• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultants Corner: Has Anyone Gotten a Contact from the Site?

In summary, PC is removing the "find a consultant" feature which many people find helpful. If you do not have $1,250 in sales during a month, you will not be listed in the Consultant Finder. This makes it difficult for customers to find Consultants who live close to them.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I was puzzled by the email about changing the "find a consultant" feature on Consultants Corner. I can't understand why someone would complain about being contacted, or why they would not follow up.But I thought of it as no big loss since I have NEVER been contacted through this feature, even though I am a senior consultant with years in the business and a personal web site.I tried to see if anyone could find me. I entered an address a mile away, a block away, even my next door neighbor! I was not on the list any of these times.Has anyone gotten a contact from the website?

You needed to have $1,250 in sales during a month to be listed in the Consultant Finder. I have gotten several leads and some orders because of this feature. I am not at all happy about it being removed.

So if you have to have $1250 in sales how can they actually call those who get them "hobbyist consultants"? And why would somebody complain about it?

I haven't sold $1250 a month in a long time and have been trying to decide whether to continue as a Consultant or stop altogether. This announcement didn't make my decision for me, but it certainly is a sway in the direction of quitting. My goal has never been to be a Director. I don't have the time for that without sacrificing time with my family (I homeschool) and I that's not what I think PC is all about. I have been thinking about upping my selling to $1250 a month which would give me more commission and the possibility of outside orders. Obviously the first part would be the same, but I would never be found on the website with this new plan.But, aside from how it affects us as Consultants, I think only having Directors and above show up on the Consultant Finder is bad for customers. This means that there might actually be a Consultant on their street or in their neighborhood or at least very close, but they may only be told about one that lives 30 minutes to an hour away. If I were a customer, I would be frustrated to have to go that far to something like open houses or have her/him travel that far to do a show for me when there was someone closer.I understand wanting to give orders without a Consultant to people who are working hard at their business. But I think the Consultant Finder should include all Consultants, and customers can choose who they want to go to. Intredpid_Chef makes a good point about the fact that it never included "hobbyist consultants" or at least my definition of them. It could easily be an "opt in/out" programs for Consultants. If a Consultant really didn't want to be contacted by anyone, she/he could opt out and would not show up on searches. But everyone else would.I think this is a subtle way of encouraging everyone to become Directors and I'm not really pleased with that. One of the reasons I joined PC 7 years ago was because even on the Consultant level, I was able to make some money and earn some perks. Becoming a Director was never and is still not my goal. I know what it takes to be a good manager of people and I don't have the time or energy to do that right now.I just put my address into the Consultant Finder and the two who showed up are not even in my city. Granted they are in the city just south of me, but I can't imagine that my city of over 150,000 people doesn't have a Consultant -- especially considering I am one. :)I also think if they make this change, they should change the finder to read:If you don't have a Consultant, we can help! Just enter your location to see "Directors and above" who serve your area.(My change in quotes -- from when it used to say "Consultants" to the more accurate description.)I understand their explanation for what they are doing and why they think they are doing it. I just don't believe or agree with their reasons and I'm frustrated that no one will ever be able to find me and contact me through the website even though I am a Consultant serving their area.Shari in TX

It is what it is. I don't think PC will change it because we are unhappy about it.

I agree. That's why I haven't decided whether it's worth the time to write a message to HO or not. I just feel like they are making it very hard for us Consultants to get the word out that we're here except by word-of-mouth. We can't advertise anywhere without following very strict guidelines. And that would be find if people could find us in the way that most people find anything these days -- the internet. And more specifically, the main website for the thing they're looking for. If HO doesn't change this to be fair to all their Consultants, I think they should at least let potential customers know that they're not searching the entire network of Consultants and there may be one closer to them if they ask around.Shari in TX

1. How can I access the Consultants Corner on the Pampered Chef website?

To access the Consultants Corner, you will need to log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Consultants Corner" tab on the top menu. If you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking on the "Join Us" button on the website's homepage.

2. Are there any specific requirements for getting a contact from the Consultants Corner?

To increase your chances of getting a contact from the Consultants Corner, make sure your profile is complete and up-to-date. Also, actively engage with the community by commenting and sharing helpful tips and recipes.

3. How long does it usually take to receive a contact from the Consultants Corner?

The time frame for receiving a contact can vary, as it depends on the demand and availability of customers in your area. Some consultants have reported receiving contacts within a few days, while others may take a few weeks.

4. How can I improve my chances of getting a contact from the Consultants Corner?

To improve your chances of getting a contact, make sure to regularly update your profile and participate in the community. You can also try reaching out to customers directly through social media or hosting virtual parties to showcase Pampered Chef products.

5. Can I still get a contact if I am a new consultant?

Yes, new consultants can still receive contacts through the Consultants Corner. It is a great way to start building your customer base and network. Make sure to have a complete profile and actively engage with the community to increase your chances of getting a contact.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Lilamyw3