• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Cookie Press Issues - Kristy Tate in Seligman, MO

In summary, Seligman,MOcall test kitchens recommend different types of flour for different cookies depending on what type of cookie you are making.
ktate
Silver Member
I have a customer that has had terrible luck with her cookie press. She can't get the cookies to come out right. She has tried the PC recipes. She has tried chilling the dough and letting it get to room temperature. Any suggestions, or similiar problems?

Thanks,

Kristy Tate
Seligman,MO

call test kicthensI remember when I was in there for a tour that Rubia mentioned certain types of flour work best! I don't remember which she recommended, but I bet if you e-mailed them they would tell you!

Laurie

Try a searchThere was a discussion about the cookie press sometime ago. I just did a search and lots of things came up including tips and recipes. Go to the search bar by clicking on search at the top and type in "cookie press". That should give you some helpful tips to give to your customer. To me, the cookie press is "unpredictable"! I haven't used it for a show yet...I think I need to practice more. :p

My friend learned at conference that it matters how you measure your flour! Spoon it into your measuring cup instead of scooping it out of the canister.

Cake MixI use the following recipe. There are some variations at the end that I use, too. I've never had a problem when I use this recipe, and I use it often:

Basic Butter Recipe
1lb. (4 sticks) butter, divided
1 pkg. (18.25 oz) white cake mix
2 ¾ cups (11oz) all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 Deg. F. In small bowl, microwave 2 sticks of butter on high, 1 minute or until just melted. Slice remaining butter into ½ inch pieces; add to melted butter tossing to coat. Allow butter to stand 3-5 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, measure flour, add cake mix, and blend to break any lumps. Whisk butter until smooth and free of lumps. If necessary, return butter to microwave for 10-20 seconds or until creamy and pourable. Do not melt completely. Pour butter all at once into dry ingredients, thoroughly scrape butter from bowl. With mixing spoon, mix until dry ingredients are incorporated and dough is smooth. Fill Cookie Press and press cookies onto baking stone or parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool 3 minutes on baking stone, the remove to cooling rack. Makes approximately 8 dozen cookies.
Flavor Variations: Use Devils Food Cake Mix instead of White Cake Mix. Or add a few drops of mint extract and green food coloring and use the Christmas tree disk. Or use a yellow cake mix and add a tablespoon of the Cinnamon Plus Spice blend to make a great spice cookie.

HTH,
Diane

At conference they said that 95% of the problems with the cookie press has to do with measuring the flour. Stir it first, then spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off. On average if you scoop it out you are getting 6oz flour, doing it the way they told us is 4oz of flour (per cup)! That's like an 3 cups of flour rather than 2 if your not measuring right! :eek:

HTH! I know it made a difference for me!

pamperedmom2owen said:
At conference they said that 95% of the problems with the cookie press has to do with measuring the flour. Stir it first, then spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off. On average if you scoop it out you are getting 6oz flour, doing it the way they told us is 4oz of flour (per cup)! That's like an 3 cups of flour rather than 2 if your not measuring right! :eek:

HTH! I know it made a difference for me!

I'm not getting how these are different ot how they would make a difference.. Maybe I'm not seeing it. My cookies just don't leave the press too well. Should it be cold or warm?

This was mentioned at our cluster meeting not long ago. It's not just the PC cookie press, they're all tempermental. Apparently the more simple the design you're pressing out, the better luck you'll have. There were specific pattern numbers that were mentioned at the meeting, but unfortunately I don't remember what they are. Perhaps call head office and see if they can tell you.

ThanksThanks for all your help.

I have printed several things I will give to my customer. :)

Kristy

1. How do I properly load the cookie press?

The cookie press should be loaded by unscrewing the ring at the end of the barrel and inserting the desired disk. Then, fill the barrel with dough and screw the ring back on, making sure it is secure.

2. Why is my cookie press not dispensing dough?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. Make sure the dough is soft and pliable, and that the disk is inserted correctly. Also, check that the ring at the end of the barrel is tightly screwed on and that the plunger is pushed all the way down before pressing the trigger.

3. Can I use the cookie press with chilled dough?

No, the cookie press is designed to work with room temperature dough. Chilled dough may be too hard to press through the disk and could cause damage to the press.

4. How do I clean my cookie press?

The cookie press can be disassembled and washed by hand with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling. Avoid putting the press in the dishwasher as it could damage the parts.

5. My cookies are not coming out in the desired shape. What am I doing wrong?

First, make sure you are using the correct disk for the desired shape. Also, try pressing the trigger more gently and evenly to ensure the dough is evenly distributed. If the issue persists, contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SPAMSTIME
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • lbalks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies