1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cookie press/ potato ricer

1. chefmoseley

chefmoseley Member Gold Member

When you use the cookie press as a potato ricer do you leave the skin on your potato or do you still need to peel it first?

Dec 28, 2009
  2. Kathy's_Kitchen

Kathy's_Kitchen Advanced Member Gold Member

When they showed us the demo at Conference, the potatoes were peeled. I don't know if it would work for skin on mashed potatoes but I don't think it would hurt to try. :)

I keep forgetting to use my press this way until I'm in the midst of mashing my taters with either the masher or the mix and chop...

3. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

It isn't that easy with peeled potatoes so I doubt that it would work well with the skin on.

4. smarteez2

smarteez2 Advanced Member Gold Member

I would think not however it may work with say like small new red potatoes cause they have a thinner skin, however I would not think it would work with regular ones cause the sking is thicker.

Dec 28, 2009
  5. Belinda Wood

Belinda Wood Novice Member Gold Member

The redesigned cookie press has only just launched with us in the UK and everyone is very excited about the inclusion of the potato ricer disk as a potato ricer has been a product our UK customers have been requesting for years! However, I'd love your honest feedback on this product ladies and gents please!

Jan 8, 2010
Have something to add?