• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Did My Cookie Pizza Fail? Important Tip for Using Refrigerated Dough!

In summary, the customer's friend host a party and changed her mind about dessert, so the customer sent her the ingredients for the cookie pizzas. The customer arrived an hour before the show and found the cookie dough frozen. The customer zapped the frozen dough and it worked out.
sklay723
Gold Member
OK, so one of my customers' favorites has always been the cookie pizzas (they LOVE them). A good friend of mine hosted a party today, and yesterday she changed her mind about dessert and wanted to do the Decadent Chocolate Dessert Pizza. Fine by me. I sent her the list of ingredients, and thought everything was A-ok. I arrive at her home an hour before the show, and the first order of business was to prep and bake the cookie base for the pizza so that it would be cool by the time we had to put the toppings on with guests there. She tells me that the dough is on the stove, and then goes into the back room to take care of something. I reach for the tube of dough...and find out that it is FROZEN. Rock solid, frozen, hard as a brick! I holler and she comes running, and she has no clue what's wrong.

Here's the important tip...when you tell a customer to purchase refrigerated cookie dough, make sure you tell them to keep it in the FRIDGE. My friend (God bless her) always buys cookie dough and keeps it in the freezer until she's ready to use it, so that she can buy lots when it's on sale. So when she got home from the market last night, she just tossed it in the freezer. You have to fully THAW it before you can bake it!!!

We wound up scrambling and putting the dough (out of the package) on a plate in the microwave and zapping it on defrost. It started getting too warm (melting chocolate chips and making a mess), but in the end it worked out fairly well considering. I got a good chuckle out of it in the end, but I thought I would pass this on just in case anyone else has to deal with something like this. Never would I have thought to tell her to keep it in the fridge (guess I learned my lesson...).

Great tip and reminder Katie!!!! (love the new avatar!!)

LOL I had a similar experience when I made the raspberry cookie trifle, 1) the hostess bought the berry's (frozen berries) but forgot to defrost them so we had to stick them in a basin of warm water for rapid defrost and then 2) she bought un-whiped frozen whip topping luckly she had a kitchen aid so we whipped it up...
since then I've started to buy the ingredients and having my hostess reimburse me.

1. How do I make a Cookie Pizza?

To make a Cookie Pizza, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Then, spread your cookie dough onto a large round baking pan, leaving about 1 inch of space around the edges for the dough to expand. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Let it cool for a few minutes before adding your desired toppings.

2. What size pan should I use for a Cookie Pizza?

We recommend using a 12-inch round baking pan for a standard size Cookie Pizza. However, you can also use a larger or smaller pan depending on your preference and the size of your cookie dough.

3. Can I use any type of cookie dough for a Cookie Pizza?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie dough for a Cookie Pizza. Some popular options include chocolate chip, sugar, and peanut butter cookie dough. You can even try using different flavors or combinations for a unique twist.

4. How do I add toppings to a Cookie Pizza?

Once your cookie crust is baked and cooled, you can add toppings just like you would on a regular pizza. Popular options include chocolate chips, sprinkles, fruit, nuts, and frosting. Get creative and have fun with it!

5. What is an important tip for making a perfect Cookie Pizza?

One important tip for making a perfect Cookie Pizza is to make sure your dough is evenly spread out on the pan. This will help ensure even baking and prevent any burnt or undercooked spots. You can also use parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat for easier removal and clean-up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies