• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Support Our Cause with Delicious Recipes: Cookbook Fundraiser for a Good Cause

In summary, the cookbook fundraiser is an old PC program that is no longer valid. However, you can still offer it to groups. Be careful with raffle type fundraisers because they are illegal in Arizona.
pc_jessica
Okay so i ran across a thread sometime ago about someone doing a cookbook fundraiser, they even had a nice order form with pics of the cookbooks! well i was wondering if someone had a made up a new one for the new cookbooks we have yet? i am trying to work on one, but my i am very computer stupid when it comes to making boxes and copying in pics and all that kind of stuff...TIA

I know it is tempting to do one with this month's special, I thought it over, even posted (and deleted the thread). Keep in mind the guest special isn't meant to be a way for a group to buy extra cookbooks cheap and re-sell them. It is a thank you for guests when they buy $60.

oh no i wasn't planning on doing it this month, i am getting it ready for whenever i have a group interested. i didn't even think about it being the host special this month...i just want it on hand to offer as a fundraiser.

The cookbook fundraiser is an old PC program. It's not valid anymore.

DebbieJ said:
The cookbook fundraiser is an old PC program. It's not valid anymore.

even if its not a valid PC one they offer, can't i still offer it to groups? i would think i can just like any other fundraisers or ticket ones? IMO

pc_jessica said:
even if its not a valid PC one they offer, can't i still offer it to groups? i would think i can just like any other fundraisers or ticket ones? IMO
I think it is limiting to offer only cookbooks in a fundraiser. Granted they are easy to order and deliver. However, if someone sees a PC fundraiser and wants to order other items, you might lose business if the customer thinks that the fundraiser is only for cookbooks. You know what I mean?Also, I noticed you mentioned "ticket ones". Please be really careful with raffle type fundraisers. I looked into the AZ law and raffles fall under gaming here, and are illegal. There are some ways to do it legally, but there are strict rules and the penalties are all felony offenses. I decided it wasn't worth the risk!

oh wow! i never even thought that it would be considered illegal to do those! wow i will def look into our NE laws here first. i haven't done any fundraisers but i just wanted to know what my options are and have flyers and stuff ready incase i come across a group or something that might be interested. thanks for the advice

What is a Cookbook Fundraiser?

A Cookbook Fundraiser is a program where organizations, such as schools, churches, or sports teams, sell customized cookbooks as a way to raise funds for their cause. These cookbooks can be filled with recipes from members of the organization or can be professionally curated with popular recipes.

How does the Cookbook Fundraiser work?

The organization will work with a Pampered Chef consultant to create a customized cookbook with recipes from members of the organization. The consultant will provide a template for the recipes and help with editing and design. The organization then sells the cookbooks to their community and keeps a portion of the profits as a fundraiser.

What are the benefits of doing a Cookbook Fundraiser?

Cookbook Fundraisers are a fun and unique way to raise funds for an organization. They also provide a sense of community and involvement as members can contribute their own recipes to the cookbook. Additionally, the cookbooks can be used as a marketing tool for the organization, as they can be given as gifts or sold to the public.

How much can an organization expect to make from a Cookbook Fundraiser?

The amount an organization can make from a Cookbook Fundraiser varies depending on the quantity of cookbooks sold and the price at which they are sold. On average, organizations can expect to make a profit of $5-$10 per cookbook sold.

How long does the Cookbook Fundraiser process take?

The process of creating and selling the cookbooks typically takes 6-8 weeks. This includes the time for recipe submissions, editing and design, printing and delivery of the cookbooks. However, the timeline can vary depending on the size of the organization and the number of cookbooks being sold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefmeg
Replies
Views
peichef
Replies
Views
kam
  • pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows