• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Start Your Own Cooking Club: Let Me Help You Get Started!

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of starting a cooking club as a theme show through Pampered Chef. The host would choose recipes and split guests into groups to make them, making it a hands-on experience. There is a suggestion to use a similar flyer from a pie or tart class as inspiration. Some participants question the benefits and logistics, but others share successful experiences with similar clubs. The discussion also includes sharing documents and tips for running a successful cooking club.
Erin M
i am a today show junkie and yesterday they were talking about the new in thing- cooking clubs. a bunch of friends get together once a week or once a month to socialize and cook. i was thinking about offering this as a theme show. have the host pick an appetizer, main dish, dessert, etc. probably three recipes, and split her guests into 3 groups to make each recipe. make it a hands on show. call it a "start your own cooking club", let me help you get started! its still in the works. im trying to come up with a flyer. ill let you know how it comes out.

There is a flyer on here that talks about a pie or tart class. Part of the fee for the class is products (pie plate or tart pan) and ingredients. You might want to see what that looks like and go from there. Good idea and good luck! Let us know how it works out!

Here is the flyer that I have...

Attachments

• A Cooking Club.doc
    14.5 KB · Views: 747
I am also a today show fanatic!! i love the idea of doing a cooking club. I know alot of people that are wanting to expand there cooking ideas and am also trying to find a way to help them....good luck!!

i finally finished my flyer:

Attachments

• cooking club.doc
    20 KB · Views: 628
Erin I have a question. So each time they meet each person has to order $30 worth of stuff? is that what you mean? So that the hostess gets the $150 mark free stuff right?

I have been doing this since January !! It's fantastic !! Only difference is that we don't meet each month....My ladies thought that would be too much !! So I just get their orders and send in the show !! I have it shipped to me and I deliver !! It's working out great !

I attached the flyer I handed out at my fall shows....has my cookie swap invite on it too....

Attachments

• club and cookie invite.doc
    193.5 KB · Views: 556
Heather - Hey from New Bern! Question on your Cooking Club - I think its an awesome idea and I know I could round up 6 people to participate, but I am just wondering, $25 apiece only equals $150, which is not much in benefits, so I don't see how that could generate much excitement from the participants each month. Am I not quite understanding?

I guess it would help if you got more than 6 people - however, that would stretch out the months are are they willing to wait?

Can you also post your form that you hand out and do you send an email reminder at the beginning of each month?

Thanks - great flyer and great idea. Cindy <><

Cindycooks said:
...$25 apiece only equals $150, which is not much in benefits, so I don't see how that could generate much excitement from the participants each month. Am I not quite understanding?

One of my downline has been doing this VERY successfully for a year, meeting EVERY month. Each "member" spends $25. The consultant "host coaches" the monthly host to invite other people (which gives her additional booking potentials) and collect outside orders. She has also started using the Pampered Chef Pool (attached). Her average "cooking club" show is probably around $500, with some that have been over $700.

If you leave it at the $150, they would at least get $15 in free stuff, and the monthly host bonus, so it is definitely better than nothing, but once the first host goes gang busters the others will want to follow suit!

Good luck!

Attachments

• mine Dear Hostess lotto.doc
    21 KB · Views: 593
  • mine pampered chef pool.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 629
Gotcha - thanks Nicole, I hadn't thought of the fact that they would know ahead who the host is and could get some outside orders. This $150 can then be thought of as a bonus to get them going!

And you are right - $15 Free and the Host Bonus is better than nothing!

tina- this is still in the works for me, but i was just planning on doing it as a theme type show. that way, if the host wants to continue, she can do it on her own. if the host or her friends want to keep booking monthly with me, that would be great!

erin

nikked said:
One of my downline has been doing this VERY successfully for a year, meeting EVERY month. Each "member" spends $25. The consultant "host coaches" the monthly host to invite other people (which gives her additional booking potentials) and collect outside orders. She has also started using the Pampered Chef Pool (attached). Her average "cooking club" show is probably around $500, with some that have been over $700.

If you leave it at the $150, they would at least get $15 in free stuff, and the monthly host bonus, so it is definitely better than nothing, but once the first host goes gang busters the others will want to follow suit!

Good luck!

Love these documents, thanks!

What is a cooking club and why should I start one?

A cooking club is a group of individuals who meet regularly to cook and share recipes together. Starting a cooking club can be a fun and social way to learn new recipes, improve your cooking skills, and make new friends.

How do I find members for my cooking club?

You can find members for your cooking club by reaching out to your friends, family, and colleagues who have an interest in cooking. You can also post about your cooking club on social media or advertise in local community groups.

What are some tips for running a successful cooking club?

Some tips for running a successful cooking club include setting a regular meeting schedule, having a variety of themes and dishes, and allowing members to take turns hosting or choosing recipes. It's also important to communicate effectively with your members and be open to suggestions and feedback.

Do I need to be a professional chef to start a cooking club?

No, you do not need to be a professional chef to start a cooking club. The purpose of a cooking club is to have fun and learn from each other, regardless of cooking experience. Everyone can contribute and learn something new.

What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help me start my cooking club?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help you start your cooking club. Our website has a section dedicated to cooking clubs, where you can find tips, recipes, and ideas for themes. We also offer exclusive discounts and perks for cooking club members. Additionally, our consultants are always available to provide support and guidance as you start your cooking club journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Brookeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ValerieHurtado
  • Roadtripray