• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking challenged consultant!

bridgetbakes

Mar 29, 2006
I am sure this MUST be a stupid question but can someone tell me, is there some trick to working with refrigerated pizza dough? I have tried 3 different times now using it on my pizza stone and it always "springs back." I have tried using more flour and have tried taking it out of the fridge a few hours before using but get the same results....a messy blob.

Anyone got any pointers for this challenged PC newbie? HELP!

ChefMommyinOC

Mar 7, 2006
Me too!

bklofft said:
I am sure this MUST be a stupid question but can someone tell me, is there some trick to working with refrigerated pizza dough? I have tried 3 different times now using it on my pizza stone and it always "springs back." I have tried using more flour and have tried taking it out of the fridge a few hour before using but get the same results....a messy blob.

Anyone got any pointers for this challenged PC newbie? HELP!

I seem to always have this problem too. I have not yet mastered the 'tube' dough, however I've found that Trader Joe's (www.traderjoes.com) has 'bag' dough, in a ball and ready to be rolled out. I've found that this is around the same cost as 'tube' dough, and much easier to work with. If you don't have a TJ's around, contact them and request one! My mom put in a suggestion to have one in her town, and they built one about 6 months later just 10 blocks from her house! Good luck!

Gina M

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2006
When I use refrigerated pizza dough, often times I will make it on the Stoneware Bar Pan and I don't take it out of the fridge until I'm ready to use it as it seems to get too soft. You can unroll it and use the baker's roller and it rolls right out and I don't even have to use flour either. Hope this helps!:)

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

ChefNic

Veteran Member
Jun 22, 2005
if you stretch it , it will shrink or ' spring back'
if you roll it with the baker's roller it won't do that.
HTH