• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Cookie Exchange for a Large Group?

In summary, the author is thinking of having a cookie exchange at their Cub Scout Christmas party. They are unsure if it will be too much work or if it will be well-received. They suggest involving the families more by having them bring their cookies and then having a communal feast.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok.....I like to do things Different...I get bored with the "same ole same ole!"

We're planning our Cub Scout Christmas Party. Last year, we had the families just bring a dessert to share, and the Scouts/kids decorated some Christmas cookies for themselves to snack on.

I'm toying with the idea to suggest we do a Cookie Exchange. We usually have about 50-60 families who'd attend this function, not necessarily all of them would bring cookies, but was wondering if anyone has pulled off a large event like this before? We've done similar things in the women's group- with dozens of women. We bagged up our cookies in plastic baggies (some people got fancy).

I'm thinking 5 dozen cookies/treats- bagged 3 or 4 cookies to a bag, and then 1 dozen to share at the party. That would give everyone who participates 15-20 bags (depending on the # in each bag). Any leftovers we can donate to the Pastor or the neighboring fire station (or a few families within our pack who can't afford much).

There will be no "RSVP"ing, since it's next week. I was just going to email them the deal and we hope for the best. :D Either way, you still get variety. I'll have them give me ONE copy of recipes and I will post it on our scout website later. I know this is sort of last minute- but the person who was GOING to help plan this party bailed on us- never showed to meetings...so it fell on me, since no one else was doing anything....AGAIN.

What do you think? I've done smaller exchanges, just not one this large.

Hmmmm ... I've done this a few times but always with a small group. We tell people 1 dozen to share and 1 dozen for each participant. People balk when they realize that means 6 dozen or more.

So I like your idea better ... bring the cookies and what you bring is what you take. So if you bring half a dozen per person, that's what you take. Of course, last year it seemed like I didn't get nearly as many as I brought.

Depending on how many people come, it might be a lot of work to do cookies in little bags. You might be better putting some long tables together and telling people to grab a few of each kind.

wadesgirl said:
Depending on how many people come, it might be a lot of work to do cookies in little bags. You might be better putting some long tables together and telling people to grab a few of each kind.
Except with 100 kids running around....YUCK...that will end badly. :yuck: Grubby, grabby paws..... We decided on 3 dozen, so you are only bagging up about 12 bags or so. If they cant handle that then i give up with these people! We shall see! But everyone on the committee liked the idea. Except my dh who is the negative nelly.... "people wont bag them up!". I said. "YOU might not, but the mom's will so hush. ". :D

Hi there! I totally understand wanting to mix things up and try something new for your Cub Scout Christmas Party. A cookie exchange sounds like a fun and festive idea! I have done similar events with larger groups before and they have been a success. My advice would be to set a limit for the number of participants, so that everyone has a chance to try a variety of cookies and treats. Also, consider having some extra bags on hand in case some families forget to bring their own. As for the last minute planning, don't worry too much about it. Sometimes the best events come together at the last minute. Good luck and happy baking!

What is a cookie exchange for a large group?

A cookie exchange for a large group is a fun and festive event where a group of people gather to trade and share large quantities of homemade cookies. Each participant brings a set amount of cookies and leaves with an assortment of different cookies to enjoy.

How many people should participate in a cookie exchange for a large group?

We recommend having at least 8-10 participants for a cookie exchange for a large group. This will ensure a good variety of cookies and enough to go around for everyone to take home.

How many cookies should each person bring to a cookie exchange for a large group?

Each person should bring enough cookies for each participant to take home at least 2-3 cookies per type of cookie. For example, if there are 8 participants, each person should bring around 16-24 cookies.

What types of cookies are best for a cookie exchange for a large group?

Any type of cookie can work for a cookie exchange for a large group, but it's best to stick with cookies that are easy to transport and can last for a few days without going stale. Some popular options include chocolate chip, sugar, snickerdoodle, and peanut butter cookies.

How should cookies be packaged for a cookie exchange for a large group?

Cookies should be packaged in airtight containers or bags to keep them fresh. You can also use festive holiday tins or boxes for a fun presentation. Make sure to label the type of cookie on the container or include a list of ingredients for those with dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
Replies