1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cookie Sheets

1. Does the PC sell these :confused: ? I didn't see them on the website.
    Thanks!

Oct 13, 2005
  2. plichte

plichte Member

Stoneware!

Stoneware duals as your cookie sheet! The stone bar pan, rectangle stone and round pizza stones all work great as a cookie sheet. The results of making your cookies on stoneware are way awesome!

Oct 13, 2005
  3. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

I very rarely use anything except the bar pan as my cookie sheet. Every now and then the rectangle.

Oct 13, 2005
  4. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I threw out all my metal sheets years ago. I only use stoneware.

Oct 13, 2005
  5. Stoneware...

Thanks for the responses! Are these machine washable or hand-clean only?

Oct 13, 2005
  6. pcjulie

pcjulie Member

Cleaning Stoneware

Only clean stoneware with a scraper (that comes with the stones) or dishcloth under hot water. Do not use soap! I have heard of people who put theirs in the dishwasher, but I don't recommend it to my guests or do it myself. The hot water cleans the stoneware and will kill germs.

As for baking cookies, I thought I heard on one of the product info. CDs about the Stoneware that cookies should be baked on the flat stones for the best result. Am I crazy or did anyone else hear that information somewhere as well?

Julie Myers
    Independent Kitchen Consultant
    Denver, PA

Oct 13, 2005
  7. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Hand clean only. There's actually pretty specific cleaning instructions, but they are spelled out in the Use and Care Card that comes in all products. They all come with a small square nylon "scraper" that you scrape off the residue with under hot water. Because they're very slightly porous and get "seasoned" the more you use them, you don't want to use soap because soap adheres to the oil that seasons the pan.

If you have any specific questions that we can answer here, feel free to post them or contact me via email. Hope that info helps!!

Oct 13, 2005
  8. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

I read or heard this somewhere also - with the flat stone cookies will cook more evenly. With the bar pans, cookies near the sides will cook more because of the heat from the sides of the pan

Oct 14, 2005
  9. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Do the cookies stick when the stone is new? If I use parchment paper, will my stone still season? I heard the 1st batch might take longer to cook, then the rest will be good to go at the recommended time. Any other tips on cookie baking for a new stone user/lover?

Oct 14, 2005
  10. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Use the Kitchen Spritzer

with Veggie oil to spray your stone the first couple of times. I have not tried using parchment paper, but I would think that would prevent the oils in the cookies or whatever from starting the seasoning process.

Oct 14, 2005
Have something to add?