• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Organize Your Contacts: Tips for Better Management

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for organizing and managing contacts, specifically for sending emails to customers. Suggestions include using MS Word or Excel to sort contacts alphabetically, using the Customer Connection feature on PWS to easily send updates and information, and bringing a laptop to shows to enter customer information before taking their orders. The participants also agree on the importance of working smarter, not harder, when it comes to managing contacts and staying organized.
ginamkiely
Hi everyone, I have a list in MS word of all my contacts so far, but they're not organized. Any suggestions? Should I seperate them by show, or alphabetical? also, i have all my contacts on PWS to cross check and make sure I have them all in word, that way when i send e-mails to my customers I just copy and paste the e-mails.

Thanks in advance for your help...

BUMP... sorry, i'm getting frustrated with my lack of organization!

I use Constant Contact to send newsletters, specials, etc. I love it!

I have my contact's e-mails divided into about 14 groups in my address book. I use the by request newsletter, edit in my name and send out to each group.

I am the queen of messy, but usually, it is an organized mess. When my messes get to me...that is when I take hold! I am going through that phase at work and at home right now!! Hopefully I won't quit before something significant gets accomplished!!:cry:

Well, ever the homeschool mom, I'm big on alphabetizing. Can you sort them in MS word or Excel if you have it alphabetically and then have a separate column for who the hostess was in case you need to refer back to it? I'm pretty big on the ABC's.....

Nanisu said:
Well, ever the homeschool mom, I'm big on alphabetizing. Can you sort them in MS word or Excel if you have it alphabetically and then have a separate column for who the hostess was in case you need to refer back to it? I'm pretty big on the ABC's.....
Great idea! Then you could have a column for when you want to make your first contact and any contacts after that and sort that way too. I love Excel!!!

Wow, that sounds like too much work to me. I send out all info through the Customer Connection feature of my PWS. I make sure all contacts are up to date in PP/P3 and then upload the info. Poof--it's all in Customer Connection.

I'm all about working smarter, not harder and this is one way I do it!

Sure, I can't send out all those fancy newsletters (used to be a By Request subscriber) but I have instant contact with my customers this way rather than spending FOREVER editing the newsletter and sending it out to my 60, yes SIXTY email distributions lists for PC.

DebbieJ said:
Wow, that sounds like too much work to me. I send out all info through the Customer Connection feature of my PWS. I make sure all contacts are up to date in PP/P3 and then upload the info. Poof--it's all in Customer Connection.

I'm all about working smarter, not harder and this is one way I do it!

Sure, I can't send out all those fancy newsletters (used to be a By Request subscriber) but I have instant contact with my customers this way rather than spending FOREVER editing the newsletter and sending it out to my 60, yes SIXTY email distributions lists for PC.

OK WOW!! Debbie, I had NO idea I could do that!!! Thank you for opening my eyes to this WONDERFUL thing!!! The downside, like you said, is that I can't send out the fancy newsletters my recruiter sends me, but for everyday stuff this is so much easier. Now i'm going to spend the whole night updating and organizing this program... can you say OCD?

That is a good idea, Debbie, and in the future, I may go that way. I find that I want to give customers an update and some recipes. I don't do that much editing and when you add customers on as you get them, it isn't that time consuming.

For now, it works for me but I like to change things up too! I too believe in working smarter, not harder!

I put a lot of info on my website now--recipes for example--and then send a simple email through Customer Connection pointing them to my site.

I got two Nov catalog shows that way. :)

p.s. I bring my laptop to shows and enter every customers info in before I take their order, so I rarely have to enter anything in PP at home--just outside orders and any info that may have changed. AGain, working smarter not harder!

DebbieJ said:
I put a lot of info on my website now--recipes for example--and then send a simple email through Customer Connection pointing them to my site.

p.s. I bring my laptop to shows and enter every customers info in before I take their order, so I rarely have to enter anything in PP at home--just outside orders and any info that may have changed. AGain, working smarter not harder!
Can you share your website? I am always looking for ideas on new things to put on it.

DebbieJ said:

I am having a terrible time entering data into too many places. It seems as though I enter all the info into my PWS to set up the show, then I have to enter it all over again into P3.

Debbie, so as long as I have all my info in P3 I just upload it and my PWS will be updated? How do I do this? What about contacts that are in the Customer Connection that are not in P3 - are these overwritten (deleted)? I only see a place to export contacts to a csv file.

DebbieJ said:

I have the laptop but I have not loaded P3 yet. I use my desk top computer with the old PP right now. It is hooked up to my internet and printer. I really need the geek squad to rescue me!!

kam said:
I am having a terrible time entering data into too many places. It seems as though I enter all the info into my PWS to set up the show, then I have to enter it all over again into P3.

Debbie, so as long as I have all my info in P3 I just upload it and my PWS will be updated? How do I do this? What about contacts that are in the Customer Connection that are not in P3 - are these overwritten (deleted)? I only see a place to export contacts to a csv file.

These are questions for tech support--CALL THEM!!!! 888-687-2433

DebbieJ said:
I make sure all contacts are up to date in PP/P3 and then upload the info. Poof--it's all in Customer Connection.

Debbie, didn't mean to ask so many questions. I will call tech support but saw your earlier post about uploading into Customer Connection and was wondering how do you do that?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info Deb. I guess I need to get my customer connections up to date and get a lap top. I have over 40 customer contacts in my yahoo account and it takes a day or 2 to send out my newsletter. I do have some people comment on my newsletter. The only bad thing is that on yahoo I can't find a way to have pictures in my emails.

Ann R.

kam said:
Debbie, didn't mean to ask so many questions. I will call tech support but saw your earlier post about uploading into Customer Connection and was wondering how do you do that?

Thanks!

There are instructions and a help file in Customer Connection in your website. Or, call tech support and have them walk you through step by step.

I just followed the instructions on Customer Connection and it worked just fine. I'm not a tech person so I'm not even going to begin to explain to you how to do it.

Our company gives us the tools and support, so we should ask them! LOL!

sfdavis918 said:
Can you share your website? I am always looking for ideas on new things to put on it.

/jenningsdeb

although I also stole ideas from Chef Becky /cookinwithbecky

DebbieJ said:
/jenningsdeb

although I also stole ideas from Chef Becky /cookinwithbecky

You didn't steal.....we SHARED!:D

DebbieJ said:
There are instructions and a help file in Customer Connection in your website. Or, call tech support and have them walk you through step by step.

I just followed the instructions on Customer Connection and it worked just fine. I'm not a tech person so I'm not even going to begin to explain to you how to do it.

Our company gives us the tools and support, so we should ask them! LOL!

Thanks! Hopefully that will get me started! I started in P3 and couldn't find a dang thing. So when I get home tonight - I will start with Customer Connection! Thanks!

ChefBeckyD said:
You didn't steal.....we SHARED!:D

That's right, I forgot. :angel: :thumbup: :D :love: :cool:

1. How can I efficiently organize my contacts?

One way to efficiently organize your contacts is by using a contact management software or app. This will allow you to store all your contacts in one place and easily search and categorize them.

2. What are some tips for better contact management?

Some tips for better contact management include regularly updating and cleaning out your contacts, using labels or tags to categorize them, and setting reminders for follow-ups or important events.

3. Can I import my contacts from other sources?

Yes, most contact management software or apps allow you to import contacts from other sources such as your email accounts, phone contacts, or social media accounts.

4. How can I ensure the privacy and security of my contacts?

Make sure to use a reputable and secure contact management software or app. You can also password protect your contacts or limit access to certain contacts if needed.

5. Is it possible to share my contact list with others?

Some contact management software or apps allow you to share your contact list with others, but make sure to only share it with trusted individuals and check for any privacy settings before doing so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • twinkie10