• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Cooking Tips for Beginners - Share Your Knowledge Here!”

In summary, Carolyn shared tips on cooking, Doris' husband Jay Christopher's book Come to the Basement was mentioned, and Kevin in panties was discussed.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Hey all,
I found thats I have learned ton of little tid bits and tips to give clients about the products but since I have I have never cooked before this, I need some quick cooking tips to give people.
Can you all help me out with those?:D

I am still, to this day, using the tips that Kelly (our AD) shared with me at MY Pampered Chef shows back in 1999 and 2001...
-Roll a lemon/lime/orange firmly on the counter before juicing it
-when a recipe calls for 1/2 an onion, tomato, bell pepper or anything else with a stem...use the non-stem-end first and put the end connected to the tems in a ziploc in the fridge. The stem end will keep it fresher longer.
-when grating soft cheeses (mozz, cheddar, munster), nuke it for 10-15 seconds first - this releases the oils to make it easier to grate

I am also attaching a few files I have with tons of great food tips.

Attachments

• Foodtips.doc
    23 KB · Views: 457
  • Food Quick Tips.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 472
  • Food Quick Tips 2.doc
    79 KB · Views: 426
Carolyn...YOU RULE!! Even if your pink panties are a part of your shows now...BAHAHAHAHA! Thank you soooooo soooo much.

Jilleysue said:
Carolyn...YOU RULE!! Even if your pink panties are a part of your shows now...BAHAHAHAHA! Thank you soooooo soooo much.

Hey - how do you know they were MY pink panties and not Evan's?!?! Bahahahahahahahahahahahhaah!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA...This is true. I know he dances..so anything is possible. Now if that is the case...I am seriously coming over to see that outfit. Kevin has a pair of mine he likes to wear, LOL Black with a little pink bow. He tried them on one time..and said how in the HELL do you girls do this????????? I think he would kill me if I told this...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Oh please let him go to Chicago now....BAHAHAHHAHAH. He is in the middle of reading Doris's book. How cool is that?

Jilleysue said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA...This is true. I know he dances..so anything is possible. Now if that is the case...I am seriously coming over to see that outfit. Kevin has a pair of mine he likes to wear, LOL Black with a little pink bow. He tried them on one time..and said how in the HELL do you girls do this????????? I think he would kill me if I told this...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Oh please let him go to Chicago now....BAHAHAHHAHAH. He is in the middle of reading Doris's book. How cool is that?

OMG he is reading Doris' book? That's SO awsome!! (I'll get to the Kevin in panties issue in a minute - LOL) There is also a book by Jay Christopher (Doris' DH) called Come to the Basement (I think?) he'd probably like - it's all about Doris' business from Jay's point of view.
OK...now...Kevin in panties - bahahahahahahahhahah!!!!! I promise I won;t tell him you just told the whole world on a public internet chat message board - LOLOLOL

Here is a little microwave tip....

Know how butter pops when microwaved for anything over ...say about 10 seconds. If you dust it with any powder used in the recipe (flour, cake mix, spices, -not sure about sugar-), it will not pop all over the microwave. If you don't have any flour in the recipe, you could add a little if it wouldn't change the recipe any. It only needs a dusting on top of the butter. Sometimes I will roll the bowl around to coat it better.

Just tried it by chance one time in the kitchen and it worked.

Now... I don't guarantee that it will work if you microwave it for... say 5 minutes :eek: , but it will work till it is melted.:D

I know right...HAHAHAHAHA. It was so funny. I was like what are you doing, but when you thought about it, I don't how we do it either...he was trying to relate I guess. I said hey its comfortable to us.....LOL.
I'll have to get that other book to. We have talked about Chicago alot and he said I am going to read this book. Before I started doing PC, we have always talked about going to Chicago because Kevin Loves Hotdogs and Pizza. He has always wanted to go to the Original Pizzaria UNO's.....so he said I am going to read this book and find out more about what PC is all about we can decide.
So I think the first trip would be really cool for him to go with me, but I know it's a lot more money, so I am leaving it up to him.
He might not go though, if he knows everyone knows he tried on my underwear...LOL

These tips are great..Thank you

Do you use tips to fill in the "empty" spaces in your demo? I do a lot of rings, and when I'm putting the filling on the rolls, it's very quiet if the guests aren't talking...would it be weird to be giving out tips that have nothing to do with the demo?

Oh I never let it get quiet EVER EVER EVER. I talk about How I can't believe I do this now, or I make a joke. I say, I never knew how easy this is..just filling a ring with a scooper and it comes out soo pretty. I start a conversation and usually they finish it. I just want the tips so they come to a show and learn something that they can do at home whether they buy something or not. I want them to have a positive experience with PC always whether they buy or not.

WOWEEEE....I cannot IMAGINE first of all, Bryan wearing my undies, thong or not, and I REALLY cannot imagine what he would do to me if he found out that I told anyone!!!

Oh yeah, kitchen tips...I like to make cookie dough, then scoop it out on an old metal cookie sheet (all they're good for anymore) right next to each other, then you freeze them for a few hours, then you can take them out and put them in a baggie, and you have your own break and bakes! Use your small bar pan in the toaster oven for a quick afternoon snack of WARM cookies! YUM!

If you have a box or bag of brown sugar that has gotten hard, put it in the freezer overnight or for a couple days if need be. It will soften right up!

quiverfull7 said:
If you have a box or bag of brown sugar that has gotten hard, put it in the freezer overnight or for a couple days if need be. It will soften right up!

Never knew that....thanks for the tip.

Jilleysue said:
Oh I never let it get quiet EVER EVER EVER. I talk about How I can't believe I do this now, or I make a joke. I say, I never knew how easy this is..just filling a ring with a scooper and it comes out soo pretty. I start a conversation and usually they finish it. I just want the tips so they come to a show and learn something that they can do at home whether they buy something or not. I want them to have a positive experience with PC always whether they buy or not.

I'm just not that quick yet....I'm still shy and learning - i've never been good at small talk or jokes or anything.

Do you think it would be OK to use quick tips to fill in the dead air? Would it seem weird?

Winnipegk said:
I'm just not that quick yet....I'm still shy and learning - i've never been good at small talk or jokes or anything.

Do you think it would be OK to use quick tips to fill in the dead air? Would it seem weird?

No, not at all, our customers LOVE to learn new things and that is what makes us special....although we are not professional chef's, we are just like our customers, loving to learn and make our lives more simple....I think it would be FUN for them....

Sometimes, if I'm doing a recipe that will have some dead time and that requires cooking, I will do intros during the show instead of at the beginning. It keeps the show from lasting to long and prevents deadtime. I'll talk, do two or three intros and then talk again. When I've talked enough I ask for a few more intros. Keeps the guests involved as well.

I think, however, a cooking tip can be given at any time, even if it has nothing to do with the recipe. It would be releveant if you had tips about the ingedients that you are using but people LOVE tips so it would be good no matter what..

What is the best way to chop vegetables quickly?

The key to chopping vegetables quickly is to have a sharp knife and a stable cutting surface. Hold the vegetable firmly with your non-dominant hand and use a rocking motion with the knife to chop through the vegetable. You can also use a food processor with a chopping blade for even faster results.

How do I know when meat is cooked thoroughly?

The best way to ensure that meat is cooked thoroughly is to use a meat thermometer. Insert it into the thickest part of the meat and make sure it reaches the recommended internal temperature for the type of meat you are cooking. Alternatively, you can also cut into the meat and check for any pink or raw areas.

What is the best way to season dishes quickly?

One quick and easy way to season dishes is to use pre-made spice blends. These can be found at most grocery stores and offer a convenient way to add flavor without having to measure out individual spices. You can also use fresh herbs, which can be chopped and added to dishes for a burst of flavor.

How can I cut down on cooking time for meals?

One way to cut down on cooking time is to plan ahead and prep ingredients in advance. This can include chopping vegetables, marinating meat, or cooking grains ahead of time. You can also use kitchen gadgets like a slow cooker or pressure cooker to speed up the cooking process.

What are some tips for cleaning up quickly after cooking?

To make cleaning up after cooking quicker, try to clean as you go. This means washing dishes and utensils as you finish using them and wiping down counters and stovetops as spills occur. You can also line baking sheets and pans with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier cleanup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allergycooker
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janice moore
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies