• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create Delicious Meals on a Budget with Cooking for Couponers

In summary, Noora is planning to create a show called "Cooking for Couponers". She is looking for feedback on the idea. She is also looking for ways to make the show more interactive.
NooraK
Gold Member
Some of you may have already seen me mention this on my FB Page.

I've been mulling this idea around for a bit, and yesterday I spoke with a friend, who agreed to be a guinea pig of sorts. I want to create a theme show called "Cooking for Couponers".

The general concept I have is that we would not pick a recipe until the week of the party, and we would then pick something that can be made with ingredients that are on sale that week. During the show, I would share some basic couponing tips (though it wouldn't be an actual couponing class), and share some of the resources I use regularly. My friend has a group of ladies from church who are active couponers, and I want my focus to be teaching them what they can make with the things they find on sale.

I would love to work cookware into the demo, since it will be the August sales promo, and is the July recruiting promo.

Anyone have any other ideas I can use to expand on this idea?

Love the concept, you are brave though counting on good ingredients being on sale, but I guess you can always make something work. My only suggestion is to bring the coupon idea into the show with PC coupons... maybe that can be your door prize, like a certain amount off of a specific product, or if you spend a certain amount you get something off... could make it fun!
Or if you do the ticket game, etc maybe they get a percentage off for every ticket they earn... that could get them invested for sure!

I have teamed up with a local coupon guru and we are offering these shows every other month. SO far, so good! She takes the first half and explains the basics and how to find the coupons. I do my part next. You'd be surprised what was on sale. Our last show we made BBQ Chicken sliders and a fruit tray with dip. Everything was discounted. She takes the host benefits and I get the leads (including a recruit lead!)

Good luck!

You know what, Noora? I think this is a fabulous idea for you! It's taking two different areas that you're good at, and combining them into one great idea - I love that!

Go for it!

I'm figuring at least the some sort of beef, pork or chicken will be on sale any given week. Some of the other ingredients may not be on sale that week, but we can talk about how sales go in 6-8 week cycles. Maybe I can make the host benefits into coupons, I know Carolyn uses something like that at her shows.

NooraK said:
I'm figuring at least the some sort of beef, pork or chicken will be on sale any given week. Some of the other ingredients may not be on sale that week, but we can talk about how sales go in 6-8 week cycles.

Maybe I can make the host benefits into coupons, I know Carolyn uses something like that at her shows.

I've been using the Host Benefit Coupons for years. It works better for me than using the booking slide.

Let me see if I can find my document for you....or it's also in the files on here, but I'm trying to remember what it's called!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've been using the Host Benefit Coupons for years. It works better for me than using the booking slide.

Let me see if I can find my document for you....or it's also in the files on here, but I'm trying to remember what it's called!

Okay - found it on here. It's dated 2-21-09. look for Booking Coupons

There is a doc. dated a little while after that, it's the one Carolyn modified.

Mine is based on a $500 show - she modified it to be based on a $1000 show!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - found it on here. It's dated 2-21-09. look for Booking Coupons

There is a doc. dated a little while after that, it's the one Carolyn modified.

Mine is based on a $500 show - she modified it to be based on a $1000 show!

I remember whens he posted for help modifying it, 'cause I was trying to figure out how the original one was made :)

What a great idea Noora!

Can someone post a link to the Booking Coupon post? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

I'm definitely interested in the results of this show. I've been "couponing" for about a year or so now, and I love to introduce people to the concept. I would love to be able to incorporate it into my shows :)

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing everything with us!

I created a menu plan for the week. We don't eat enough (since the kids are still small) that I'll actually personally make all these recipes, but I picked ones that we would eat and make if we didn't end up with leftovers. Menu Plan, Week of July 5th | FacebookMy idea for the Cooking for Couponers would be centered on this kind of an idea. I'm going to try to put this together every week, and then do one of the week's recipes at the show. I can then encourage guests to check out my FB page weekly for more weekly menus.

I'm not sure you have to focus your recipe so much on what's on sale that week. I regularly shop for my shows and pick stuff up in bulk when it's on sale. Chicken (boneless breasts) when it's $1.99/lb. Pasta when it's less than $1/box. The couponers are probably good at stocking up on these basics. I think some skillet recipes that use canned goods and pasta, or even frozen veggies, could work without you having to do a different recipe each time. Asian Chicken/Pork Noodle Skillet (Ramen Noodles!!!) comes to mind. There was another recipe that was a bit more Mediterranean that used canned diced tomatoes (I think) and fresh zucchini, and maybe orzo? That one was mostly pantry staples and not much fresh produce.

I also just started coupling in April anh have been talking a bit on it at shows for a while too now. What a great idea to maybe come up with a small outline on explaining couponing in the beginging then go into the show.

We are all about budget friendly meals and saving money for dinners
This is really great . So much fun finding great deals too

Becca_in_MD said:
I'm not sure you have to focus your recipe so much on what's on sale that week. I regularly shop for my shows and pick stuff up in bulk when it's on sale. Chicken (boneless breasts) when it's $1.99/lb. Pasta when it's less than $1/box. The couponers are probably good at stocking up on these basics. I think some skillet recipes that use canned goods and pasta, or even frozen veggies, could work without you having to do a different recipe each time. Asian Chicken/Pork Noodle Skillet (Ramen Noodles!!!) comes to mind. There was another recipe that was a bit more Mediterranean that used canned diced tomatoes (I think) and fresh zucchini, and maybe orzo? That one was mostly pantry staples and not much fresh produce.

I know I don't have to, if I'm working with seasoned couponers, but I wanted to pick the recipe based on that week's sale to help out the hosts who haven't started couponing yet. Or to let those customers who don't really want to get into couponing know that they can cook cheaper meals by paying attention to what the sale prices are.

At this point, my show schedule is so sparse, that it isn't a big deal for me to cook something different at each show, but you do have a good point. Maybe I could bring the ingredients based on my stockpile, and the host reimburses me when she isn't a couponer.

Greek Chicken Orzo Skillet - that's the recipe I was thinking of!

I am in love with this idea!! I am an avid coupon-er and my summer calendar is also looking a little sparse. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

I'm not a couponer but know a lot of people are! I thought this was a great idea. I teamed up with a friend that is an avid couponer and we are doing a Cooking for Couponers show together. She will do a coupon part and then I'll show how to make easy quick meals with what you get on sale. I've invited my whole contact list so we'll see how it goes.....

This is a great idea...lots of people are couponing these days. The economy has everyone looking for deals.

1. Can you provide tips for meal planning on a budget?

Absolutely! One of the best ways to save money on groceries is to plan out your meals for the week. Start by checking your local grocery store's weekly circular for sales and discounts. Then, make a list of ingredients that are on sale and plan your meals around those items. You can also look for coupons and use them for additional savings.

2. How can I incorporate coupons into my meal planning?

Coupons are a great way to save money on groceries. When meal planning, take into account any coupons that you have and plan your meals around them. You can also search for recipes that use ingredients that you have coupons for. Additionally, many grocery stores offer digital coupons that you can load onto your store loyalty card for easy use at checkout.

3. Are there any specific ingredients or products that are best for cooking on a budget?

Yes, there are many affordable ingredients and products that are great for cooking on a budget. Some examples include beans, rice, frozen vegetables, and canned tuna. These items are often inexpensive and can be used in a variety of meals. You can also look for sales and discounts on meat, as it can be one of the more expensive components of a meal.

4. How can I make sure I am getting the most out of my grocery budget?

One of the best ways to get the most out of your grocery budget is to avoid impulse purchases. Stick to your list and only buy what you need for your planned meals. You can also buy in bulk for items that you use frequently, as this can often save you money in the long run. Additionally, consider shopping at discount grocery stores or using apps to compare prices and find the best deals.

5. Can I still cook healthy meals while on a budget?

Yes, absolutely! Cooking on a budget does not mean sacrificing nutrition. In fact, many budget-friendly ingredients are also healthy, such as beans, whole grains, and frozen vegetables. You can also make substitutions in recipes to make them more budget-friendly, such as using ground turkey instead of ground beef. And don't forget to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your meals for added nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lauradahl
Replies