• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press Troubleshooting: Advice Needed!

In summary, this customer is having trouble with the cookie press and is looking for advice. The first suggestion is to try a different recipe, and the second suggestion is to try pressing the cookies onto parchment paper before putting them on the stone.
pamperedtiffani
I have a customer who said she has the cookie press and is not pleased with how it turns out. She says the cookie does not sperate from the press and she has used the pampered chef recipe that came witht eh press.

Does anyone have any tips for my customer? She was wondering if the cookie dough should be a certain temperature or if anyone else has had this problem.

SInce I don't have one myself, I can't test it.

I would greatly appreciate any advice :p

Tell your customer that I had the same problem:eek: :eek: Put it back in the box & NEVER opened it again:eek: :eek: :eek:

Unless someone here gives you a magic solution, my advice would be to tell her we have the best customer satisfaction guarantee, and she can send it back. I have never had any luck with that THING! And I would not have an unhappy customer over it!!
dj

I AM sooooooooo glad its not just me.......TYTYTYTY:D :D :D

Wait!!!!!Don't tell her to give up yet. Here are some recipes that are supposed to work great with the press. I haven't tried them yet myself, but these were posted once before when some consultants were complaining about the press. Have her try these first!!

Attachments

• COOKIE PRESS CAKE MIX COOKIES.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 341
  • Cookie Press Recipes.doc
    29 KB · Views: 322
I dont have the cookie press but my dirctor said to take the flour and stir it with the whisk then scoop it into the cup and not mash it she showed us just scooping out of the container and the stirring way and when you just scoop out the flour it makes it heavier HTH

I have one, I have noticed if you have chilled dough it works a lot better, and lift straight up. There is a recipe in delightful desserts I believe for peanut butter blossoms. Basically it is refrig. sugar cookie dough and a half cup or whole can't remember of crmy peanut butter mix and press, when cookies are done put hershy kiss in middle. Everyone is always impressed, and I love them!

pamperedtiffani said:
I have a customer who said she has the cookie press and is not pleased with how it turns out. She says the cookie does not sperate from the press and she has used the pampered chef recipe that came witht eh press.

Does anyone have any tips for my customer? She was wondering if the cookie dough should be a certain temperature or if anyone else has had this problem.

SInce I don't have one myself, I can't test it.

I would greatly appreciate any advice :p

Tell her to click then PAUSE a second to give the cookie a chance to adhere to the stone. :) LOVE my cookie press.

pamperedalf said:
I have one, I have noticed if you have chilled dough it works a lot better, and lift straight up. There is a recipe in delightful desserts I believe for peanut butter blossoms. Basically it is refrig. sugar cookie dough and a half cup or whole can't remember of crmy peanut butter mix and press, when cookies are done put hershy kiss in middle. Everyone is always impressed, and I love them!

It is just 1/2 cup of peanut butter. I couldn't remember that either once when I made them. Used a whole cup and cookies were a mess!!
But, when I make them right, they look great and everyone eats them up!!

I learned another trick on this site, press the cookies onto parchment paper, so when the stone comes out of the oven, you are not trying to press the cookies (which melt quickly) on the the hot stone. Just transfer the sheet of parchment paper onto the stone, and right back into the oven!

I have heard that if the dough is too sticky to add a little bit of flour to it, to keep it from sticking to the press.

you guys are great! I appreciate your stories of struggle and your knowledgable advice.

This customer bought the press from someone else a while ago, so I wouldn't want to tell her to call customer servie - I have no idea how long she has had it.

I will pass along these suggestions... thank you!!!:)

1. Why isn't my cookie press working?

There could be a few reasons why your cookie press is not working. First, make sure that all of the pieces are securely attached and that there is no batter or dough stuck inside the press. Also, check the consistency of your dough - if it is too thick or too thin, it may not work properly. Finally, make sure you are using the correct discs for the type of cookies you are trying to make.

2. How can I prevent my cookie dough from getting stuck in the press?

To prevent your dough from getting stuck in the press, make sure it is at room temperature and not too cold or too warm. You can also lightly dust the dough with flour before placing it in the press. Additionally, try using a non-stick spray on the inside of the press before filling it with dough.

3. My cookies are not coming out in the shape I want. What am I doing wrong?

If your cookies are not coming out in the desired shape, check to see if the disc is properly inserted and secured in the press. Also, make sure you are using the correct disc for the type of cookie you are trying to make. If the dough is too soft, it may not hold its shape when pressed, so try refrigerating it for a few minutes before using the press.

4. How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

To clean your cookie press, disassemble it and wash all of the pieces with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before reassembling. If the discs are difficult to clean, soak them in warm soapy water for a few minutes before washing. To maintain your cookie press, lubricate the plunger and the discs with a small amount of vegetable oil before use.

5. Can I use my cookie press for anything other than cookies?

While cookie presses are primarily designed for making cookies, they can also be used to make other types of treats such as cheese straws or churros. You can also use them to decorate cakes or cupcakes with frosting. Just make sure to use the appropriate disc for the desired shape or design.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lbalks
  • Products and Tips
Replies