• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbook Fundraiser: A Creative Way to Support a Paraplegic's Medical Expenses?

In summary, a cookbook fundraiser flyer should have the cookbooks marked up by a little bit, say $5.25, and the organization gets the $5.25 plus 10% of the commission off of what the cookbooks are sold.
cajunchelle
Gold Member
Does anyone do a cookbook fundraiser where you make a flyer of the cookbooks and mark up the price a little so that the organizations gets what you charge over plus give them say 10% on top of that.

Ex: Charge $20 for the cookbook and they get the $5.25 plus I will donate 10% of my commission off of what they sale.

This is for a girl that fell off of a balcony and broke her back and is now a paraplegic. They need help paying for medical expenses. This would be an out of state fundraiser so there is no way I could do a KS Fundraiser. Any ideas? TIA

Do a Catalog show fundraiserDo a Catalog show fundraiser. I don't believe that we are allowed to do a fundraiser like what you are talking about anymore. I do know that The Pampered Chef used to offer a Product Fundraiser complete w/the sheets for the kids to carry with them. It was like what you are talking about, but it had 10 to 15 different items on it and the were all marked up about 50 cents and the organization received 40% of the sales. I know that all the people in my cluster donates their 15% commission to the organization. BUT remember to tell them that they will receive 15% of the sales as a donation FROM the company and then you will donate 15% of YOUR COMMISSION! Saying it this way doesn't imply that they will get 30% of the sales. Because you only get commission on the sales after the organization receives their donation.

ex: XYZ has $1000 in sales. They receive $150 in donations from PC! You receive a commission of $127.50 from the $850 in sales after the donation. So, if you donate your commission, then XYZ receives a total of $277.50 in donations.

Not ALL consultant's donate their commissions to the organization. But I believe that you reap what you sew. So, I do donate my commission, because I feel that I will be rewarded in some other way for doing so.

You might want to call HO and ask about doing a fundraiser like you are talking about.

DZmom said:
I do know that The Pampered Chef used to offer a Product Fundraiser complete w/the sheets for the kids to carry with them. It was like what you are talking about, but it had 10 to 15 different items on it and the were all marked up about 50 cents and the organization received 40% of the sales.
The old product fundraiser had 10 specific products on it and the prices were raised slightly from the catalog to cover shipping. Most of my fundraisers during that time used both but few bought from that list even with the organization getting 40% of the sales of those things. They wanted to use the whole book for orders.

The fund-raiser program that we currently offer is really a good deal but we need to explain it to the organization. Unlike other companies we do not raise the prices for fundraiser and THAT is why they get a lower percent of profit than other groups give. Their customers get the same price, products and guarantee that those attending shows get from PC. With other companies they get the same products but they pay more. If it is explained correctly the contributers to the fund-raiser will actually buy more (I know I always want to get the best price) and book future shows and make more money for the group.

I do not give my commission unless it is a group I am involved with (so that there is no appearance of conflict of interest). I DO offer all organizations extra money from each booking generated from the fundraiser. PC gives them $ for each booking and I offer a minimum of $2 per hundred dollars (more if it's a higher show) for each booking and I pay it at the close of each show. Because I am giving the money at the close of the parties it costs me nothing until the show happens and it helps hold the show. It also gives me a reason to talk about future fundraisers at those shows and to thank the host for being so generous to her group - warm fuzzy for her. Make the host feel good and her friends will want that feeling too.

Thanks for the replys! Not sure if I am going to do this or not. Just doesn't seem worth the money if they only get 15%. That is a lot of trouble for the family of this girl for such a small amount. Plus it is out of state so I will not get any kitchen show bookings from it. Think I will just donate some money on my own to contribute to her fund.

There's info on this site for a Bingo Fundraiser...apparently you can make a ton more $$$ for the organization/group this way b/c in addition to the PC products purchased, they pay to play (so there's $$), plus you can have food & drinks that people can purchase (more $$), and even do a 50/50 raffle during the bingo where people can buy a ticket for like a dollar and then the winner gets half the $$ and the org gets the other half (more $$).

I have had 2 fundraisers lately and each was about $1200 in sales so they reached the 15% and I donated an additional 10% so each organization made 25%. I also donated an additional amount for each booking and signed consultant.

Obviously, everyone does not contributed in addition to PC, but I believe this is a great way to build the business.

As others stated, I would do a catalog show and a lot of host coaching and maybe get a "guest" list and contact individuals that the host may be approaching and explaining the fundraiser and how they can help.

Good luck!

Ok, I got bored and created this. I know it's nothing big or anything, but I thought it may help. I would like something completely different for the letter but it is entirely way too early for me to think right now. feel free to comment on this in any way possible. There is still a lot of work to be done to the flyers, but I live remarkably close to an elementary school and have a contact there so I had them in mind when preparing this. I am still thinking of ideas to chage this, but I think it is a pretty basic thing right now. I thought the idea of just cookbooks was great, especially for younger kids to do. Thanks in advance for any feedback, I could sure use it!

Attachments

• Cookbook.doc
    202.5 KB · Views: 497
  • cookbook letter.doc
    198 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
great fundraisers - any advice to pass on?
Sk8Mom209 said:
I have had 2 fundraisers lately and each was about $1200 in sales so they reached the 15% and I donated an additional 10% so each organization made 25%. I also donated an additional amount for each booking and signed consultant.

Obviously, everyone does not contributed in addition to PC, but I believe this is a great way to build the business.

As others stated, I would do a catalog show and a lot of host coaching and maybe get a "guest" list and contact individuals that the host may be approaching and explaining the fundraiser and how they can help.

Good luck!
I think that is great. I have had one successful fundraiser with middle school cheerleaders over a year ago, but 2 that I have done recently have flopped & I am discouraged to try again. I was asked recently to do another one, but am a little hesitant. I would appreciate any advice from your success!

What were the organizations? How much did you give for a signed consultant - did they have to be qualified? I was thinking about offering a new consultant bonus to this organization.

Also, did you send catalogs home, or mini catalogs or a flyer?

Thank you.
Michele

1. How does the Pampered Chef Cookbook Fundraiser work?

The Pampered Chef Cookbook Fundraiser is a unique and easy way for your organization to raise funds. Simply gather your group's favorite recipes and send them to us, and we'll turn them into a professionally printed and bound cookbook. Your organization can then sell the cookbooks to your community, friends, and family, keeping a portion of the proceeds for your fundraising efforts.

2. What is the minimum order quantity for the Pampered Chef Cookbook Fundraiser?

The minimum order quantity for the Pampered Chef Cookbook Fundraiser is 50 cookbooks. This ensures that your organization will have enough cookbooks to sell and make a profit.

3. How long does it take to receive the cookbooks once the order is placed?

Once the order is placed and the recipes are submitted, it typically takes 4-6 weeks for the cookbooks to be printed and delivered. However, this may vary depending on the size of the order and any customization options.

4. Can we include photos and personalized messages in the cookbooks?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Cookbook Fundraiser offers customization options such as adding photos and personalized messages for an additional fee. This is a great way to make your cookbook more personal and unique to your organization.

5. Is there a cost for the Pampered Chef Cookbook Fundraiser program?

There is no cost for the Pampered Chef Cookbook Fundraiser program. We provide all of the materials and support needed for your organization to have a successful fundraiser. The only cost involved is the purchase of the cookbooks, which can be easily covered by the profits from sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
Replies
Views
vdellere
  • pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies