• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Stoneware: Tips for Perfect Cookies Every Time"

In summary, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave, oven, freezer, and dishwasher. It does not need to be seasoned like cast iron and can be cleaned with hot water and mild detergent. It is recommended to use silicone or wooden utensils to avoid scratching the surface, and stoneware should not be used on the stovetop as it can cause damage.
Monty060609
I tried to make cookies with my large bar pan tonight. I know that there are timing issues with the stones but I couldn't remember if it was longer or shorter? This is the first time that I've used it without a PC recipe.
So I gave the cookies an extra minute or two and they still weren't done. But then they cooled a little out of the oven and I put them back in for another 2-3 minutes.

Should I leave cookies in for 5 extra minutes every time?

In the "Stoneware Inspirations" Cookbook they suggest when baking items with a short bake time (10 minutes or less, such as cookies) you may want to add 1 to 2 minutes onto the baking time. I also read someplace that if the top of your item browns too quickly but is not baked through, lower the rack of your oven. I think experimenting is the only way to find out which way works best with your oven.

BeckyC5830 said:
...I think experimenting is the only way to find out which way works best with your oven.

Thanks!
I guess the boys at work are going to get a new favorite co-worker. :) lol

The first batch always seems to take a few minutes extra. After that, the stone is warmer and then mine tend to cook about right.

i JUST THAT TO EVERYONE AT MY SHOW TODAY. FIRST BATCH OF COOKIES TAKE 12-15 MINUTES RATHTER THAN 10-12 THE REST WILL BE 10-12

1. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. It is also safe for use in the oven, freezer, and dishwasher.

2. How do I season my stoneware?

Stoneware does not need to be seasoned like cast iron. Simply wash the stoneware with hot water and let it dry completely before using it for the first time.

3. Can I use metal utensils on stoneware?

We recommend using silicone or wooden utensils on stoneware to avoid scratching the surface. Metal utensils can damage the stoneware and affect its non-stick properties.

4. How do I clean my stoneware?

To clean your stoneware, simply wash it with hot water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stoneware's surface. You can also use a nylon scraper to remove any stuck-on food.

5. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not safe to use on the stovetop. It is designed for use in the oven only. Using stoneware on the stovetop can cause it to crack or break, and it can also damage your stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • rajenkiPC