• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Hot Stone on Parchment Paper for Baking Cookies?

We are leaving SOON - cross your fingers!!! My director said disk #5 and the tree shape and the daisy shapes are the easiest to use by the way
its_me_susan
Help - I'm going to be baking cookies at a show tomorrow. I was told that the stone needs to be cold.... but I can press the cookies into the parchment paper. If it's on parchment paper, will it be ok to use a hot out of the oven stone?

:)

Yep, press the cookies just on the parchment paper while the first batch is in the oven (you can just put the first batch right on the stone). It saves time because you can press everything out while the first batch is baking. Then once you get the first cookies off the stone. you can just slide the parchment paper right onto the stone with the cookies already pressed on it. This works fine if the stone is still hot/warm.

When you're pressing on parchment paper, you need to kind of hold the paper down when you life up the cookie press. That way you have a better chance of the cookie dough staying on the paper. Have you practiced with the cookie press yet? It takes a little getting used to and some of the disks are easier than others. Those are the ones I'd definitely recommend!! Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

pamperedbecky said:
Yep, press the cookies just on the parchment paper while the first batch is in the oven (you can just put the first batch right on the stone). It saves time because you can press everything out while the first batch is baking. Then once you get the first cookies off the stone. you can just slide the parchment paper right onto the stone with the cookies already pressed on it. This works fine if the stone is still hot/warm.

When you're pressing on parchment paper, you need to kind of hold the paper down when you life up the cookie press. That way you have a better chance of the cookie dough staying on the paper. Have you practiced with the cookie press yet? It takes a little getting used to and some of the disks are easier than others. Those are the ones I'd definitely recommend!! Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

Which are the easier disks please!!! I practice at my cluster meeting last Tuesday - - found my problem is I forgot to "wait" a second to let the cookie settle. I used to lightly scrape them off.

How did the show go? Did the cookes behave? I would love to try that at one of my shows!

AJPratt said:
How did the show go? Did the cookes behave? I would love to try that at one of my shows!

We are leaving SOON - cross your fingers!!! My director said disk #5 and the tree shape and the daisy shapes are the easiest to use by the way

Good luck! I want to hear all about it!!

1. What are Cookies on Stones?

Cookies on Stones are a popular baking technique that involves using a baking stone to make perfectly crispy and evenly baked cookies.

2. How do I use a baking stone for cookies?

To use a baking stone for cookies, simply preheat your stone in the oven for about 20 minutes before placing your cookie dough on top. Then, bake your cookies as you normally would. The stone will help distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly baked cookies.

3. Do I need to grease the baking stone before using it for cookies?

No, you do not need to grease the baking stone before using it for cookies. The porous surface of the stone helps prevent sticking, so there is no need for additional grease or oil.

4. Can I use a baking stone for all types of cookies?

While baking stones are great for most types of cookies, they may not be ideal for thin, delicate cookies that require a quicker bake time. It is best to stick to thicker, chewier cookie recipes when using a baking stone.

5. How do I clean my baking stone after using it for cookies?

To clean your baking stone after using it for cookies, simply let it cool completely before scraping off any excess debris. You can also use a damp cloth to wipe it down. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as it can affect the taste of your next batch of cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • pamperedkel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedkel
Replies