• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press: Love It or Hate It? My Experiences

Some people love it and some people hate it. The author of this conversation recommends using the recipe that came with the press. Some people have had problems with the press in the past, but there is a recipe in All the Best that works great.
Laura420
Cookie Press... love it, or hate it?

I just got mine. I havent used it yet. I love all the discs. My old one didnt have some of the new holiday designs, like the pumpkins and others, so I am excited that there is more designs to use throught the year!

Do you guys like and use yours? If so, do you use the recipe that came with the press or do you use your own.

For me it is a hit or miss. Sometimes I love it and other times I want to flush it down the toilet but I don't want to have to call the plumier.

I love mine...or did. I had problems last year with the right amount coming out. I think I have used it soooooo much over the years (maybe 8-10) that it is just not functioning as well as it did in the beginning. Has anyone experienced this? I admit, I am a cookie junkie and make a lot of cookies all year round and so maybe I have just worn it out. I have to work really hard sometimes to get the "click" to actually "click" meaning the dough is done coming and I can go to the next one. I don't know what is wrong, but I know it's not working right.
As far as the recipe, I used the one with the product u/cg and then branched out to try others, including the cream cheese ones and the ones you make with cake mixes. They are all good.

Some discs work better than others. There are a couple of files on the site here that have tips for that tool.Make sure the number on the disc is facing the right way, because that will affect how the dough separates. And some shapes take more than one click - but not necessarily a whole second one. (Confused yet?)There's a recipe in All the Best that works GREAT with the press, and it's super easy.
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
Mix to combine. Press onto a stone. Bake.

I have only used mine once (haven't had it that long) but thought it was a blast. I did use the use and care recipe, want to try it again. Forgot about the pumpkin shape, should've made some halloween cookies! Darnit!

Tip from HO: in November and December a frequent complaint is "my cookie press doesn't work right". We tend to over-measure dry ingredients, and under-measure wet ingredients. So step one is - Dry ingredients. Dry ingredients: remember the 3 S's - Stir, Spoon, Scrape. Stir the flour in the bag or flour canister with a whisk. This aerates it and makes it fluffy. Spoon the stirred top part of the flour into your measuring cup, being careful to not compress it down. Scrape the top of your mounded measuring cup back into the flour bag or canister, with a flat item like a table knife or back/spine of a PC bread knife. This gives you an accurate, light measure of flour. Do NOT "scoop" into your flour bag or canister - this compresses the flour down and results in dense dough/batter that causes problems in the PC Cookie Press.Wet ingredients: remember the meniscus! Most liquids (except water) have a concave dent in them when measured in a measuring cup, so the outside edge, closest to the rim is actually a millimeter or so higher than the actual volume in the cup. You want to seemingly "overfill" your wet ingredients that have a concave meniscus, so the top of the surface of your liquid is at the measure you need. It can be the difference of a teaspoon in a smaller measure, to a tablespoon for a larger measure. That is huge in baking!Good luck; God Bless!

WOW great tips Scott!!!! Thank you so much!

In my old press I noticed that colder batter seemed to "press" out better than room temp ones... do you guys find this to be true with the PC press?

Check out this thread. There's some great info.
- I don't know how to create a direct link.

What's up with the Cookie Press???

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make decorative cookies. It works by pressing dough through a shaped disc, creating consistent shapes and patterns. The dough is loaded into a cylindrical chamber and then pressed out through a disc at the end of the press.

What are the benefits of using a cookie press?

Using a cookie press allows for precise and consistent shapes and sizes of cookies. It also saves time and effort compared to hand-rolling and cutting dough. Plus, the variety of discs available allows for a wide range of decorative options.

Can a cookie press be used for other types of dough?

Yes, a cookie press can be used for other types of dough, such as cheese straws or churros. However, it is important to ensure that the dough is the right consistency and not too sticky or hard for the press to handle.

How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

To clean a cookie press, disassemble it and wash the parts with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry thoroughly before storing. Some cookie presses are also dishwasher safe. To maintain your press, make sure to remove any excess dough from the discs and properly store it in a dry place.

Are there any common issues or tips for using a cookie press?

One common issue when using a cookie press is the dough sticking to the discs or not coming out smoothly. This can be avoided by properly greasing the discs and ensuring the dough is the right consistency. It is also important to avoid overfilling the press and to use a consistent amount of pressure when pressing out the dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
  • mike nike