• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookies Burning on Seasoned Bar Pan

In summary, Shari's customer's bar pan is dark and seasoned, but she's noticing that some items in the pan are starting to burn. She doesn't know what's going on, but thinks it might be an oven issue. She's trying to find out when this is happening and how to fix it.
Shari in TX
Gold Member
I received the following message from a customer and I don't know how to answer her:
I have a large bar stoneware pan that is dark (almost black) and very seasoned. Some of the things I'm baking in it (like cookies that have coconut oil un them) are almost burning in the bottom. That's a new thing. It's never done that before. Any ideas what's going on?​
My bar pans are not that seasoned, but I've never had a problem with them. My first thought was to have her to a baking soda/water scrub just in case some of the "black" is not seasoning, but actually something else. But I really don't know.Any suggestions for me to pass on to her? Does anyone here cook with coconut oil and would that make a difference in how the cookies cook?Thanks!Shari in TX

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry you haven't received any responses thus far. Do you have any additional information or can you rephrase your post to make it clearer?

I have never heard of this. I would call home office and talk to the products question dept.
Forget the official name. They might be able to shed some light.
We'd love to hear what they say.

Have her turn the oven down, and move the pan away from the bottom heating element. Many times I lower the temp by 25 degrees when making cookies, especially for the 2nd and 3rd tray that goes in after the initial one is cooked. My hunch is it's not a product issue but an oven issue.

Thank you for your responses. I wrote her back to ask her when it was happening and she said sometimes on the first batch, other times on subsequent batches. I thought Scott was probably right about it being some sort of oven issue and mentioned to her that her oven may not be calibrated correctly. She said it was 22-year-old oven so that was very possible and she would try to put a thermometer of some sort in there to test the actual temperature.I did offer to call HO for her or give her information to call and ask the question herself since she would better be able to answer any follow-up questions, but she didn't think that was necessary. She said she would keep me posted on what she found so I could use that information to help anyone else who had this issue in the future.Shari in TX

1. Why do my cookies burn on the seasoned bar pan?

There are a few potential reasons for this. One possibility is that the pan is too hot. Be sure to preheat the pan according to the recipe's instructions, but also keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get too hot. Another possibility is that the cookies are too thin or spread too much, causing them to cook faster. You can try adjusting the size of your cookies or using a different recipe. Additionally, the type of cookie dough you use can affect how they cook on the pan, so be sure to use a recipe specifically designed for bar pans.

2. How do I prevent my cookies from burning on the seasoned bar pan?

To prevent burning, be sure to properly preheat the pan and keep an eye on the cookies while they are baking. If you notice that your cookies are browning too quickly, you can try lowering the oven temperature slightly or reducing the baking time. You can also try using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper on the pan to provide a barrier between the cookies and the pan.

3. Can I use the seasoned bar pan for all types of cookies?

While the seasoned bar pan is great for many types of cookies, it may not be suitable for all recipes. Cookies that need to spread a lot or require a different type of pan (such as a flat baking sheet) may not work well on the bar pan. It's always best to use a recipe that specifically calls for using a bar pan for best results.

4. Do I need to season the bar pan before using it for cookies?

No, the seasoned bar pan is already pre-seasoned and ready to use. It's important to note that you should not use any cooking sprays or oils on the pan, as this can damage the non-stick coating. Simply place your cookie dough directly on the pan and bake according to the recipe's instructions.

5. Can I put the seasoned bar pan in the dishwasher?

While the seasoned bar pan is dishwasher safe, it's best to wash it by hand with warm, soapy water. This will help preserve the non-stick coating and ensure the longevity of your pan. If you do choose to put it in the dishwasher, be sure to use a gentle cycle and avoid using harsh detergents or scrubbing pads that can damage the surface of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Renee Anderson
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
nikked
  • kewaters
  • Products and Tips
Replies