• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Cook Ribeye Perfectly in a Grill Pan?

In summary, cooking ribeye steaks in a grill pan can be intimidating, but with the right techniques, you can achieve perfectly cooked steaks. Preheat the pan, season the steaks, and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium doneness. You can also finish cooking them in the oven if desired. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and let the steaks rest before slicing and serving. Don't be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and cooking times to find your perfect steak.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, don't laugh at me...

I am not a outdoor grill person. I never cook burgers or steak...I go to my mom's for that. :D Seriously, I mostly just cook chicken and PC recipes. So, here I have these great looking Ribeye steaks that I want to make for dinner and I'm scared I'm going to ruin them! I want to do them in my grill pan.

How do I cook these in my oven/on the stove? What time, temp, etc. I like it cooked to medium.

Please help! :D

Wish I had seen this earlier Amanda. I do not eat steak but I can tell you it is about 4 minutes per side, medium high heat if they are about 1" thick. Thinner, do 2 minutes and check. I think the ideal temp for medium is 130 or 140 and you should use your pocket thermometer. Remember - let them rest about 10 minutes before cutting. The internal temp should increase about 5 degrees.

Don't worry, we won't laugh at you! We all have to start somewhere when it comes to cooking. Ribeye steaks can be intimidating, but with the right techniques, you'll be able to cook them perfectly. Here's what I suggest:1. Preheat your grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat. You want the pan to be hot before you add the steaks.2. While the pan is heating up, season your steaks with salt and pepper. You can also add any other seasonings you like, such as garlic powder or steak seasoning.3. Once the pan is hot, add the steaks. You should hear a sizzling sound when they hit the pan. Let them cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium doneness. If you like your steak more well done, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on each side.4. If you have an oven-safe grill pan, you can also finish cooking the steaks in the oven. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place the grill pan with the steaks in the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes.5. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steaks. For medium doneness, the thermometer should read 145 degrees.6. Once the steaks are done, let them rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the steak tender and juicy.I hope this helps! Don't be afraid to experiment with different seasonings and cooking times to find your perfect steak. Happy cooking!

1. How do I properly season my ribeye before cooking?

To properly season your ribeye, start by patting it dry with a paper towel. Then, generously season both sides with salt and pepper or your preferred dry rub. Let the ribeye sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking to allow the seasoning to penetrate the meat.

2. What type of grill pan should I use for cooking ribeye?

We recommend using a heavy-duty cast iron grill pan for cooking ribeye. Cast iron is great for distributing heat evenly and creating those beautiful grill marks on the steak. Make sure the grill pan is well-seasoned before use to prevent sticking.

3. How should I prepare my grill pan before cooking ribeye?

Before cooking, preheat your grill pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Once heated, lightly brush the pan with oil to prevent sticking. You can also use a grill spray or non-stick cooking spray.

4. What is the best temperature to cook ribeye in a grill pan?

For a medium-rare ribeye, cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side in a grill pan over medium-high heat. For a medium ribeye, cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side. It's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare or 145°F for medium.

5. How do I properly clean my grill pan after cooking ribeye?

After cooking, let the grill pan cool down before cleaning. Use a stiff brush or sponge to scrub away any residue and then rinse with hot water. Avoid using soap as it can remove the pan's seasoning. Dry the pan thoroughly and lightly coat with oil before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EMarth123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • pamperedberry