• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Contact Me Submission: Suspicious Order Request from Polk City, Iowa

In summary, a person from a church in a different state contacted me asking to order things from my catalog. They did not provide any other information, and I do not know them. If it is a scam, they are doing a poor job of it.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I got a Contact Me submission with no information but the phone number and "I Want To Order."

The phone number is a land line in Polk City, Iowa.

I am nowhere near Iowa, nor do I know anybody there, but who knows who my newsletter has been forwarded to?

I do not recognize the name.

Is this a scam?

? Weird... I'm assuming you googled the phone number? All you can do is call... if they try to do the whole I pay you extra, you send me change thing, you know it's a scam. Wouldn't take a check. Only a credit card.

Probably- I got a Contact Me like yours before Christmas. The area code was in New York City- I'm in Wisconsin. I called and it was some kind of automated answering service- so I could only leave a message- I did. They did call back and got my voicemail and they were trying to sell me something- don't remember what.

Don't you HATE that we now have to question someone when they email us?
I had one that was vague come in around Christmas.She was saying she had an old catalog and wanted to order a few things and listed what she wanted. I just said I was happy to assist her, told her when we needed to order to receive by Christmas, gave her the prices. I then asked where she was located, etc (played as if determining our shipping options).But by asking questions, I at least was able to get more info from her to determine if it was legit. Turned out this one was (someone from my church who must have been at a workshop I did years before). But you'll maybe get some info. Not sure I'd do it with just a phone number....that does make it a bit more suspicious. Would that person have any way of knowing you are not in Iowa??

Some out of state people confuse my state name with theirs but ...

I was thinking of calling her tonight from my landline so I could block the caller ID.

What is the name? For some reason a lot of the scam ones lately originate in Iowa - Donna Dixon or Debra Dixon is a scam for sure....

I've been getting some with the 515 area code lately. Same number, two different names:Barbi Auntry and Tony Renner

Just google the number. If it comes back as a "pinger" number, don't bother.Pinger is a company that allows users to download an app, choose a phone number & have free text & calls. HOWEVER, they have to watch videos/ads to "earn" minutes ... OR ... have their friends/family call them to earn free minutes. Users have figured out if they hit our system & we call them back, it's a quick way to earn minutes.The "I want to order" is typical of the message that they are putting in with "nill", "null", "n/a" in the other fields.Without checking the number, I'm guessing it's one of them just by what you gave. I've had SEVERAL of those now.If so, they are not trying to steal anything from you ... just inconvenience you. The ones trying to place a BIG order and pay by check/cashier's check/money order through a debtor and need you to place the order ASAP are the scammers.

Barbi just "contacted" me too. 515 number.

If they wanted to order, they could have just placed the order on the website...

Although I haven't gotten one lately (got two last fall), some other consultants in my local group have. We've been reporting them to HO. I'm never sure if it's a "pinger" number or a hacker, since some of the "contacts" actually have orders attached.

What is "Contact Me Submission"?

"Contact Me Submission" is a feature on a website that allows visitors to send a message or inquiry directly to the website owner or administrator.

How do I use the "Contact Me Submission" form?

To use the "Contact Me Submission" form, simply fill out the required fields with your name, email address, and message, and then click the submit button. Your message will be sent to the website owner for review.

Is my personal information safe when using the "Contact Me Submission" form?

Yes, most websites have measures in place to protect your personal information when using the "Contact Me Submission" form. However, it is always important to double-check the website's privacy policy to ensure your information is being handled securely.

What should I include in my message when using the "Contact Me Submission" form?

When using the "Contact Me Submission" form, it is important to include any relevant information or questions you have for the website owner. This could include inquiries about products or services, feedback, or general questions about the website.

How long does it typically take to receive a response from the website owner after submitting a message?

The response time may vary depending on the website owner's availability and workload. In most cases, you can expect to receive a response within a few business days. If you do not receive a response within a week, it is appropriate to follow up with the website owner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • kdangel518