• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie press

Jan 4, 2006
I have a customer who said she has the cookie press and is not pleased with how it turns out. She says the cookie does not sperate from the press and she has used the pampered chef recipe that came witht eh press.

Does anyone have any tips for my customer? She was wondering if the cookie dough should be a certain temperature or if anyone else has had this problem.

SInce I don't have one myself, I can't test it.

I would greatly appreciate any advice :p

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
Tell your customer that I had the same problem:eek: :eek: Put it back in the box & NEVER opened it again:eek: :eek: :eek:

pjpamchef

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2005
Unless someone here gives you a magic solution, my advice would be to tell her we have the best customer satisfaction guarantee, and she can send it back. I have never had any luck with that THING! And I would not have an unhappy customer over it!!
dj

jenniferlynne

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2005
Wait!!!!!

Don't tell her to give up yet. Here are some recipes that are supposed to work great with the press. I haven't tried them yet myself, but these were posted once before when some consultants were complaining about the press. Have her try these first!!

Attachments

• COOKIE PRESS CAKE MIX COOKIES.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Cookie Press Recipes.doc
    29 KB · Views: 252

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
I dont have the cookie press but my dirctor said to take the flour and stir it with the whisk then scoop it into the cup and not mash it she showed us just scooping out of the container and the stirring way and when you just scoop out the flour it makes it heavier HTH

pamperedalf

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2005
I have one, I have noticed if you have chilled dough it works a lot better, and lift straight up. There is a recipe in delightful desserts I believe for peanut butter blossoms. Basically it is refrig. sugar cookie dough and a half cup or whole can't remember of crmy peanut butter mix and press, when cookies are done put hershy kiss in middle. Everyone is always impressed, and I love them!

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
pamperedtiffani said:
I have a customer who said she has the cookie press and is not pleased with how it turns out. She says the cookie does not sperate from the press and she has used the pampered chef recipe that came witht eh press.

Does anyone have any tips for my customer? She was wondering if the cookie dough should be a certain temperature or if anyone else has had this problem.

SInce I don't have one myself, I can't test it.

I would greatly appreciate any advice :p

Tell her to click then PAUSE a second to give the cookie a chance to adhere to the stone. :) LOVE my cookie press.

jenniferlynne

Veteran Member
Jun 29, 2005
pamperedalf said:
I have one, I have noticed if you have chilled dough it works a lot better, and lift straight up. There is a recipe in delightful desserts I believe for peanut butter blossoms. Basically it is refrig. sugar cookie dough and a half cup or whole can't remember of crmy peanut butter mix and press, when cookies are done put hershy kiss in middle. Everyone is always impressed, and I love them!

It is just 1/2 cup of peanut butter. I couldn't remember that either once when I made them. Used a whole cup and cookies were a mess!!
But, when I make them right, they look great and everyone eats them up!!

Sk8Mom209

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
I learned another trick on this site, press the cookies onto parchment paper, so when the stone comes out of the oven, you are not trying to press the cookies (which melt quickly) on the the hot stone. Just transfer the sheet of parchment paper onto the stone, and right back into the oven!

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
I have heard that if the dough is too sticky to add a little bit of flour to it, to keep it from sticking to the press.

Jan 4, 2006
you guys are great! I appreciate your stories of struggle and your knowledgable advice.

This customer bought the press from someone else a while ago, so I wouldn't want to tell her to call customer servie - I have no idea how long she has had it.

I will pass along these suggestions... thank you!!!:)