• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Cookies on the Bar Pan: Tips and Tricks for Using Stoneware

In summary, a group of people discuss their experiences cooking cookies on a large bar pan. One person used a Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix from Betty Crocker and followed the instructions on the package, while another person cooked their cookies longer than recommended. They also discuss using parchment paper for easier clean up and the importance of using a flat stone for even cooking. They suggest adding a few extra minutes when using stoneware and using parchment for cookies that may stick. They also mention that subsequent batches will not need extra cooking time.
emiscookin
Hey everyone~

I decided to cook some cookies on my large bar pan. :)

I bought the packet of Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix from Betty Crocker. Added the ingredients and mixed it up. Then I spooned out the cookie dough (using our small scoop which I LOVE!) onto the bar pan. Since the pan is brand new and not seasoned, I was told by my Director to baste a little bit of oil onto the stone when I cook something on it for a little while, until it becomes seasoned.

So the oven is heated up and I check on the package to see how long to cook the cookies. It said: "Cookie Sheet; Shiny Metal: 8-10 mins" or "Cookie sheet; Dark or Nonstick: 7-9 minutes." I thought, "Hmm...which one applies to the Stoneware?" If it was seasoned I would've thought to cook it by the Nonstick cookie sheet time, but since I didn't know I cooked it for the 8-10 minutes because in the past that is how long I would cook cookies (when they asked to cook it for 13 or 15 mins) because I like my cookies to be a little gooey.

Ten minutes later the cookies looked cooked so I took the bar pan out of the oven. I know the stoneware retains heat (which is awesome! Fresh out of the oven cookies for even 20 mins after you take them out of the oven! :D) but when I tried to scoop a cookie out, it was VERY gooey on the inside! More than I like it to be. So...I popped it in the oven for another 3 mins or so. It got more fully cooked, but is still a little gooey and hard to get off the pan. :confused:

Do I need to just wait for the stoneware to cool down completely? Also, in the future, which category does the stoneware bar pan fall under? The "Shiny Metal" or the "Dark or Nonstick?"

You'll need to cook them longer. Cookies are best cooked on a flat stone so the air can circulate and cook them evenly.

I don't know if this is an official answer, but I know I always cook way longer than I feel like I should. I am not good at following a recipe, so I can't compare to what the package says, I just know tat the cookies I made with the small scoop needed to cook for 11 min.

lesliec said:
I don't know if this is an official answer, but I know I always cook way longer than I feel like I should. I am not good at following a recipe, so I can't compare to what the package says, I just know tat the cookies I made with the small scoop needed to cook for 11 min.

Interesting....

Alrighty. :)

Or maybe the recipe just sucks!! Lol! ;)

It takes a bit longer for the stoneware to heat, so you'll need to add some time depending on the size of the cookies. Plus, a bar pan will take longer than a flat stone. The air doesn't circulate around the cookies in the same way on a pan with sides.

raebates said:
It takes a bit longer for the stoneware to heat, so you'll need to add some time depending on the size of the cookies. Plus, a bar pan will take longer than a flat stone. The air doesn't circulate around the cookies in the same way on a pan with sides.

Good point. I didn't think of it that way. Thanks Rae! ;)

Important to note - the first batch will have to bake for a longer time, but subsequent batches, when cooked on an already heated stone, won't take any longer than what the instructions say.

I always bake my cookies on parchment - then I can slide one batch off and another batch on, and keep going quickly. You only need 2 sheets of parchment, because it can be reused.

ChefBeckyD said:
Important to note - the first batch will have to bake for a longer time, but subsequent batches, when cooked on an already heated stone, won't take any longer than what the instructions say.

I always bake my cookies on parchment - then I can slide one batch off and another batch on, and keep going quickly. You only need 2 sheets of parchment, because it can be reused.

Good idea! Thanks! :)

What Becky Said! I always cook the first batch for an extra 2 minutes. I do not always use Parchment. It depends on the cookie. I like how chocolate chip and oatmeal season the stone. Cut out cookies definitely go on parchment. The others depend on how much clean up I want. :)

For any recipe with a low cooking time, you always want to add a few minutes!

1. How do I prevent cookies from sticking to the bar pan?

To prevent cookies from sticking to the bar pan, make sure to lightly spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray or use a parchment paper liner before placing the cookie dough on the pan.

2. Can I use the bar pan to bake any type of cookie?

Yes, the bar pan is versatile and can be used to bake a variety of cookies. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature according to your specific cookie recipe.

3. Do I need to grease the bar pan before baking cookies?

While greasing the bar pan can help prevent sticking, it is not always necessary. You can use a non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper to line the pan instead.

4. How do I clean the bar pan after baking cookies?

The bar pan is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to maintain its non-stick surface. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads which can damage the pan.

5. How many cookies can I bake on the bar pan at once?

The number of cookies that can be baked on the bar pan depends on the size of the cookies and the spacing between them. It is recommended to leave about 1-2 inches of space between each cookie to allow for even baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • Liquid Sky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • Dotty