• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Cooking for a Bake Sale Vs. Cooking Show!

In summary, her host helps out with the Boy Scout troop and they are doing a Bake Sale on Saturday. She is hesitant about if the Bake Sale will interfere with her guest attendance, but she is excited to do a Cooking Show on Friday night. I suggested that we do a huge baking event at her show and she agreed. They would be doing 10 or more recipes, some in the microwave, some in the oven(s). And they could do lots of different things! She has a large, medium, and small sheet pans, 9" pie plate, rectangle baking pan, square baking pan, loaf pan, muffin pan, mini-muffin pan, 3 stackable cooling racks, flower sugar shaker, cookie press
Sheila
Gold Member
My host helps her hubby out with the Boy Scout troop. They are doing a Bake Sale on Saturday. She wants to do a Cooking Show on Friday night. I asked her if the Bake Sale on Saturday would interfere with her guest attendance since many of the people will be trying to bake for the Saturday sale. She didn't think so. I suggested that we just do a huge baking event at her show! Have everyone bring their ingredients and we can use my various stones and metal bakeware to get the job done! Of course it would go faster if the neighbors are attending & let us use their ovens too. :D

She's a bit hesitant & wants to ask the guests, but I think it's a GREAT idea! We'd be doing 10 or more recipes, some in the microwave, some in the oven(s).

And we could do lots of different things! I have: Large Round Stone, Rectangle Stone, Large Bar Pan, Deep Covered Baker, Stoneware Fluted Pan, Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan, Springform Pan, Cake Pan Set, Torte Pan Set, Cookie Sheet
Large, Medium and Small Sheet Pans, 9" Pie Plate (x2), Rectangle Baking Pan, Square Baking Pan, Loaf Pan (x2), Muffin Pan (x2), Mini-Muffin Pan, 3 Stackable Cooling Racks, Flower Sugar Shaker, Easy Accent Decorator, Cookie Press, Biscuit Cutters, Plenty of measuring cups, cutting boards, 2 large & 2 small batter bowls, the Stainless Mixing Bowl set, prep bowls, etc!

We'd even have the assembly line for covering the items with saran wrap to transport to the sale!

Has anybody ever taken on a project like this in lieu of a Cooking Show

sounds like fun to me! as I told my guests on Saturday morning--don't think of this as a demonstration, think of this as a get together with your girlfriends where we cook together. let us know how it turns out!

IF she goes for it! ;) She seems hesitant.

BUT, she's super excited about doing a PC fundrasier with the troop! :D

HOw did this turn out? What kinds of things did you make?

I've always heard about using the Tollhouse cookie dough in the mini muffin pans and once they're done, indent them with the tart shaper, then use the EAD to put the store brought frosting on top. Was this one you did? I don't know how long to bake them, so I've been searching around to see if it's posted anywhere. I saw your post and wanted to see how this went!! GREAT idea!

She didn't go for it. We did the Mexican Chicken Lasagna and Touchdown Taco Dip. She borrowed all my baking stuff and stayed up half the night working on her donations. But I booked 4 shows, one is a recruit lead AND she's the one who got my foot in the door for the 564 kid PTO fundraiser (plus staff), so I have no complaints! LOL

Sheila said:
She didn't go for it. We did the Mexican Chicken Lasagna and Touchdown Taco Dip. She borrowed all my baking stuff and stayed up half the night working on her donations. But I booked 4 shows, one is a recruit lead AND she's the one who got my foot in the door for the 564 kid PTO fundraiser (plus staff), so I have no complaints! LOL

Wow! That's awesome! I liked the idea I saw in the November Consultant News I just got...doing shows around the holidays and using it to make take-home gifts to use for gifts, hostess gifts for holiday parties, etc. They highlighted someone who said she has shows up 'til Dec 22nd just for this purpose so guests have freshly made delicious homemade treats. Seeing that reminded me of what you were hoping to do for the bake sale. Guests bring their own ingredients. I'm going to throw that out there to people.

I'm shocked that you got the Nov CN in Oct!!! LOLCan't wait to read more about it.

I know! I was so suprised to get it already!!

Sign me...jealous of Becky and Sheila!!! HA!! Sheila I love how you made this all turn out for you! Congrats!

1. How much should I charge for items at a bake sale?

A good rule of thumb is to charge 2-3 times the cost of ingredients. Take into account any additional expenses, such as packaging or decorations, when determining the final price.

2. Should I use different recipes for a bake sale versus a cooking show?

It's always a good idea to use simple, crowd-pleasing recipes for a bake sale. However, for a cooking show, you can be more creative and showcase more complex dishes.

3. How can I ensure the food stays fresh at a bake sale?

Proper packaging and storage are key to keeping baked goods fresh at a bake sale. Consider using airtight containers or wrapping items individually in plastic wrap. Keep the food out of direct sunlight and in a cool, dry place.

4. Is it better to make baked goods from scratch or use pre-made mixes for a bake sale?

It really depends on your preference and time constraints. Both options can yield delicious results. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully and use quality ingredients for the best taste.

5. How can I make my bake sale or cooking show more successful?

Promote your event ahead of time to attract more customers or attendees. Offer a variety of items at different price points to appeal to a wider audience. And most importantly, have fun and engage with your customers or audience to create a memorable experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktraceyk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pcthisandthat
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Kbader58
  • cheftiffany