• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Cooking Magazine Subscriptions Should I Get?

In summary, the conversation was about different cooking magazines and their recommendations. Some of the magazines mentioned were Food Network, Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country, Fine Cooking, Taste of Home, King Arthur Flour, Eating Well, Real Simple, Good Housekeeping, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen, Kraft, Pillsbury, and Cooking Light. The conversation also touched on the preference for easy, healthy, and kid-friendly recipes, as well as the availability of recipes and cooking tips online.
ChefJen2012
I'm thinking about getting one or two. Which ones do you recommend?

Food Network :D

Food Network, Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country, and Fine Cooking

cochef said:
Food Network :D

What did you like about the Food Network magazine? I am curious as I really didn't care for it. I tried it for a year and only found 1 recipe that looked worth trying. Wondering if I missed something??

I like Taste of Home (and some of their family of magazines). I have subscribed to Taste of Home from their very first issue and still get it. I liked Cook's Illustrated a lot, too. In the past I have gotten the King Arthur Flour magazine (The Baking Sheet?).

I have since cut back since I am trying to eat healthier. I subscribe to Eating Well magazine now and it is pretty good for that kind of thing.

Even though this is not a cooking magazine, I have yet to try a good recipe from Real Simple. The few I have tried have been awful.

When I was just starting out, I used to get Good Housekeeping and used that quite often for many many successful recipes. That was back in the 80's - not sure how they are now. I still have some tried and true recipes that I got from GH.

I love my Rachael Ray magazine and have kept every copy. While I don't always make a lot of stuff in them, they have great food tips I can use on my facebook page and talk about "food" stuff that goes on in different cities. Love it and it's really affordable.

I love food and Family from Kraft and Taste of home

Taste of Home, Paula Deen, Kraft and Pillsbury are all great!

are you looking for recipes, or cooking tips?Lots of the ones listed have recipes. Cook's Illustrated has lots of tips.
I've got Rachael Ray's right now...not renewing. I've always been a fan of Taste of Home mags.

I like Food Network, Rachel Ray and Paula Deen

I'm all about Cooking Light! I like any of the Taste of Home magazines, but I'm normally trying to alter the recipes in them to make them healthier and Cooking Light recipes start that way.

I used to have Rachel Ray's and Food Network, but stopped them. Some things looked good, but I honestly never was inspired enough to try any. I found some good things through Kraft and Pillsbury's, but now so many recipes are just more of the same. KWIM? I just keep going back to past SB's and rotating through my favorite ones. I do try things from blogs and Pinterest and ideas from fellow Cheffers when they share things.

There are so many online things now, that paying for a magazine seems like a waste to me now. I agree with Pinterest...great way to "window shop" and find what looks good!! Plus food tips and more. For free. :)

I bought a Cooking Light and a Food Network magazine to see if I liked them. There are some good recipes, but they all seem very complicated and time consuming. I want easy, healthy and kid friendly. I was learning more toward Cooking Light, because I think lo-cal, lo-fat recipes are good sellers for products. I look online too, but I like flipping through a magazine now and then. Food and Family sounds good. Most of my customers are moms with young kids like me, so maybe I'll try that one.

If you are looking at family friendly, you cant go wrong with Cooking Light/ Taste of Home, Kraft, Pillsbury.

thanks everyone for the advice :)

1. What types of cooking magazines are available for subscription?

There are a variety of cooking magazines available for subscription, including general cooking magazines, specialized cuisine magazines, and magazines focused on specific cooking techniques or dietary preferences.

2. How often will I receive issues with a cooking magazine subscription?

The frequency of issues varies depending on the specific magazine, but most cooking magazines are published on a monthly or quarterly basis. Some may also have special editions or bonus issues throughout the year.

3. Are digital versions of cooking magazines included with a subscription?

Many cooking magazines now offer digital versions as part of their subscription packages. However, not all magazines may have this option, so it's best to check with the specific magazine before subscribing.

4. Can I choose which issues I receive with a cooking magazine subscription?

With most cooking magazine subscriptions, you will automatically receive all issues published during your subscription period. However, some magazines may allow you to choose which issues you receive, such as opting out of certain themed editions.

5. How do I cancel my cooking magazine subscription?

To cancel a cooking magazine subscription, you will need to contact the magazine's customer service department. They will be able to assist you with cancelling your subscription and potentially offer a refund for any remaining issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • winklermom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • koima