• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with Mini Muffin Pans: Wonton Recipes Needed!

Take peanut butter cookie dough, roll into a ball and put in each cup....then insert a mini peanut butter cup in the middle and bake. MmmmmmmmI bet you could also use the Baked Potstickers recipe using the ruffle-style wonton shape in your mini-muffin pan...Thanks!
pamperedape
I really want to show off my mini muffin pan with wontons, but can't locate many recipes. Anyone know of good ones?

Berries and Wonton Cups are on here. The are good. There was a thread a while back with wontons recipes on it, try a search.

I know they are not wontnos but the prefiterole puffs are great to make in the mini muffin pan! Sorry I can't be more help with the original question...

Wonton wrappers are a great ingredient to use. You can fill them up with a variety of dips and fillings and tailor them to your show's theme. Here are some ideas where you can showcase the mini tart shaper, mini muffin, and small scoop:

asian - crab cream cheese & green onion (like a crab rangoon)
italian - bruchetta
mexican - taco meat/pork carnitas/chicken, cheese, tomato, sour cream
indian - potatoes, peas, spices (like a samosa)
spanish - baby/salad shrimp, lemon juice, avocado, cilantro (like ceviche)

You could even make them sweet, when you make the cups spritz with oil and sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon sugar. Then you could put in fruit salsa, chocolate mousse. This is making me want to make some.:p

Have you tried Pecan Tassies? They are really good. I've also made chocolate chip cookies with a kiss in the middle.

Asian-Style Wontons

24 square wonton wrappers
1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons Asian Seasoning Mix
1 1-inch piece peeled fresh gingerroot, pressed
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
Additional cilantro or parsley leaves (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Press one wonton wrapper into each muffin cup of mini-muffin pan. Lightly spray wontons with vegetable oil.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool completely.

In a bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, seasoning mix and gingers; mix well. Chop water chestnuts and grate carrot.

Finely dice bell pepper and snip cilantro. Add water chestnuts, carrot,

bell pepper and cilantro to batter bowl; mix well.

Fill each wonton cup with chicken mixture. Garnish with additional cilantro leaves, if desired.

Yield: 24 appetizers

This recipe is FANTASTIC and always gets RAVE reviews :)

ughubug said:
Asian-Style Wontons

24 square wonton wrappers
1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons Asian Seasoning Mix
1 1-inch piece peeled fresh gingerroot, pressed
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
Additional cilantro or parsley leaves (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Press one wonton wrapper into each muffin cup of mini-muffin pan. Lightly spray wontons with vegetable oil.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool completely.

In a bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, seasoning mix and gingers; mix well. Chop water chestnuts and grate carrot.

Finely dice bell pepper and snip cilantro. Add water chestnuts, carrot,

bell pepper and cilantro to batter bowl; mix well.

Fill each wonton cup with chicken mixture. Garnish with additional cilantro leaves, if desired.

Yield: 24 appetizers

This recipe is FANTASTIC and always gets RAVE reviews :)

Does anyone have a traditional wanton recipe other than this one? My kids and I didn't care for these, but loved the whole wrapping experience. :)

ground pork, cooked and drained
finely diced water chestnuts
pressed ginger root (just a little)
soysauce
green onions finely sliced
Sorry I don't have the specific measurements...I just throw it all together and hope it tastes good. I haven't baked them before though. I usually wrap them and fry them in the Stir fry skillet.

QuestionWhere do you find wonton wrappers? I wondered all over the grocery store yesterday & couldn't find them anywhere.

christy_c said:
Where do you find wonton wrappers? I wondered all over the grocery store yesterday & couldn't find them anywhere.
I think they should be in the produce section

I think they are in the produce section of our grocery store. At our Target they are near the fresh herbs, bag salad and refrigerated dressings.

another use for the mini muffin pan.....

take peanut butter cookie dough, roll into a ball and put in each cup....then insert a mini peanut butter cup in the middle and bake. Mmmmmmmm

I bet you could also use the Baked Potstickers recipe using the ruffle-style wonton shape in your mini-muffin pan...

Thanks! I was also thinking of doing peanut butter cookie dough and then using the EAD to put jelly in - PB&J cookies!!

1. How can I use mini muffin pans to make wontons?

Mini muffin pans are a great tool for making wontons because they provide the perfect size and shape for bite-sized appetizers. To make wontons with mini muffin pans, simply place wonton wrappers into the greased cups of the pan, fill with your desired filling, and bake in the oven until crispy.

2. What types of fillings work well for wontons in mini muffin pans?

You can get creative with your wonton fillings, but some popular options include ground pork or chicken, shrimp, vegetables, and cream cheese. You can also experiment with different seasonings and sauces to add even more flavor to your wontons.

3. Can I make sweet wontons in mini muffin pans?

Absolutely! Mini muffin pans are not just for savory dishes. You can make delicious sweet wontons by using wonton wrappers and filling them with your favorite fruits, such as diced apples or berries, and a touch of sugar and cinnamon. Bake until crispy and serve with a scoop of ice cream.

4. How do I prevent wontons from sticking to the pan?

To prevent wontons from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously grease the cups of the mini muffin pan before placing the wonton wrappers in. You can also lightly spray the top of the wontons with cooking spray before baking.

5. Can I freeze wontons made in mini muffin pans?

Yes, you can freeze wontons made in mini muffin pans. After baking, let the wontons cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. When ready to eat, simply reheat in the oven or microwave until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • rajenkiPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • kam