1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Cooking Show for Men

1. Hello All. I have never posted here but visit every day. Love the ideas and feedback. Was wondering if anyone could help me. The men in my family want to have a "Men Only" cooking show. They talked it up amongst there friends and looks like we will have a really nice group. I must say I was surprised. While I am all for the idea of doing this, I have no ideas. I am coming up blank. Has anyone done a show for the men? I would also like to know what recipes would you use. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Oct 23, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

The last one I did - we made it a Game Day Show. I had the guys all sitting/standing around a table, and they helped with the recipe. We made Classic Mini Cheeseburgers, and Touchdown Taco Dip...and then I made the chocolate peanut butter dump cake in the microwave.

It was a lot of fun. I made sure all of the guys got to use the knives...they love the knives, chopper, UM....let them get their hands on the tools, and they will buy them!

Oct 23, 2009
  3. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Becky, that sounds awesome! I've never had the opportunity but I can say that my best customers have been men. I have never had a man order less than $80 - and only one was actually at a show. The other two were at vendor events. My gut tells me that its because men buy what they like and know the value and don't sweat it like us women do.

Oct 23, 2009
  4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Ribs or Wings in the Deep Covered Baker....definitely get the knives in their hands.

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I think your gut is right!;)

Oct 23, 2009
  6. Wonderful Ideas, thanks so much. My husband is the reason I am in this business. He went to a show and bought all of the grilling items and spices. Now, if that were me.....well......you know what I mean.....

I agree that the men tend to buy more, which is why I think it will be a great show. I'll keep you posted.

Oct 23, 2009
Have something to add?