• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press and Cookie Classes?

In summary, the author offers a recipe for cookie dough that can be made with a cake mix, butter, and some other ingredients. She suggests practicing before the show to make the cookie press easier, and offers ideas for different ways to make the cookies.
jesusluvsu2005
I had a host rave about this item and told me I should get it to use and offer mother/daughter cookie classes. Anyone have this item? How do you like it?

Anyone done cookie callses like that before? If so, what all did you do? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I'm pretty sure that when I first started on CS I saved a file about a cookie theme show... I'll try to dig it out and see if it is any help. It's not especially for a mother daughter class, but it might be somewhere to start.

OK, I found it. It is a bit long, and the document could use some formatting to make it easier to read, but it has tons of info and ideas.

Hope it helps!

And thanks to the people who put it together - looks like Paulette was involved at some point!

OK, I am adding a new version of the document, I just quickly changed the font and formatted it to make it easier to read. Scanning through it quickly, I think it is written to give two ways to do a show. Or else the first is just a more detailed version... I guess you'll have to read it and see what you think!

Attachments

• Cookie Show Details.doc
    38 KB · Views: 336
  • Cookie Show Details - formatted.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
The most important thing is to PRACTICE before the show. The cookie press is fussy but once you get the right temperature and consistency of dough it's a great tool. The easiest recipe to learn that is the one that uses a cake mix and butter. Try that first to learn and then you can use any favorite press recipe.

She said she uses the recipe that comes with the press, is that the same recipe? Is there a recipe for icing included with the press?

Annabel- Thanks for that file! I really appreciate it!

I have done cookie classes before. I chose a variety of recipes (no bake, top of stove, microwave and oven) and set up stations. Depending on the group I have done it different ways.

1. Demo use of the tools and walk through each recipe then have each group do their recipe then split the cookies between the participants.

2. Have the simpler recipes done already, go through what you did (stressing tools), and demo one of the recipes with them - I would choose the cookie press because that's the product that needs most instruction.

3. Talk about other cookie techniques and tools to make them easier and demo the cookie press recipe.

I have a recipe that makes 3 different cookies from the same mix - it uses that cake mix and butter recipe. First make the press cookies, then cookies in the mini muffin pan, then drop cookies - putting different ingredients/flavors in the different types of cookies.

ETA: I just read the attachments from the first post. Looks like it's very similar to what I do!

Cookie Press Spritz/alt. recipes with same dough

1 package (18.25 oz) white cake mix
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 pound (4 sticks) butter
optional decorations (sprinkles, colored sugars, chocolate, nuts)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure flour by spooning it into a measuring cup and add to cake mix. Whisk to combine and remove any lumps.

Melt 2 cubes of butter in microwave (1 minute to 1 minute 15 seconds). Cut remaining 2 cubes of butter into 1/2 inch pieces and add to melted butter. Allow butter to sit for 3-5 minutes and whisk to creamy consistency.

Add butter all at once to dry ingredients. Mix well and knead to a consistency of play dough.

Fill cookie press 2/3 full and press onto cool stone. Press additional cookies onto parchment paper. If dough cools (becomes harder to press) remove from press and microwave for 15 seconds to get back to the desired temperature and consistency.

If desired, brush with egg wash or milk and sprinkle with decorations before baking or decorate after baking by sprinkling powdered sugar, chopped nuts or drizzling chocolate over them.

Alternate ideas: Press 1/3 of dough as above. To remaining 2/3 of dough add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and divide into two balls. Chop nuts and roll 1 Tbsp (small scoop) of dough in the nuts. Place in mini-muffin pan and press with mini tart shaper. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from pan and decorate with jelly or chocolate. Add chocolate chips to the remaining 1/3 of dough and drop small scoops onto stone or press into medium bar pan to make bars. Or use some of the dough to roll out and cut with cookie cutters.

Hey Beth, could you post the cake mix recipe, and also the ingredients you add in, and also the time for cooking in the MMP (I love that idea). Thanks!

AnnieBee said:
Hey Beth, could you post the cake mix recipe, and also the ingredients you add in, and also the time for cooking in the MMP (I love that idea). Thanks!

Was posting it as you typed! :p

We made cookies as part of my kids in the kitchen workshop. We let the kids help with mixing in each ingredient from the Spritz cookie recipe that came with the press, then each one got to put out cookies on a stone with their "adult assistant's" help. We used only 5 of the discs that did well to start with. The kids loved doing it too!

The key to the Cookie Press success is to measure accurately! Stir the flour first, then spoon in measuring cup and level off. It's fun to have cookie exchanges at the holidays and bring spritz cookies already baked.
Deb

I have some documents on the cookie press - maybe they'll be helpful...

Attachments

• cookie press - congrats.doc
    99.5 KB · Views: 276
  • COOKIE PRESS RECIPES.doc
    52 KB · Views: 291
  • COOKIE PRESS TIPS.doc
    26 KB · Views: 280
Here's the only way I use the cookie press.
Stirring in mini choco chips is awesome with this recipe too, but you scoop those and flatten before baking.
A fellow consultant came up with this demo.

Attachments

• Cookie Press Tips and Recipe.doc
    29 KB · Views: 341
janezapchef said:
Here's the only way I use the cookie press.
Stirring in mini choco chips is awesome with this recipe too, but you scoop those and flatten before baking.
A fellow consultant came up with this demo.

WOW now I want to run out an buy the cookie press..

Thanks for the Cookie Press Tips and Recipe using the cake mix! My kids and I will try it tomorrow. I've owned mine for years but only tried it once. I did OK for a first time, but didn't know what else I could use with it. The Cake mix recipe seems so easy!I sold 2 of Cookie Press' at my first show! And I didn't even MENTION it during my demo. I had brought a few items from my own stuff and had it on the table. But I was planning on giving extra recipes as part of my customer care- especially for the Cookie Press and the DCB that someone bought.

1. What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a handheld kitchen tool used to make uniform and consistent shaped cookies. It works by placing dough inside the press and pressing it through a disc with a desired shape, creating cookies of the same size and shape.

2. Can I use any cookie dough with a cookie press?

While most standard cookie dough recipes can be used with a cookie press, it is important to make sure the dough is soft and pliable enough to easily pass through the press. It is recommended to avoid using doughs with large chunks of ingredients such as chocolate chips or nuts, as they may clog the press.

3. How do I clean and maintain my cookie press?

To clean your cookie press, disassemble it and wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Make sure to dry completely before storing. For maintenance, it is important to regularly grease the moving parts with cooking spray or oil to keep them functioning properly.

4. What are the benefits of attending a cookie class?

A cookie class allows you to learn new techniques and tips for using your cookie press, as well as try out different recipes and designs. It is also a fun and social activity to do with friends or family. Plus, you get to take home delicious cookies!

5. Can I use a cookie press for anything other than cookies?

Yes, a cookie press can also be used to make other types of treats such as cheese straws, crackers, or even filled pastries. Just make sure to adjust the dough consistency and use the appropriate press disc for the desired result.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Janice Hirst
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
Staci