• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Fun Cooking Class Ideas for a Local High School?

In summary, the local high school has asked me to do some cooking classes. These classes can be used two ways: I can get paid and also promote my computer business, which is not related to cooking. My question is what could you suggest? The coordinator suggested things like "guy cooking" "valentines", easter, mother day, appies, quick breads. I would love some suggestions and also if someone else has done something like this. I believe these are quick one night courses, although I could probably break it down into 2 or 3 nights too if there are other suggestions.
Lorna May
Gold Member
Wasn't sure where to post this thread, my local high school has asked me to do some cooking classes, this works for me two ways. One I get paid (needed) and two I can promote my pc business although it is not pc related per se. My question is what could you suggest. The coordinator suggested things like " guy cooking" "valentines", easter, mother day, appies, quick breads. I would love some suggestions and also if someone else has done something like this. I believe these are quick one night courses, although I could probably break it down into 2 or 3 nights too if there are other suggestions.
Lorna

I've never done this---although sounds exciting.

As far as for the Guys or Valentines day, I would suggest something out of the 29 mins or less cookbook. (You're going to get it done just as fast) and then you might have time to make a quick dessert. (And people won't get bored).

Maybe have a helper serve the entree while you are making the dessert.

Quick breads I dont think would work because of the time factor for baking, UNLESS you bake them ahead of time, and just demo the recipe (and bring the batter home to bake yourself a batch afterwards or something).

OR.....

I would have stations. One station is going to do an appetizer, one an entree, one a side dish, and one a dessert. I dont know how it would work in a HS...but its a thought.

HTH!

I have 6 stoves, sinks, counters and a demo counter with mirror so everyone can see. I also guess each class would be between 1 1/2 to 2 hours long.
Anyone else have some helpful tips or suggestions.
Lorna

bump, bumpity bump

I am so surprised, this is usually such an inspired group and no one appears to have any ideas that can help me. If your too shy to post here, please post me privately.

I think the station idea is great. I took a cooking class sort of like that. Then before serving each station had to talk about the recipe and how it was prepared. Then we ate the full course meal!

Sarah

Thanks Sarah, what did each station make? How many people were in each station. How much did you pay for your class.
Lorna

I have taken a number of cooking classes, and I really prefer to have some sort of a theme going. Try google to find cooking schools, and try copying some of their menu ideas - but perhaps simplify them a little, since you are new at this! Here are some ideas off the top of my head:
Entree Salads (each group of people makes a different one, then everyone shares at the end)
Margarita Madness (everything has lime or tequila in the recipe - great for marinading shrimp or chicken! Plus teach a fun drink recipe). Oh... wait... this is for a high school, right? Guess that won't work!!
Breakfast made Better - baked french toast, egg casserole, brunch squares, brown sugar baconI hope that helps!

Just saw this for the first time.

I like the breakfast idea above...every kid should learn how to make scrambled eggs, a simple french toast recipe...etc...

If you have enough bar pans you can teach them bacon in the oven. This will get the "PC" angle in there without even mentioning it.

By using small bar pans each kid can have a "sample" in class without spending too much money on food.

Saute pans can be used for scrambled eggs...

A dessert class would be good - just basic mixing, etc.
I remember learning to bake a cake in Jr. High

Check through PC Season's Best and do an appetizer class too...show them how easy it is to make something good...teach them about a few herbs like Cilantro - maybe make the Jamaican Jerk Nachos with them.

The Celebrate Cookbook has some good "Classic" recipes too.

Good luck!

1. What types of cooking classes does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of cooking classes, including in-person classes, virtual classes, and on-demand classes. We also offer specialized classes for different cuisines, cooking techniques, and dietary restrictions.

2. How long are the cooking classes?

The length of our cooking classes varies depending on the type of class. In-person classes typically last 2-3 hours, while virtual classes and on-demand classes may range from 1-2 hours. We also offer shorter mini classes for specific recipes or techniques.

3. Do I need to have any cooking experience to attend a Pampered Chef cooking class?

No prior cooking experience is necessary for our classes. Our instructors will guide you through each step and provide helpful tips along the way. Our classes are perfect for beginners and experienced cooks alike.

4. What is included in a cooking class?

Each cooking class includes all necessary ingredients and tools, as well as a recipe booklet for you to take home. Our in-person classes also include a meal or tasting of the dishes prepared during the class.

5. Can I host a cooking class with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! As a host, you can invite your friends and family to attend a cooking class in your own home or virtually. You will also have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products as a thank you for hosting. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jillbean
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
shawna_sue
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022