• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Show Format: Hosts & Guests Share Experiences

In summary, the author suggests using a demo format followed by interactive questions to see what works best with the crowd. Different formats might work better for different personalities. The most important thing is to have fun and be approachable.
Shortstuff0203
I have my first cooking shows booked in August. I have given my host all their information, and am really excited! The one thing that I'm not sure about is what format I should use. Should I just do a demo, or have all the guest prepare the recipe? What has worked best for you as far as guest having the most fun and getting the most rewards for your host? I know it is going to be trial and error, but maybe I can avoid some hard lessons based on your past experiences.

I think you have to play with several ways before you get your niche. For me personally, I like to let people do the demo. Because they are touching the products and asking questions. If I do shows where I know people have been several times then I will try different recipes with some of the same products and then a new something to show off why they need to keep buying..lol.

You have to figure out what's going to work for you. Doing an interactive show and getting people involved might work for mzpatient but at the same time it might not work for me. It's totally about your personality and what you feel most comfortable with but also what works with the crowd that you have at that specific show. I have gone into a show intending to do an interactive cooking show only to find that none of the guests had any intention of getting their hands dirty or helping with the recipe. I had to adjust my plan and make it work with the crowd that I had. This could happen to you as well. I'm not saying go in there and wing it but what I'm saying is sit down, figure out how you'd like to run your show and get everything laid out like you want it but also know that you might have to be flexible. You'll do great! One tip I heard today at Fall Launch from a top seller and recruiter in my area is a fun way to try to avoid any lulls or downtime during your show. I'm going to try it at my next show, when a guest comes in she meets them at the door with a blank name tag. She asks their first name and writes it on their name tag, she then asks what the guests favorite PC product is and she writes that as their last name. If she finds that they have some downtime while their recipe is cooking/cooling or she gets to a point where she needs something to talk about she will look at their name tags and ask them about their favorite product. Why is it their favorite? What do they like most about it? What are some of the different ways that they use it? They might just sell their favorite product to another guest that had no intention of buying that product. The most important thing to remember though is that they are at a Pampered Chef party to have fun, so allow them to have that fun, encourage them to have fun. Make jokes, laugh, have a good time but also be informative and do your job as a consultant while building relationships with them. This business is all about relationships so be approachable and personable! Let us know how it goes!

1. How do I become a Pampered Chef host?

To become a Pampered Chef host, simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting a cooking show. They will guide you through the process and help you plan a successful show.

2. What is the role of the host in a Pampered Chef cooking show?

The host is responsible for inviting guests, providing a space to host the show, and helping the consultant with preparation and clean-up. During the show, the host also helps to create a fun and engaging atmosphere for guests.

3. Can I invite guests to a Pampered Chef cooking show even if I am not familiar with their cooking abilities?

Yes, you can invite guests of all cooking abilities to a Pampered Chef cooking show. Our consultants are trained to tailor the show to the guests' abilities and make sure everyone has a great time.

4. What kind of food is typically prepared at a Pampered Chef cooking show?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and products for all types of meals, including appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Our consultants will work with the host to choose recipes that fit the theme and preferences of the guests.

5. Can I earn rewards by hosting a Pampered Chef cooking show?

Yes, you can earn free and discounted products by hosting a Pampered Chef cooking show. The more guests you invite and orders you receive, the more rewards you can earn. Contact a consultant for more information on our host rewards program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• {*mandy*}
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
smile10308
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • ponvn591
  • Products and Tips
Replies