1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cookies on Stones - Questions

1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Help - I'm going to be baking cookies at a show tomorrow. I was told that the stone needs to be cold.... but I can press the cookies into the parchment paper. If it's on parchment paper, will it be ok to use a hot out of the oven stone?

:)

Oct 15, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Yep, press the cookies just on the parchment paper while the first batch is in the oven (you can just put the first batch right on the stone). It saves time because you can press everything out while the first batch is baking. Then once you get the first cookies off the stone. you can just slide the parchment paper right onto the stone with the cookies already pressed on it. This works fine if the stone is still hot/warm.

When you're pressing on parchment paper, you need to kind of hold the paper down when you life up the cookie press. That way you have a better chance of the cookie dough staying on the paper. Have you practiced with the cookie press yet? It takes a little getting used to and some of the disks are easier than others. Those are the ones I'd definitely recommend!! Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

Oct 15, 2005
  3. its_me_susan

Which are the easier disks please!!! I practice at my cluster meeting last Tuesday - - found my problem is I forgot to "wait" a second to let the cookie settle. I used to lightly scrape them off.

Oct 15, 2005
  4. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

How did the show go? Did the cookes behave? I would love to try that at one of my shows!

Oct 15, 2005
  5. its_me_susan

We are leaving SOON - cross your fingers!!! My director said disk #5 and the tree shape and the daisy shapes are the easiest to use by the way

Oct 16, 2005
  6. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Good luck! I want to hear all about it!!

Oct 16, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted