• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Chocolate Chip Batter in the Cookie Press?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a cookie press for making chocolate chip cookies. It is advised to use a thicker batter for best results and there is no need to adjust the cookie press settings. To prevent chocolate chips from getting stuck, mini chips or chopped regular chips can be used and greasing the press with cooking spray. A softer batter can also be used for a traditional round cookie or different disc designs or a piping bag can create various shapes.
pamperedchristine
Gold Member
Last night I told someone that they could use chocolate chip batter in the cookie press, and now I'm checking before putting the order in!

Tell me they can, please so I don't have to call the girl back!

Thanks!

I don't think so...I don't think you'd be able to use it for chocolate chip dough because the chocolate chips would get caught in the disk. You'd only be able to use dough that is smooth. I could be wrong but I think you might want to err on the side of caution rather than have a customer upset when it doesn't work.

I thought you could if you use the disks that have larger openings. Now I'm not so sure. :confused:

My director happened to call today, and so I asked her! She said that it would be 'better' if she used the mini chips, as they would fit in more of the discs better, and just to write a note to the customer about that on the receipt.

I'm not too sure I would use chocolate chips in the dough when using the cookie press. However, suggest using the food chopper to mince the chocolate chips??? Just an idea! Good for cross selling too!!!

good idea kitchenqueen! :D

1. Can I use any type of chocolate chip batter in the cookie press?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate chip batter in the cookie press. However, for best results, we recommend using a thicker batter that will hold its shape when pressed through the cookie press.

2. Do I need to adjust the cookie press for chocolate chip batter?

No, you do not need to adjust the cookie press for using chocolate chip batter. The settings on the cookie press will work for any type of batter, including chocolate chip.

3. How do I prevent the chocolate chips from getting stuck in the cookie press?

To prevent the chocolate chips from getting stuck in the cookie press, we recommend using mini chocolate chips or chopping regular chocolate chips into smaller pieces. You can also lightly coat the cookie press with cooking spray before adding the batter.

4. Can I use a cookie press to make chocolate chip cookies with a softer texture?

Yes, you can use a cookie press to make chocolate chip cookies with a softer texture. Simply use a softer batter and press it onto a baking sheet without using the cookie press discs. This will result in a more traditional, round chocolate chip cookie.

5. Can I use the cookie press to make chocolate chip cookies with different shapes?

Yes, you can use the cookie press to make chocolate chip cookies with different shapes. Many cookie presses come with different disc designs that can be used to press the batter into various shapes. Alternatively, you can also use a piping bag with a decorating tip to pipe the batter into different shapes before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
Replies
Views
Staci