• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press with a Potato Ricer: To Peel or Not to Peel?

In summary, a cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make uniform and consistent shaped cookies by pressing cookie dough through a shaped disc onto a baking sheet. It can be used to make a variety of cookies and should be cleaned and maintained according to the manufacturer's instructions. A potato ricer is a kitchen tool used to mash cooked potatoes into a fine, fluffy consistency by forcing them through small holes. It can also be used for other foods such as cauliflower, apples, and boiled eggs, as well as for making homemade baby food and straining fruits for jams and jellies.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
When you use the cookie press as a potato ricer do you leave the skin on your potato or do you still need to peel it first?

When they showed us the demo at Conference, the potatoes were peeled. I don't know if it would work for skin on mashed potatoes but I don't think it would hurt to try. :)I keep forgetting to use my press this way until I'm in the midst of mashing my taters with either the masher or the mix and chop...

It isn't that easy with peeled potatoes so I doubt that it would work well with the skin on.

I would think not however it may work with say like small new red potatoes cause they have a thinner skin, however I would not think it would work with regular ones cause the sking is thicker.

The redesigned cookie press has only just launched with us in the UK and everyone is very excited about the inclusion of the potato ricer disk as a potato ricer has been a product our UK customers have been requesting for years! However, I'd love your honest feedback on this product ladies and gents please!

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool used to make uniform and consistent shaped cookies. It works by pressing cookie dough through a shaped disc onto a baking sheet.

What types of cookies can I make with a cookie press?

A cookie press can be used to make a variety of cookies such as spritz cookies, butter cookies, and even cheese straws.

How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

After each use, disassemble the cookie press and wash the parts in warm soapy water. Dry thoroughly before storing. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for specific care and maintenance of your cookie press.

What is a potato ricer and how is it used?

A potato ricer is a kitchen tool used to mash cooked potatoes into a fine, fluffy consistency. It works by forcing the potatoes through small holes using a lever or pressing mechanism.

Can a potato ricer be used for other foods besides potatoes?

Yes, a potato ricer can also be used for other foods such as cauliflower, apples, and even boiled eggs. It can also be used to make homemade baby food or to strain fruits for jams and jellies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies