• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking.com Selling Chip Maker!

In summary, the product is selling for different prices at different retailers, the slicer is not the same quality as the one included in the original purchase, and the product is not exclusive to Pampered Chef.
mspibb
Gold Member
Just got an email from Cooking.com titled "Easy Microwave chips" and check out this picture!View attachment 18319

Attachments

• 0110_microwave_04.jpg
    0110_microwave_04.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 526
Sur la table has the same thing, it isn't exclusive to us

QVC was selling a set that looked just like ours. It also came with a slicer. The slicer was not the same as ours; I believe QVCs only had one thickness.

Sur La Table is also selling this set. I contacted the solution center a while back and they told me that P/C decided to not sell the black slicer that everyone else is selling with this because it did not meet the high standard for P/C. Also, our set comes with 2 trays. And that this item was not exclusive to P/C.

Just like the food in the grocery store....do you think the generic "store" brand is actually made by the store? No. They buy the product from one of the other rands, usually the same companies making the "name brands" and they get their label slapped on it.PC works with vendors for their products. While many of our products seem to be unique to PC, just as many are not. Free market. What we have over QVC and those others would be the PC customer service.

$21.95 one tray & slicer, $25.95 for 2 trays. I read reviews and the slicer is apparently not very good!

Turns out there are several retail outlets selling the SAME EXACT product. The manufacture has private labled them to several different companies other than Pampered
Chef. The sets were suppose to retail for 39.95 with the one setting s/s, but the all of the retail outlets are selling the set for 24.95. Amazon even sold 3 trays & the s/s for 24.95, however they sold out of that deal in 1 hour of it going live. Be careful when selling this product. I've already encountered a customer who said that they brought the same exact thing from QVC for 1/2 the price of ours. The best we can do is stand on our garrantee and offer excelent customer service.

What is the "Cooking.com Selling Chip Maker!" and how does it work?

The "Cooking.com Selling Chip Maker!" is a product offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to easily make homemade chips at home. It works by slicing potatoes or vegetables into thin slices, placing them on the chip maker, and microwaving them until they are crispy.

Can I use the chip maker for other types of food besides potatoes?

Yes, the chip maker can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables such as apples, sweet potatoes, and zucchini. It can also be used to make crispy snacks like kale chips.

Is the chip maker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the chip maker is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the product.

How thick should I slice the potatoes or vegetables for the chip maker?

The chip maker works best with thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick. You can use a mandoline or a sharp knife to achieve the desired thickness.

Can I add seasoning or spices to the chips while they are cooking?

Yes, you can add seasoning or spices to the chips before or after cooking. We recommend tossing the sliced potatoes or vegetables in oil and seasoning before microwaving for even coating. You can also sprinkle additional seasoning on the chips after they are cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • nikked
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • minirottie