• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press Tips: Perfect Cookies Every Time!

In summary, the cookie press tips are to measure out the flour, stir it first, and make sure it's light and fluffy before scooping.
proudmama02
I bought a cookie press. Any tips/hints to share in making perfect cookies?? Thanks!

Use the peanut butter recipe that PC offers in their cookbooks to practice. It works every time. Then practice. I know I need to practice with mine, sometimes the dough would get stuck, but I think I just need to work with it. But you cann't go wrong with the peanut butter cookie recipe. Anyone with some other great tips.

Choice of ShapesYou def. need to practice, and I would try different discs too as I feel some work better than others. One problem I sometimes have is getting the dough to stick to the stone - rubbing a little of the cookie dough on the stone seems to help!
Yvonne

I just used my yesterday with the cookie recipe from the Celebrate Cookbook with the cake bater. For the first time ever I actually liked my cookie press. The recipe is the key!!!

what was the name of recipe made with cake batter, using the cookie press?

proudmama02 said:
what was the name of recipe made with cake batter, using the cookie press?
Are those the spritz cookies? I know there's a recipe I used that used the boxed cake mix. Is that what you mean? I'm sorry....I'm probably not much help with this one! :eek:

Cookie Press TipsI found last year when making cookies at Christmas that it works best with the harder douhg, it must be cold. Once the dough gets warm and starts getting soft the shapes don't hold up.

Enjoy!!

Hi everyone,
I just got back from conference, and learned of a great tip when using the cooking press, or baking at all, for that matter...

When measuring out the flour, take your whisk and stir up the flour first. Make sure it's light and fluffy. Then scoop out the flour gently, overfilling the cup. Next, scrape off the excess with a knife to level it out. The difference in this way, versus scooping without stirring can mean everything! They weighed each way, and the unstirred flour weighed 5.25 ounces, when the stirred flour weighed a little over 4! That's a huge difference when measuring three cups for one batch of dough!

Hope this helps somewhat!

Rebecca Bilyeu
Future Director
www.pamperedchef.biz/chefbilyeu

I have to refridgerate my cookie dough to get it to work. This is the one tool that I just an not crazy about.

What is a cookie press?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make uniformly-shaped cookies by pressing dough through a disc with a decorative pattern.

How do I use a cookie press?

To use a cookie press, start by choosing the desired disc and attaching it to the press. Then, fill the press with cookie dough and press it onto an ungreased baking sheet in a single motion. Repeat until all the dough is used.

What types of cookies can I make with a cookie press?

A cookie press can be used to make a variety of cookies, including spritz cookies, butter cookies, and even savory crackers. Some presses also come with attachments for making other types of treats, such as churros or cheese straws.

How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

To clean a cookie press, disassemble it and wash the parts in warm, soapy water. Be sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling. Some cookie presses are also dishwasher safe. To maintain your cookie press, be sure to store it in a cool, dry place and avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the discs.

What are some tips for getting perfect cookies every time?

Some tips for using a cookie press include using a chilled dough, pressing the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, and being careful not to overfill the press. It's also important to use a consistent amount of pressure when pressing the dough and to clean the press between each use to avoid any clogs or misshapen cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies