• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Buy the New Cookie Press? Potato Ricing Explained

I don't think it's worth it to get the new one if you already have the old one. The new one has a better plunger mechanism, which may be more efficient, but it also has a metal disk instead of plastic, which some people may prefer. The new design is also easier to grip and use, which is something that may be important to some people.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I never owned the previous cookie press but thought with the fact that I can get it half price on the open stock pieces that I may order it. For those who have used the old one do you think it's worth it to get the new one? What exactly is potato ricing?

One thing I didn't like about the old one was if a customer asked me about it I didn't have any answers for them!

Potato ricing is pressing cooked potatoes through small holes so that they're almost as smooth as whipped potatoes. If your family likes its mashed potatoes with no lumps at all, ricing is the way to go.I love the control of the turned handle as apposed to the ratcheted trigger handle. I also like that the disks are metal instead of plastic. I can see this being a hit in my area.

I loved the idea of the old one- but it didn't work all that great. I've had mine for over two years, and it literally pooped out on me after my 1 year warranty expired. bleh. the plunger mechanisim doesn't dispense the correct amount of dough, and I always had to practice with it to get the right amount out with the trigger. AND then the cookies would burn, because inevtiable they were too thin in spots. I NEVER had butterfly or pumpkin shaped cookies work. SO I am very excited about a new design and yes I'm buying it.

Me too! It looks so much better! We have the old one and it was always a question of "holding your mouth right" to get them to work!

I have a customer tonight that has arthritis. She loves the old cookie press and is worried she won't like the new one. She can't twist (like the new one), and is thinking about buying the one we have now. Not sure how to respond or what to recommend... your thoughts?

I don't have the new one yet and haven't used it- if she really likes it yep I'd tell her to get another one, you can't be positive it will surface in the outlet!!

Can she squeeze? Many people with arthritic hands can't squeeze the trigger on the current cookie press. I've also found the current press to be a little temperamental. Additionally, some shapes seem to need a squeeze and a half, which makes it even trickier to use. (Can you tell that I'm overjoyed they redesigned it?)

She said she can squeeze but has trouble with turning (or twisting). It sounds like in her situation, she may want to buy the old one. I told her she can try the new one at the next party, but she's worried she won't like it and will miss out on getting the old one. She owns the old one, but wants a back up - :)

Can she wait till August so she can try your new one? Then if she doesn't like it, she can still order the current one?

If they're all sold out (which I doubt) then I'd be happy to part with my gently-used one dirt cheap!I have fielded complaints about this item, returned one for a customer and haven't much liked mine much either. I am not sure about getting one (toying with it b/c if I do need one for a show, anyone who has one is a good 20 miles away) but I would like to know how the other one works. Potato ricing sounds like a lot of hassle ... why not just turn on the good old fashioned hand mixer?

Whipped potatoes (made with a mixer) have a different texture than riced potatoes, which are different than mashed potatoes. It just depends on what you like. Many people put their potatoes through a ricer. They're hard to find now, though.

1. Should I buy the new cookie press from Pampered Chef?

It depends on your personal needs and preferences. The new cookie press from Pampered Chef offers a variety of features and designs that may make it a great addition to your kitchen. Consider if you frequently make cookies or other baked goods that require a press and if the features of the new cookie press would be useful to you.

2. What are the benefits of the new cookie press?

The new cookie press from Pampered Chef has a variety of benefits, including interchangeable disks for different cookie shapes, an easy-to-use design, and a comfortable grip. It also comes with a recipe book and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. How does potato ricing work?

Potato ricing is a process of pressing cooked potatoes through small holes to create a fine and fluffy texture. This can be achieved with a potato ricer, which is a kitchen tool that looks like a large garlic press. The ricer forces the potatoes through small holes, resulting in light and airy mashed potatoes.

4. What are the advantages of using a potato ricer over a traditional masher?

Using a potato ricer can result in smoother and fluffier mashed potatoes, as well as a more consistent texture. It also eliminates the need for peeling potatoes, as the skins can be easily removed after ricing. Additionally, a potato ricer can be used for other foods such as fruits and vegetables, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen.

5. Is potato ricing necessary for making mashed potatoes?

No, potato ricing is not necessary for making mashed potatoes. It is simply an alternative method for achieving a smoother and fluffier texture. Traditional methods such as using a potato masher or electric mixer can also be used to make mashed potatoes. It ultimately depends on personal preference and the desired texture of the mashed potatoes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot