• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Tarelles: My Daughter's Cookie Masterpiece!

personally I'm disappointed with the cookbook. I think the chicken pie recipe looks like something my grandmother would have made 50 years ago. Cream of celery soup - really? can't we be more inventive? and not one veggie in it. looks extremely colorless and bland to me. Also who picks these "celebrities"?I don't think it is worth the money even if it goes to charity. Would rather give a cash donation.
cookingwithdawn
My daughter made the Tarelles cookies last night. YUM!!!!

I was just browsing through this last night. While there are some good recipes there are some that I would never make. The cookies did look yummy, so did the scones. I cannot wait to make the chicken pie! Even DH thought that sounded good. And the cupcakes - holy cow those sounds really good.I did have a question about Kate's Chicken Corn Soup. It says to use chicken bones and boil them. I take it that there is still meat on them - as in just breaking down a left over whole chicken or even just the whole thing?

wadesgirl said:
I was just browsing through this last night. While there are some good recipes there are some that I would never make. The cookies did look yummy, so did the scones. I cannot wait to make the chicken pie! Even DH thought that sounded good. And the cupcakes - holy cow those sounds really good.

I did have a question about Kate's Chicken Corn Soup. It says to use chicken bones and boil them. I take it that there is still meat on them - as in just breaking down a left over whole chicken or even just the whole thing?

Probably, yes. She's likely making her own stock or broth. I haven't done it in a long while...but after I've roasted a chicken and taken the meat off - there is always that little bit you can't get, right? I put the bones into a stock pot of water- enough to cover. You can get fancy and add onions, herbs, etc. I don't usually. But you boil it for awhile. Flavor from the chicken then infuses your water basically. Discard the bones and large chunks, and you have chicken broth or stock that is great for recipes. I do this and will freeze in 1-cup portions for recipes that call for chicken stock.

That is what I would interpret it to mean.

I tried to order this cookbook and it said not available until after the 15th. How did you get yours?

Mine came with the fall merchandise I earned. It came yesterday with the backordered potato chip maker.

I made the Duggar's Taco soup and cut down on the diced tomatoes and turned it into chile. I did not add the hominy because the family would have freaked. The taste was awesome. And it's healthly because it's made with turkey.

Gonna try the scones next!!!

esavvymom said:
Probably, yes. She's likely making her own stock or broth. I haven't done it in a long while...but after I've roasted a chicken and taken the meat off - there is always that little bit you can't get, right? I put the bones into a stock pot of water- enough to cover. You can get fancy and add onions, herbs, etc. I don't usually. But you boil it for awhile. Flavor from the chicken then infuses your water basically. Discard the bones and large chunks, and you have chicken broth or stock that is great for recipes. I do this and will freeze in 1-cup portions for recipes that call for chicken stock.

That is what I would interpret it to mean.

But then it says later to remove the meat after it's cooled. That's what threw me off. First it says "chicken bones (left over from roasted or rotisserie chicken" in the ingredients but then step 3 says "Remove meat from bones".

LOLOL..look at the source of the recipe ( sorry) couldn't resist. Can you tell I am not a Kate fan??:grumpy:

I got my Chip Maker but not the Cookbook for a Cause. How did we get it for free? What level did it come with?

personally I'm disappointed with the cookbook. I think the chicken pie recipe looks like something my grandmother would have made 50 years ago. Cream of celery soup - really? can't we be more inventive? and not one veggie in it. looks extremely colorless and bland to me. Also who picks these "celebrities"? Don't think it is worth the money even if it goes to charity. Would rather give a cash donation.

jbondr said:
I got my Chip Maker but not the Cookbook for a Cause. How did we get it for free? What level did it come with?
I think it comes with our first supply order or something, because I didn't actually ORDER one, but I noticed when I got my supply order (Fall), that it was on the list- but backordered. I know I didn't order it because it wasn't even listed on the Supply Order sheet at the time.

doughmama said:
personally I'm disappointed with the cookbook. I think the chicken pie recipe looks like something my grandmother would have made 50 years ago. Cream of celery soup - really? can't we be more inventive? and not one veggie in it. looks extremely colorless and bland to me. Also who picks these "celebrities"? Don't think it is worth the money even if it goes to charity. Would rather give a cash donation.
The celebrities are all hosts of shows on TLC - the cookbook is a collaboration between PC and TLC, and will be advertised on their shows. I would imagine PC had to go with the recipes that were submitted to them by these people.I can't really say there was much in there that I would make. And we don't have cable TV, so I've never seen any of the shows or am familiar with the people who host them....but I would guess that people who are big fans will really like this.

I'm with Becky D. The selling point isn't really the recipes but a hook for those who love TLC shows. I've never seen them, but I know some real fans.

esavvymom said:
I think it comes with our first supply order or something, because I didn't actually ORDER one, but I noticed when I got my supply order (Fall), that it was on the list- but backordered. I know I didn't order it because it wasn't even listed on the Supply Order sheet at the time.
No, you earned it free with two shows in June along with the trivet. Or you can order it on the supply order form and pay for it.

doughmama said:

These are people from TLC and their favorite recipes. It does say in the little box at the bottom that you can add veggies to it.

I agree I wasn't crazy about the recipes and I don't have cable so there were only a few names I recognized. (I mean we all know who Kate is even if you don't like her) BUT I am so excited to tell all my customers that the reason TLC chose us is we are one of the biggest contributors to feeding America in the country!! That is cool.

I only turned in on show for june and I got the cookbook they sent a letter with the trivet was kinda a nice surprise

TerraOB83 said:
I only turned in on show for june and I got the cookbook they sent a letter with the trivet was kinda a nice surprise

Maybe it was 1 show before the 15th!

I thought we got the trivet & cookbook for submitting one show in June by the 15th. I still haven't received my cookbook. Hopefully it'll arrive by Friday...when I'm having my Fall Preview/Customer Appreciation party.

I think 2 shows was level 2 of sell a thon

I am still waiting for my Cookbook for a Cause. :( I am trying to be patient but it is difficult.

It was not there yesterday but it was this morning at, get this, 8:30 a.m. and our mail person does not usually come until after 3 p.m. so it was delivered special! I was looking at the caramel apple cupcakes! I found something fun. If you take our caramel sauce and heat it on low in a non-stick sauce pan for about 10 minutes, it reduces down and becomes even thicker. But watch it as it can burn easily. So if you wanted to skip the making of the caramel sauce, simply reduce ours.

Can't find Cookbook for a Cause 2How do I add this to my supply order? I can't find it.

Thanks.

I think some of the recipes sound good. I just wish they had the nutritional info on them. I was dissapointed that they didnt.

Jennie4PC said:
I think some of the recipes sound good. I just wish they had the nutritional info on them. I was dissapointed that they didnt.

hahah...there is usually a REASON they don't put that information on a recipe. ;) People don't want to know!!

Most of these are "family" type recipes. Does your grandma's cookie recipe have nutritional information on them?You can order it on the supply order under product KX10

esavvymom said:
hahah...there is usually a REASON they don't put that information on a recipe. ;) People don't want to know!!

I wish it was there for carb count. But I am sure I could figure it out. Just nice to have handy :rolleyes:

wadesgirl said:
Most of these are "family" type recipes. Does your grandma's cookie recipe have nutritional information on them?

So True. :p:p:p

Made the scones, but overdosed on the blueberries so they kind of tasted like a blueberry muffin.

I never saw Vol. 1 of the cookbook...can anyone still get it?

So they sent the Cookbook (Vol 2) in my first supply order, and I did not order it. I noticed the supply order has it on there now, and says "limit 1 per consultant". Does that mean I can ORDER one and pay for it? Or was my free one the limit-1?Just curious.

I think the recipes look great! I would probably make 90% of them!! I want to try them all out so I can sell as many as possible!!

I never got a free cookbook last yr. How did we get it?

That too was a sales promo for consultants but for the life of me I can not remember what it was. So much so too that I have it, but Only God Knows where it is!
For more flavor for Kate's soup, a trick I learned from America's Test Kitchen, take that chicken carcass, strip off all the meat, then place the just the bones in a baking pan. Put it in the oven at 300 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour and a half. Yes, that much time. When the bones look nice and dark but not burnt, then cook the heck out of them as directed in the recipe on the stove in water. Also, best to start with cold water. Chicken pot pie has always been a horrible concoction! It is one of those recipes that should have died with the person who created it. ATK again, says, use a 13 x 9 pan, use whatever veggies you like but the trick is to cook them each separately as each cooks differently. Always go to crisp tender as this pot pie only bakes for about 30 minutes tops. You can go as far as using mushrooms even but to do those right, slice them, drop them into a medium high pan, salt them slightly and cook them until they release their water then start to caramelize. Use only about 1 and 1/2 cups veggies so do not go over board. They used 1/4 cup of celery, you could use broccoli instead, chopped, 1 cup mushrooms, sliced, this became about 1/2 cup, 1/2 cup pearl onions. Oven at 350 degrees, rack in the middle. Topping: 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda. 1 stick cold butter cubed. And a pinch of salt and 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the butter and crumble with your fingers to get dime to nickle sized pieces. Spread them out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment to make it easier. Bake them about 10 to 15 minutes. Place pan on a cooling rack to cool.The sauce is a basic white sauce with a twist! 4 tablespoons butter melted to the point of the bubbling stopping, 4 tablespoons flour whisked in and stirred for about 1 to 2 minutes tops - do not brown. Add 1 cup chicken stock, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup heavy cream.
Cook for a few minutes to thicken and cook out the flour.
Mix all the veggies you chose, shredded chicken, about 4 cups, and enough sauce to coat with a touch more. IT SHOULD NOT LOOK LIKE A SWIMMING POOL IN THAT PAN! If the topping has "grown" together, simply break it into bites sized, not tiny, pieces and place over the chicken mixture. Bake for about 30 minutes to basically reheat the dish and crunch up that topping even more!
NO MORE CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP!!! Growing up, I thought it was only for tuna noodle casserole and I hated that!

Last edited:
Do any of you have this cookbook that you could scan and send to me? I did download, but I think I must have downloaded the link and now it isn't available anymore. I have a customer wanting. Thanks

Re: Cookbook for a Cause VOLUME 1Thank you for the link to volume 1. Much appreciated.:chef:

MJPAMPERED said:
Do any of you have this cookbook that you could scan and send to me? I did download, but I think I must have downloaded the link and now it isn't available anymore. I have a customer wanting. Thanks
The Vol 1 or Vol 2? The Volume 1 Cookbook is linked above- and that link still works, because I just downloaded it. I don't think Volume 2 is online, but your customer can buy it for $3. It's a print edition this time. $1 from each sale goes to the Food Bank Campaign.

1. What are Tarelles cookies?

Tarelles cookies are a type of traditional French cookie made with a simple dough of flour, butter, sugar, and egg yolks. They are typically shaped into a curved crescent shape and can be topped with various toppings such as powdered sugar, nuts, or chocolate.

2. How do I make Tarelles cookies?

To make Tarelles cookies, you will need flour, butter, sugar, egg yolks, and your choice of toppings. Cream together the butter and sugar, then mix in the flour and egg yolks until a dough forms. Roll out the dough and cut it into crescent shapes. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees F. Once cooled, you can top them with your desired toppings.

3. Can I use different toppings for Tarelles cookies?

Absolutely! Tarelles cookies are versatile and can be topped with a variety of ingredients such as powdered sugar, nuts, chocolate, or even fruit preserves. Get creative and use whatever toppings you enjoy!

4. How long do Tarelles cookies last?

Tarelles cookies can last for up to a week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Just make sure to let them thaw before serving.

5. Can kids help make Tarelles cookies?

Yes, Tarelles cookies are a great recipe to make with kids! They can help with measuring and mixing the ingredients, cutting out the dough, and choosing and adding toppings. Plus, they will love seeing their cookie masterpieces come out of the oven!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• K_Jurich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies