• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Cookie Press: Tips for Perfect Results with Non-Gold Medal Flour

In summary, there are five main types of cookie press tips: flat, ridged, open star, closed star, and specialty. These tips can create different shapes and designs, including traditional round cookies, ridged cookies, and more intricate designs such as flowers or animals. To attach the cookie press tip, make sure the press is turned off and the plunger is in the locked position, then twist and push the tip onto the end of the press. It is not necessary to grease the tip before use, but if the dough is sticking, you can lightly coat the tip with cooking spray or vegetable oil. The cookie press tips can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a small brush or toothpick, and can also be used
DebPC
Staff member
I know this sounds crazy, but I've found that Gold Medal flour is the cause
of most of our Cookie Press problems! Switch to any other brand of flour and
the cookies will stick to the stone fine. Any Press I sell comes with this
advice from me!
Marjorie Bell

Another TipI have found that certain shapes stick better once the stone is sticky. I take a blob of the dough and press it several times all over the stone before pressing with the Cookie Press. I know it sounds weird but I discovered that sometimes a shape won't stick the first or second time in a spot on the stone but it will on the third time! This works especially for the pumpkin shape.

Lura Antokal

stickingI have a serious problem with the dough sticking to the shape. It doesn't come of on to the stone. I have tried several different recipes including PC's that came with it. My mom said to spray the shape with non stick spray, but that doesn't seem to help. I would love to master this product so I can do shows with it. Any help???? :confused:

I have found that if I let the dough sit for any length of time, I have problems. This is not one of my favorite products. I love it when it works, but hate it when it is not behaving.

I'm with youI thought I was going to love this so I got it- definetly should have spent the money on something else. Bummer!

What are the different types of cookie press tips available?

There are five main types of cookie press tips: flat, ridged, open star, closed star, and specialty. The flat tip is perfect for making traditional round cookies, while the ridged tip creates ridges on the surface of the cookie. Open star and closed star tips are used for creating different shapes and designs, and specialty tips are designed for more intricate designs such as flowers or animals.

How do I attach the cookie press tip to the press?

To attach the cookie press tip, first make sure the press is turned off and the plunger is in the locked position. Then, simply twist and push the tip onto the end of the press until it clicks into place. Make sure the tip is secure before using the press.

Do I need to grease the cookie press tip before using it?

No, you do not need to grease the cookie press tip before use. The dough will naturally release from the tip as it is pressed out. However, if you are having trouble with the dough sticking, you can lightly coat the tip with cooking spray or vegetable oil.

How do I clean the cookie press tips?

The cookie press tips can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a small brush or toothpick to remove any dough or residue. Make sure to dry the tips thoroughly before storing them.

Can I use the cookie press tips for something other than cookies?

Yes, the cookie press tips can be used for other types of dough, such as choux pastry, cheese straws, and even mashed potatoes. However, make sure to adjust the dough consistency and follow the specific instructions for each type of dough to ensure the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Michelle817
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Florence King
  • proudmama02
  • Products and Tips
Replies