• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Online Order Frustration: Why "Contact for Payment" is a Flawed Option

I had to do this onIn summary, the conversation is about frustration with the option for customers to "contact for payment" when ordering online. Some people find this option convenient, while others find it frustrating. However, it is seen as a way to increase sales and give customers more time to pay for their orders. The only downside is that there is no way to track when the consultant has called the customer.
chefsteph07
Just a small voice of frutstration here about customers who order online and have the option for us to "contact for payment"...I think this is a stupid option! I got an online order today for a show I am closing today (or hopefully, seeing it's almost 9:30pm, don't know if this will happen tonight) and I cannot get in touch w/ this lady for her card payment. Of course, I cannot drop the order because it bumps my host to the next level and she has given me her hosting benefits...so here I am waiting...and waiting...I have already called twice in the last 2 hours. Am I wrong to think that if you are ordering something online that you should be forced to pay for it at the time of purchase? I sure wish other companies gave me an option for them to "contact" me for my payment. That is all.

agreed. it would be more secure probably to do the card online, rather than deal directly with a consultant.

Thanks for letting me vent.I agree it is frustrating but I also like this option. It is great for those who want to use the credit card but don't have it with them at the time of the order. I have had many people use that option and I have never had anyone not pay. I always make sure they know that they need to pay within 24 hours or I will have to cancel their order. If they don't pay, I am not out anything since I only had the order open for 24 hours. It is also nice for those who are having a show but don't have the credit card with them at the time of the show. They can just tell me when they order that they will pay at the show. I usually have them call me or I call them (depending on if I'm home or at work) with their CC# before the show so I can go ahead and process it. It does help bump up your sales if you have a show closing but I guess you have to take the good with the bad.It is frustrating, but for those who are going to use a credit card but not have it handy at the time, it's a great option. At least give yourself a 24 hour window for them to return your call. I have found that most people return calls when they know what it's about.As for bumping up sales, I think that's just another great incentive to offer as a host gift. If you sign up to be a host for a show with any purchase, I'll give you an additional $10 in product for free. That way you're giving something extra to the host and still getting a sale.I look at it like this...when you go to a restaurant, do you pay for your meal when you order it or after you eat? Usually you pay after you eat. The same thing happens here. They order when they are hungry for the product, give you a CC# and then pay when they have time to sit down and look at their statement. I've had a few people do this and I've never had any problems with it.I understand your frustration but I have to agree with everyone else. I like the option. It does help bump up sales and most people will return calls if they know why you are calling. The only thing that I don't like is that there is no where to put it in the software that you called and what date. I had

What is "Contact for Pmt" Ugh?

"Contact for Pmt" Ugh is likely a reference to reaching out to someone for payment or to discuss payment for a product or service.

Why would I need to contact someone for payment?

You may need to contact someone for payment if you have provided them with a product or service and they have not yet paid you, or if there is a discrepancy or issue with the payment that needs to be resolved.

How do I contact someone for payment?

You can contact someone for payment by reaching out to them through email, phone, or an in-person meeting. Be sure to clearly communicate the reason for the contact and any relevant details about the payment.

What should I do if someone is not responding to my contact for payment?

If someone is not responding to your attempts to contact them for payment, you may need to escalate the situation by involving a third party, such as a collections agency or lawyer. Be sure to follow any legal or ethical guidelines in this process.

Is there anything I should avoid when contacting someone for payment?

When contacting someone for payment, it is important to remain professional and avoid any aggressive or threatening language. It is also important to follow any laws or regulations regarding debt collection in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dldunphy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefZee
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • leftymac