• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Kitchen Show with These Cooking Time Ideas

is doing her second Kitchen Show soon and has at least 18 people RSVPing Yes! During the cooking time at her first show, she talked about stoneware, cookware, host and guest specials and benefits of hosting. She was done a little early (before the food was ready) and just had everyone ask questions and browse the catalog. Any ideas on what else she could talk about through the cooking time?When Mary observed her director's show, she had each person tell her their favorite product and then she gave them ideas about how to use it that weren't the traditional way to use them. One example was cutting board: a lapboard for people to use on long trips. When she asked her guests what they would like
keywanu6
I am doing my second Kitchen Show soon and have at least 18 people RSVPing Yes! During the cooking time at my first show, i talked about stoneware, cookware, host and guest specials and benefits of hosting. i was done a little early (before the food was ready) and just had everyone ask questions and browse the catalog. Any ideas on what else i could talk about through the cooking time?

When I observed my director's show she had each person tell her their favorite product and then she gave them ideas about how to use it that weren't the traditional way to use them. Ex: cutting board: a lapboard for people to use on long trips I hope I haven't sounded too confusing

That's also a good time to do the ticket game.

Catalog favoritesI start off my cooking time going through the catalog with the guests by talking about my "favorites". I pre-tag the page in the catalog circling one item in each category (Baking Basics, etc) that I don't have at the show, and talk about why its my favorite or something that has mulitple uses.

I ask if anyone has that item and they can talk about it too. I usually introduce the whole thing by mentioning that "I know some of you are seeing the catalog for the first time and there are a few things you may have overlooked that are absolutely great products!" And I start introducing the item & how I use it or how I have heard other consultants use it.

By this point in the show, you have shown yourself sincere, knowledgeable and have gained their trust and they are happy to hear your "picks". I usually get a few extra orders this way.
Hope it helps!!

Last edited:
Your off to a great start. Make sure you cross sell other products, bring up the new items in the catalog and mention you are booking for July and Aug. One thing that is a must is to mention the opporturnity to them. You were interested in it and there may be someone out there as well, if not it's good practice for when you are ready.

Mary O'Sullivan

1. How can I make the most of my kitchen show with limited time?

One way to maximize your kitchen show is to plan out a menu that utilizes similar ingredients and cooking methods. This will save time on prep and clean up. Also, consider prepping some ingredients in advance and using time-saving tools like a food processor or slow cooker.

2. What are some tips for keeping the cooking time on schedule during a kitchen show?

Start by setting a realistic timeline for each dish and stick to it. Have all necessary ingredients and tools easily accessible and make sure to delegate tasks to guests if needed. Also, consider using a timer for each dish to help stay on track.

3. How can I incorporate interactive elements into my kitchen show to keep guests engaged?

Consider having guests participate in certain steps of the cooking process, such as chopping vegetables or mixing ingredients. You can also have mini challenges or games related to cooking, or offer a prize for the guest who guesses the correct cooking time for a dish.

4. What are some creative ways to showcase the cooking time for each dish during the kitchen show?

One idea is to create a visual timeline by using sticky notes or a whiteboard to show the steps and estimated cooking times for each dish. You can also have a designated guest or assistant keep track of the cooking time and announce when each dish is ready.

5. How can I ensure that all guests have a chance to try the dishes without feeling rushed?

Plan the timing of your dishes so that there is a natural break between each one, allowing guests to take their time and enjoy each dish. Also, consider having smaller portions of each dish so that guests can try a variety without feeling too full. Lastly, encourage guests to take leftovers home to enjoy at their own pace.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Natalie Darcy
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DizziePixie