• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Convert Regular Minestrone Soup to a Delicious Dcb Version?

In summary, the recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 small minced white onion, 1/2 cup chopped zucchini, 1/2 cup frozen cut Italian green beans, 1/2 stalk minced celery, 4 cloves minced garlic, 4 cups vegetable broth, 2 cans of red kidney beans, 2 cans of great northern or small white beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup shredded carrot, 2 tablespoons minced parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, and 3 cups hot water.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I want to make this recipe this weekend for a baby shower. Any tips on how to make it in the dcb? Do you think it will all fit?

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small minced white onion
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup frozen cut Italian green beans
1/2 stalk minced celery
4 cloves minced garlic
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cans (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained
2 cans (15 oz) great northern or small white beans, drained
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups hot water
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup small shell pasta
Measure olive oil into a large stock pot and heat on medium.

Put the onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini into the pot and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions become see-through.

Add the vegetable broth, drained tomatoes, beans, carrots, hot water and spices to the pot.

Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.

Add the spinach leaves and the pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes.

My word....that's a lot of stuff. I don't think it will fit, to be honest.

It sounds great, but yeah, I don't think it'll fit. The recipe says to use a "large stock pot". As wonderful as the DCB is, I don't think it can hold as much as a large stock pot. I'd probably cook it on the stove top the first time trying it. You could try to then pour it into the DCB and see how much fits.

You could always make it in the stock pot and then serve it in the DCB

pctharper said:
You could always make it in the stock pot and then serve it in the DCB
That's probably what I'll do so it will stay warm!

By the way this is supposed to be a copy cat recipe of Olive Garden's minestrone soup! Cannot wait to try it!

1. Can I use any recipe in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

Yes, you can use any recipe that is oven-safe and fits inside the DCB. However, keep in mind that cooking times may vary slightly due to the unique cooking environment of the DCB.

2. How do I adjust the cooking time when using the DCB?

The general rule of thumb is to increase the cooking time by 25% when using the DCB. For example, if a recipe calls for 20 minutes in a traditional oven, you would cook it for 25 minutes in the DCB.

3. Can I use the DCB in the microwave?

No, the DCB is not safe to use in the microwave. It is designed to be used in a conventional oven.

4. Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the DCB for 10-15 minutes before adding your food. This helps to ensure even cooking and prevents the food from sticking to the bottom of the baker.

5. How do I clean the DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the surface of the baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ShellBeach