• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookbook Fundraiser: How to Successfully Raise Funds with Delicious Recipes

In summary, a fundraiser was created for a cookbook that includes shipping and handling as well as a tax. The flyer was created and offered to the public. There was a good response and the fundraiser was a success.
winklermom
I'm considering offering a cookbook fundraiser to a couple of organizations but before I move any further along with the idea, I thought I would see if anyone has ever done anything like this and, if so, how did it work?

I had thought to offer the cookbooks for a flat price that will include shipping and handling. I won't add $4.75 to each book but enough that when they are all put together on each participant's order, that fee will be covered. I was thinking adding possibly $.75 per book and tax, then round that number up to come up with a flat rate.

Does this make sense? Do you think it will work? Has anyone ever tried anything like this before?

Ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

There was a flier going around that I tweaked a little. Sell the small cookbooks for a flat rate of $10 each. Submit it as one order, or a few, to get the free CB w/ every $60 purchase. Saves on shipping. Submit it as a fundraiser so the group gets the 15% (hopefully). Should make the $3 a book after all is said and done. Just thinking off the top of my head right now, so there may be details I am leaving out.

Attachments

• pc fundraiser cookbooks $10each.doc
    813 KB · Views: 686
This looks great! Thanks so much for sharing!

winklermom said:
I'm considering offering a cookbook fundraiser to a couple of organizations but before I move any further along with the idea, I thought I would see if anyone has ever done anything like this and, if so, how did it work?

I had thought to offer the cookbooks for a flat price that will include shipping and handling. I won't add $4.75 to each book but enough that when they are all put together on each participant's order, that fee will be covered. I was thinking adding possibly $.75 per book and tax, then round that number up to come up with a flat rate.

Does this make sense? Do you think it will work? Has anyone ever tried anything like this before?

Ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

I have a few fundraiser opportunities coming up and was searching for ideas! Came across yours and it looks interesting! Wondered if you tried it, and what kind of response you had! flyer is great!

I just love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing...and the flyer is fantastic!

Here is the one I offered this month. It would need to be changed to take the current grilling cookbook off and add the new one and I just had each person add the $4.75 at the end of their order. I also did it with a 5% tax rate because of the location and rounded up from there. The extra money could go straight to the organization or it could be used to buy a prize for the person with the most orders.

Attachments

• dominion storm cookbook order forms.doc
    966.5 KB · Views: 467
I love this. Any chance you would update it with the new grilling cookbook? I tried to do it and it went all weird on me. :-(

What is a "Cookbook Fund Raiser"?

A "Cookbook Fund Raiser" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where organizations can sell our cookbooks to raise funds for their cause. These cookbooks are created with recipes from our consultants and customers, making it a unique and personalized fundraising item.

How does the "Cookbook Fund Raiser" work?

First, the organization signs up for the program and receives a fundraising kit with all the necessary materials. Then, they collect orders and payments from their supporters. Once the orders are submitted, we produce and ship the cookbooks directly to the organization. They can then distribute the cookbooks to their supporters and keep the profits for their cause.

What types of organizations can participate in the "Cookbook Fund Raiser"?

Any non-profit organization such as schools, churches, sports teams, and community groups can participate in the "Cookbook Fund Raiser". It is a great way to raise funds for various causes and bring people together through cooking and sharing recipes.

How much profit can an organization make with the "Cookbook Fund Raiser"?

The profit margin for the "Cookbook Fund Raiser" varies depending on the number of cookbooks sold and the retail price set by the organization. However, on average, organizations can make a profit of $5-$10 per cookbook sold.

Can we customize the cookbooks for our organization?

Yes, the "Cookbook Fund Raiser" allows organizations to customize the cover and introduction pages with their own logo and message. They can also choose which recipes to include from our collection or even submit their own recipes to be included in the cookbook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gloria&Emily
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Gloria&Emily
Replies
Views
vdellere
  • soccermama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies