• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Exchange: What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

You are hosting an annual cookie exchange, and everyone is expected to make 1/2 dozen cookies. You provide a snack (like Chex mix) and drink (like coffee or water) for participants, and they take home one package of everyone else's cookies.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Some ladies from my (very small) church were talking and discovered we all like to bake, so we talked about getting together to do our holiday baking.

I ended up getting put in charge of organizing this and somehow, it turned into a "cookie exchange" after church.

Some of us singles are reeling at the requirements ... bake TEN DOZEN COOKIES if 10 people participate? What am I going to do with that many cookies? And then I will STILL be baking for my own family, because frankly, I don't trust the others to bake cookies from a nut-free enviroment (a requirement for my sister's son, who has a life-threatening allergy to tree nuts and peanuts.)

Is there a way to tweak this for those who don't need or want that many cookies?

how about a half dozen instead of a whole dozen...that would only be 5 dozen.

pc_jessica said:
how about a half dozen instead of a whole dozen...that would only be 5 dozen.

Was going to say the same thing. Or I guess you don't have to take home what you bring. I know that is the point of the cookie exchange but I don't know what I'd do with TEN dozen cookies, except become very popular at work. :blushing:

I suggested that to the lady in question ... hopefully she'll let me know if she thinks that will work.So basically, people would have the OPTION of making 1 or 1/2 dozen per person or more, based on how many they want to take home. If you bring 5 dozen you take home 5 dozen, if you bring 10 dozen you take 10 dozen and if you bring 3 dozen you take 3 dozen.

I host an annual cookie exchange. What I do is have everyone make 1/2 dozen cookies for everyone involved. So, if we have 10 people, everyone makes 5 dozen cookies. Cookies are packaged in packages of 1/2 dozen each. At the cookie exchange, one package of everyone's cookies is opened and placed on a common platter so we can sample and share. A salty snack (I like Chex mix) is available along with coffee, water, and another soft drink of some kind. Each person takes home one package of everyone else's cookies. As for what to do with all of those cookies--many nursing homes are glad to accept cookies. You might have neighbors who would appreciate a plate of cookies.

1. What is a cookie exchange?

A cookie exchange is a gathering where participants bring a large quantity of homemade cookies to share with each other. Each person brings a set number of cookies and then exchanges them with others, resulting in a variety of different cookies to take home.

2. How many cookies should I bring to a cookie exchange?

The number of cookies you should bring depends on the number of participants in the exchange. A general rule is to bring 6-12 cookies for each person participating. So if there are 10 people, you would bring 60-120 cookies.

3. Do I have to bake my own cookies for a cookie exchange?

While it is encouraged to bake your own cookies, some people do opt to purchase store-bought cookies to bring to a cookie exchange. Just make sure to label them as store-bought so others know.

4. What kind of cookies should I bring to a cookie exchange?

You can bring any kind of cookie you like to a cookie exchange. It's always fun to have a variety of flavors and types of cookies, so feel free to get creative with your recipe choices.

5. How do I package my cookies for a cookie exchange?

You can package your cookies in a variety of ways, such as in a festive tin or box, or in individual bags or containers. Make sure to label your cookies with the type and any potential allergens, and consider including the recipe for others to try at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • babywings76