decent exposure to the tools. I had the cards for each team with step by step instructions and tasks, along with tips and information peppered within them, but the teams were too focused on getting done first. When I took the competition element out of it, it was much, much more fun for me and the guests.

With the competition of the thing removed, the team members were more likely to actually READ what was on the cards as well as take the TIME to figure out a tool. They were also much more apt to call me over to ask questions about stuff. That afforded me better opportunities to share tips, tricks, and slide in the subtle cross-sell suggestions.

Good luck regardless of how you decide to do it! :D

AGW--What were the parameters of the show with the "race" aspect removed? How did you guide the show and work in your pitches (booking/recruiting) ? Did you still use the envelopes?

With the "race" angle did...what were the detours and pit stops? It sounds like fun, but I do understand the downfalls of the demo. It would be great for those repeat hosts/guests.

Chef Kearns said:
AGW--What were the parameters of the show with the "race" aspect removed? How did you guide the show and work in your pitches (booking/recruiting) ? Did you still use the envelopes?

With the "race" angle did...what were the detours and pit stops? It sounds like fun, but I do understand the downfalls of the demo. It would be great for those repeat hosts/guests.

Essentially all I did was say that it wasn't a competition. I say that the show is a team-style hands on show. I left everything else pretty much the same, including detours and pit stops. The show starts with the usual monologue - introduce self, thank the host, guest introductions, my story, business opportunity, and mentionables like host benefits and specials.

Then I introduce the recipe and the format and let 'em go at it. If they want to make it into a competition, it's entirely up to them, but I haven't had a group do that yet. Each team has a set of instruction cards. They need to finish everything on a card before going onto the next one. Included on each card is something the reader should share with the team or the whole group. I try to spend equal time hovering around the fringes of each group to be available for questions and interject information when the opportunity presents.

Once the recipes are completed and the workstations cleared and cleaned, we all sit back down and discuss the recipe, products, ordering, booking, etc. I tell them that I'll be asking 3 questions: Did you enjoy the show tonight? Did you learn anything new? Would you like to book a show? Then I leave them to it and just wait for them to come to me with their orders. :)

Here is an idea that I was thinking of trying to use in June.....not sure if it's a good idea or not....and it's in the planning phase so....feel free to add to it....

It would be a couples show...and I was planning on having my husband do the show with me (he is very supportive)....We would do the show together and have a cook off - well a grill and bake off...lol.... There would be teams....the guys vs the girls...... he would lead the guys team and I'd be with the girls..... then each team would grill something and bake something.... I was thinking maybe chicken skewers on the grill....to show off our grill set with skewers and then each team would make a microwave cake.... to see which team's food comes out better.... We would either need two grills...OR while the guys are grilling then the girls can be making the cake and then we switch....that way the they both (guys and girls) can try out the tools and see how they are really nice and then they can buy together....

What do you guys think???? Do you think it would work? In my head it sounds like a lot of fun....LOL.....

1. What is the purpose of the Team Cooking Challenge?

The Team Cooking Challenge is a fun and interactive way for Pampered Chef consultants to share their recipe files with each other. It allows for the exchange of new and exciting recipes, as well as the opportunity to learn from one another's cooking techniques.

2. How do I participate in the Team Cooking Challenge?

To participate in the Team Cooking Challenge, simply upload your favorite recipe files to the designated shared folder. You can also browse and download recipes from other consultants in the folder.

3. Are there any guidelines or restrictions for the recipes I can share?

Yes, all recipes shared in the Team Cooking Challenge must be original and cannot be copied from any other source. They should also be in line with Pampered Chef's product offerings and brand values.

4. Can I submit multiple recipes for the Team Cooking Challenge?

Yes, you can submit as many recipes as you'd like to the shared folder. The more recipes you share, the more variety and options there will be for other consultants to try and enjoy.

5. How long will the Team Cooking Challenge last?

The Team Cooking Challenge will run for a specific period of time, which will be announced beforehand. After the challenge ends, the shared folder will remain open for consultants to continue exchanging recipes and ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
zmom58
  • jregini
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg