• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Cookie Press: Does Side of Disk Matter?

In summary, when using a cookie press, the side of the disk with the raised design should face up to press the dough and create the shape on the cookie. Not all types of dough are suitable for use with a cookie press, it is recommended to use a dough specifically made for cookie presses. To clean a cookie press, disassemble it according to the manufacturer's instructions and wash the parts with warm, soapy water before drying them thoroughly. A cookie press can also be used to make savory treats by using a savory dough and choosing a suitable disk design. The size of the cookies can be adjusted by controlling the amount of dough and pressure used, but it's best to experiment with small batches to find the perfect size.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Does it matter which side of the disk is showing in the cookie press? I noticed one side of the disks have a number on them and the other side does not.

So does it matter which side you have facing out or into the cookie press or no? The use and care didn't say.

I just put it in- don't pay attention to which side is up and they've been great every time.

ok one more question...which works better with these... stoneware or sheet pan??

No it doesn't matter which way to put it in. Either pan works great!

What really matters is if they are hot or not - if the pans are hot, the cookies won't stick to the pan ... I rotated between stone & pan depending on which was cool.

If you use stones make sure they are cool, if you are using metal bakeware put them in the freezer for a few minutes.

Just did a batch of the Spritz Cookies on the Cookie Press info sheet. I used two large round stone and one cookie sheet. This was the first time I have used the cookie sheet and boy was I impressed! I also used three of the discs and had no problems. :love:

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can assure you that it does not matter which side of the disk is showing in the cookie press. The disks are designed to work the same way no matter which side is facing out. The numbers on one side of the disk are simply for organizational purposes and do not affect the functionality of the press. Happy baking!

1. Does the side of the disk matter when using a cookie press?

Yes, the side of the disk does matter when using a cookie press. The side with the raised design should face up, as this is the side that will press the dough and create the shape on the cookie.

2. Can I use any type of dough with a cookie press?

No, not all types of dough are suitable for use with a cookie press. The dough needs to be firm enough to hold its shape when pressed through the disk. It is recommended to use a dough specifically made for cookie presses.

3. How do I clean my cookie press?

To clean your cookie press, first disassemble it according to the manufacturer's instructions. Then, wash the parts with warm, soapy water and a sponge or brush. Be sure to dry all parts thoroughly before storing to prevent rusting.

4. Can I use a cookie press to make savory treats?

Yes, you can use a cookie press to make savory treats such as cheese straws or crackers. Just make sure to use a savory dough and choose a disk with a design suitable for the type of treat you want to make.

5. Can I adjust the size of the cookies with a cookie press?

Yes, you can adjust the size of the cookies by controlling the amount of dough you put into the press and the pressure you use to press it through the disk. However, keep in mind that the cookies may spread slightly when baking, so it's best to experiment with small batches to find the perfect size for your desired outcome.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci
  • alidafrizzell
  • Products and Tips
Replies