• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Spider Cakes for Babysitter Party

In summary, to make Baking Spider Cakes for a Babysitter Party, you will need a cake mix of your choice, eggs, oil, water, frosting, black licorice, chocolate chips, marshmallows, and candy eyes. After baking and cooling the cake, use black licorice for the spider legs, chocolate chips for the body, marshmallows for the markings, and candy eyes to complete the face. You can use any type of cake mix, and this recipe will make one large cake or multiple smaller ones. The cakes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 weeks.
jrstephens
I want to do the little spider cakes for my sons babysitter party Tuesday.

When I cook with the bowls in the oven do I put them directly on the rack or do I sit them on a stone or something?

Don't set them on a stone, I have put mine individualy on the rack, kind of a pain to take out of the oven. So I usually put mine on a metal sheet.

Prep bowl ideasI found this file on this website. Hope it helps. I love it!!

As for placing the individual cakes in the oven, I would definitely use a metal sheet for convenience.

Have a great day.
Debbie :D

Attachments

• Prep Bowls Ideas Booklet.doc
    250.5 KB · Views: 534
thanks to you both!

Stone okayI have cooked many cakes using the Prep Bowls, and I recommend using the stone to balance the bowls for the same reason we use stones instead of metal or glass bakeware: It'll keep the heat even. The metal pans could potentially get the bottom of the bowl hotter than desired. If you've used metal and it works for you, great! But when I talk about the bowls at my show, I recommend using the stone for the even-heat factor, and to *hopefully* encourage my guests to consider more stoneware.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Baking Spider Cakes for Babysitter Party?

To make Baking Spider Cakes for Babysitter Party, you will need the following ingredients:- Cake mix of your choice- Eggs- Oil- Water- Frosting- Black licorice- Chocolate chips- Marshmallows- Candy eyes

2. How do I assemble the Baking Spider Cakes?

After baking and cooling your cake, use black licorice to create the spider legs by cutting them into small pieces and sticking them into the sides of the cake. Use chocolate chips to create the spider's body in the center of the cake. Cut marshmallows in half and place them on the spider's body for the white markings. Finally, add candy eyes to complete the spider's face.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the Baking Spider Cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer. Chocolate cake mix is recommended for a more realistic spider appearance, but you can also use vanilla or any other flavor.

4. How many Baking Spider Cakes will this recipe make?

This recipe will make one large Baking Spider Cake. If you would like to make multiple smaller cakes, you can adjust the ingredients accordingly.

5. Can I make the Baking Spider Cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Baking Spider Cakes ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving. If you want to freeze them, make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Mariaandcassy