• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes to Try | Join Our Cookie Recipe Exchange!

In summary, Sandra Lee from Food TV offers a variety of cookie recipes that can be made with cake mix.
TinasKitchen
I dont know if this has been started or not, but how about posting your favorite Christmas (or seasonal) cookie recipe. Those of us that would like to try new cookies will have some new recipes to try.

I'm at work so of course I do not have mine with me but I will post one that I make w/ Andes candies when I get home. They were big hit.

Sounds like a great idea! I will post a recipe soon. Also, you can go to www.foodnetwork.com and sign up for their 12 days of cookies Newsletter. They send out a different cookie recipe each day beginning Dec 1 for the next twelve days. I love getting that!!!

Thanks JR. I believe I am signed up for that! lol But sometimes I like to know if a recipe tastes really good. lol

Too funny!I was checking CS one more time before making MY favorite holiday cookies, from an old Betty Crocker cookbook.

I can't wait to see what others share!

Attachments

• Gingersnaps from Betty Crocker.doc
    20 KB · Views: 276
These are a favorite around my house!

SNICKERDOODLES

1 ½ cup sugar
½ cup margarine, softened
½ cup shortening
2 eggs
2 ¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix sugar, margarine, shortening and eggs. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Shape into balls. Roll in a mixture of 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.

ohhhhhhh Tina's gonna give up the secret!!!! WHOOOO HOOO, my family loves when she makes those...

I have the 12 days of Cookies coming to me.... they look ok... nothing I'm drooling over yet.

Day 1 Black and White Tie
Day 2 Almond Shortbreads
Day 3 Chocolate Chip
Day 4 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Biscotti

Last edited:
Does anybody out there have cookie recipes make with cake mixes??

lkspeir said:
Does anybody out there have cookie recipes make with cake mixes??

Check out Sandra Lee, she's on Food TV. I have seen her make cookies with cake mixes. I think her show is Simply Homemade????

These are really yummy.

Pecan Pie Squares
1 pkg Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
½ cup butter, melted
4 eggs
½ cup golden corn syrup
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ tsp vanilla
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
Combine cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute. Reserve 2/3 cup of mixture for top. Press rest in greased 13” x 9” cake pan. Bake at 325 F for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Beat 3 eggs , reserved cake mix mixture, corn syrup, sugar and vanilla on low speed to mix, about 1 minute, or until smoothly blended. Stir in pecans. Pour evenly over base. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until set.

cookies made with a cake mixthese are great with your cookie press

1 dry cake mix (white,yellow,lemon)
4 sticks of butter
2 2/3 C flour

melt 4 sticks in classic batter bowl. one minute in the microwave
electric hand mix till creamy yellow
add dry cake mix all at once
electric hand mix well
add one cup of flour
electric hand mix well
add one cup of flour
electric hand mix will
add 3/4 cup flour
electric hand mix well

put into cookie press, fill completely
press onto cold stone

350 for 15-20 minutes till golden
makes 8 dozen

consider drizzling melted chocolate almond bark in a snipped freezer bag over cookie on parchment paper. consider chopped toasted almonds or pecans, and sprinkling on top of chocolate before it sets up.
just have fun with them

1. What are some popular cookie recipes to try for Christmas?

Some popular cookie recipes to try for Christmas include gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate peppermint cookies, thumbprint cookies, and snickerdoodles.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in the cookie recipes?

Yes, you can always substitute ingredients in cookie recipes to fit your dietary needs or preferences. You can use alternative flours, dairy-free options, or different types of sweeteners.

3. Can I freeze the cookie dough ahead of time?

Yes, you can freeze cookie dough ahead of time and bake them later. Just make sure to wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap or an airtight container before freezing.

4. How can I make my cookies look festive for Christmas?

You can make your cookies look festive for Christmas by using holiday-themed cookie cutters, decorating them with icing and sprinkles, or adding food coloring to the dough.

5. Can I add nuts or dried fruits to the cookie recipes?

Yes, you can add nuts or dried fruits to the cookie recipes to add more flavor and texture. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces and evenly distribute them in the dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • jchesley
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • Kitchen Diva