• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Someone Explain How Cooking Classes Can Be Profitable?

Each person will register several weeks before the class. They pay the reg. fee when they register. You order the products they will receive and turn it in as a show. Limit the amt. of people in the class but make sure the product value is $150 or above so it will qualify as a show. I put on my flier that the registration is non-refundable since you have invested product costs into it. You don't want cancellations after the registration deadline and then be stuck with products costs. I have not started this yet but have the idea. Has anyone else had any success with this?I have done cooking classes similar to the flyers posted here and
sOhSherri
Does anyone have a Cooking Class or Investment Flier they could post or email to me? Tia

Sherri

if someone has this to post, please do, I would like to see also :)

QuestionI have never heard of doing a cooking class...tell me how you do this. I sounds like it's like a kitchen show, but how do you get the kitchen tools for everyone to use? Do you get their money before hand, and then order the tools? Please let me know. This sounds like a great idea.

cooking classEach person will register several weeks before the class. They pay the reg. fee when they register. You order the products they will receive and turn it in as a show. Limit the amt. of people in the class but make sure the product value is $150 or above so it will qualify as a show. I put on my flier that the registration is non-refundable since you have invested product costs into it. You don't want cancellations after the registration deadline and then be stuck with products costs. I have not started this yet but have the idea. Has anyone else had any success with this?

I have done cooking classesI scheduled cooking classes similar to the flyers posted here and had lots of interest but no takers. :cool:

I then changed my approach. I offered cooking classes with different themes for $20. The participants received a $15 gift certificate for PC products of their choice and the $5 covered my expenses. I had more interest and a little more success with this. :rolleyes: From those I met at the classes I got several orders, 4 kitchen shows, a bridal show and a recruit lead. I also am asked often: "Are you the one who does the classes?" So I am also getting exposure!

Thanks so much for these ideas! I have posted flyers around town and left catalogs EVERYWHERE but no one has called. I would love to show someone how easy it is to make "pretty food" LOL. Where would you suggest I put the flyers up, or maybe in the local "Shopper's Guide" ?

At conference last year the LemonAide Lady was a speaker. She suggested that you leave cards with recipes, but leave out ONE KEY INGREDIENT and your info to call. That encourages them to call. It also helps if you put a picture to go with the recipe.

Cooking ClassHere are some great invites for hosting 2 types of cooking classes.

Attachments

• Cooking Show Eating Low Carb.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 976
  • Easy As Pie Cooking Class.doc
    23 KB · Views: 1,083
I attended "Taste of Home Cooking School" a couple of weeks ago (my first time) and was blown away that 1000+ spent $9/ticket to attend. The format was similar to a Kitchen Show, except she concentrated on food products and we concentrate on food tools. People who knew that I sold Pampered Chef even contacted me to see if we sold similar tools to the ones that were used at the event!

I approached my kitchen show today with a "cooking class" emphasis- I told them that they were so lucky to be a guest at a Pampered Chef Kitchen Show b/c they had a personal consultant walking them through the techniques & providing them tips for preparation, they could see the kitchen tools that they were interested in purchasing in ACTION, and they got to eat the results! Now, they can't get that kind of attention at Bed, Bath & Beyond or Wal-Mart!

At first, I was worried b/c the host had only 3 guests there (even though 12 said they were coming!)....regardless, I think that my approach worked b/c I ended up with $418 comm sales just from those 3 guests and 3 bookings! woohoo!

Tip: read up on product uses & recipe tips! The info from the PC website and this forum helped me sound professional and knowledgeable.

maria

Request more details on cooking classes logistics
cheflorilynne said:
Here are some great invites for hosting 2 types of cooking classes.

Help me understand how these cooking class work. If the guest is paying $50 to come and then they also receive a $50 coupon to buy products, how does one make any money? I assume that their purchases must be over $100 or more to use the coupon, otherwise you start to lose money considering you have to buy the ingredients for the class, etc.

Also, I noticed you need certain tools to prepare the recipes that will end up costing more than the price of the event....

Any information you can share will much appreciated!!

1. What is a cooking class flier?

A cooking class flier is a promotional tool used by Pampered Chef to advertise upcoming cooking classes. It typically includes important details such as the date, time, location, and theme of the class, as well as any special offers or discounts.

2. How can I get a cooking class flier?

You can get a cooking class flier by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by visiting the Pampered Chef website. You can also sign up for email notifications to receive fliers directly to your inbox.

3. Can I bring a friend to a cooking class advertised on a flier?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a friend to any Pampered Chef cooking class. Just make sure to let your consultant know ahead of time so they can plan accordingly.

4. Are there any fees associated with attending a cooking class listed on a flier?

In most cases, there is no fee to attend a Pampered Chef cooking class. However, some classes may have a small materials fee to cover the cost of ingredients or supplies. This will be clearly stated on the flier.

5. Can I host my own cooking class using a flier?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants are always looking for hosts to help them organize and promote their cooking classes. If you are interested in hosting a class, simply reach out to your consultant and they will provide you with a flier to share with your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchefinski
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies