• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent How do I convert slow-cooker recipes for the DCB?

In summary, the conversation was about using a DCB and converting recipes from slow-cooking to DCB-cooking. The speaker shared their experience with using the DCB for freezer meals and how to cook them in the oven or microwave. They also mentioned that whole chicken breasts can be cooked in the DCB in just 12-15 minutes.
raebates
Staff member
I spoke with someone today who has a DCB. She said she was told that it's awesome, but wasn't really sure what to do with it. She has the PC recipe book, and I'll be emailing her the brochures I have filled with recipes. However, as we were talking I told her that we call it the Crockpot at warp speed, and I understand that many Crockpot recipes can be made it in. She asked me about converting recipes. I told her I really wasn't sure, but I was certain one of my friends would know.

So, friends, what's the rule of thumb for converting recipes from slow-cooking to DCB-cooking?

Thanks in advance, friends.

I make a lot of freezer meals that are small chicken breasts or cubed chicken and some sort of sauce (something from Tastefully Simple or before that Homemade Gourmet). These recipes are usually meant for the crockpot, but my crockpot cooks them way too fast and then burns them. Plus, we don't like the texture of chicken in the crockpot.For these meals, I just thaw them in the fridge the night before, pour them into the DCB and cook it in the oven for 30-45 minutes on 350 to 375. The meat is juicy, the sauce is yummy and I can quickly make a pasta or rice to pour it over and a veggie in the microcooker and dinner is served. If the recipe calls for veggies, I usually don't freeze those, but rather add them to the DCB just before putting it in the oven so the veggies are crisp-tender.I haven't tried converting those meals to microwave times, but I'm sure it's possible.I hope that helps.Shari in TX

It does. Thanks.

Tonight I made a TS meal (not from the freezer -- just freshly made) and I cooked it in the microwave. It was chicken cubes in a sauce. I cooked it for 10 minutes, stirred, and cooked for 3 minutes more just to make sure that all the chicken got cooked. Added pasta, mixed and it was ready to eat. So, I'd say you could do many crockpot-type meals (as long as the meat is small enough) in 15 minutes or less in the microwave in the DCB.Shari in TX

I put 3-4 whole chicken breasts in the DCB and they are done in 12-15 minutes in the microwave. I put onions and peppers in with them while they cook. I don't feel you have to worry about cutting the meat into small pieces.

What is a DCB?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a stoneware baking dish made by Pampered Chef. It is designed to cook and bake a variety of foods in the microwave and oven.

Why do I need to convert recipes for the DCB?

The DCB is made of stoneware, which retains heat and cooks food differently than traditional metal pans. Converting recipes ensures that your food will cook evenly and thoroughly in the DCB.

How do I convert a recipe for the DCB?

To convert a recipe, you will need to adjust the cooking time and temperature. Generally, you will need to decrease the cooking time and increase the temperature by 25 degrees.

Can I use metal utensils in the DCB?

No, you should not use metal utensils in the DCB as they can scratch the stoneware. We recommend using nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils.

Can I put the DCB in the dishwasher?

Yes, the DCB is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing as the dishwasher can cause the stoneware to lose its seasoning and become more prone to sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JessicaS
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JessicaS
Replies