• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Purchasing at a Show

In summary, you cannot order items on a fundraiser with your own money. You would have to order them on the fundraiser's behalf with the money going to the charity.
Tracy99
Gold Member
Ok so maybe a weird question. I am doing a fundraiser. I am donating my commission because I am very passionate about the charity. I need a few things so I was thinking instead of a personal order I would just order on the fundraiser so that the charity will get a bigger check in the end. I know I can't get a discount and I have to pay full price but I am ok in this case. Can I actually do this? Will I have to order in someone else's name? I know in general you aren't suppose to get commission on your own orders (example consultant acting as host) but would it be ok to do this? I am not ordering a ton just a few small things I have been thinking of getting and maybe something for my husband for father's day (like a grill basket). So it would be less then $100 but in a personal order I'd save at most $20 as a fundraiser the charity could get $30. Feedback?

OK Now I feel silly. I just found my answer in the policy guide. It says"You may not place personal orders on a
Show order."Bummer for the charity. I guess if I was really upset I could forgo ordering anything at all and just give the money I would have spent directly to the charity.

If you are buying gifts, though, it's okay to put the order in the name of who you are giving it to.

Oh good to know. So if I did decide to get him a father's day gift I could just order it under him. Thanks.

Tracy99 said:
I know in general you aren't suppose to get commission on your own orders (example consultant acting as host) but would it be ok to do this?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you do earn commission when hosting your own party - "consultant acting as host". I held a party in February & did "consultant as host" - the show went towards my commissionable, career & incentive sales.

guest sales will go toward your commission, your purchases DO NOT go toward you commission or your commissionable sales.

lt1jane said:
guest sales will go toward your commission, your purchases DO NOT go toward you commission or your commissionable sales.

Right. After the half price and free items, you get commission on anything the host buys but in consultant acting as host you do NOT get commission on what you buy. So I figured I'd never get commission on orders I make as a consultant (but typically you at least get a discount on personal orders, etc.).

My Husband "buys" a lot of stuff with his past host discount, and then I make commission off of him.

Mrs.H. said:
My Husband "buys" a lot of stuff with his past host discount, and then I make commission off of him.

Does your husband live with you? The policy reads that it's the consultant or
anyone who lives at the same address. If they ever decided to audit you... Ethically, if it will be used in your kitchen it's not commissionable.

I earn the products when they come out or by hosting a show or on rare occasion I place a personal order to get items I need in my kitchen. We are not paying full price for them. If I buy a gift for family members I do put it in their name mostly because then it's easier to keep track for guarantee purposes ...and because it is commissionable.

1. How do I purchase products from a Pampered Chef consultant at a show?

To purchase products from a Pampered Chef consultant at a show, simply approach the consultant's booth or table and let them know which products you are interested in. The consultant will assist you in placing your order and completing the transaction.

2. Can I pay with cash or credit card?

Yes, most Pampered Chef consultants accept both cash and credit card payments. However, it's always a good idea to check with the specific consultant beforehand to confirm their accepted forms of payment.

3. Are there any discounts or promotions offered at shows?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants often offer special discounts or promotions at shows. These can include discounted prices on certain products, free gifts with purchase, or bundle deals. Be sure to ask the consultant about any current promotions they may have.

4. Can I place an order for a specific product that is not available at the show?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants can typically take orders for any products that are not available at the show. They will then place the order for you and have the product shipped directly to your home.

5. Is there a limit on the number of products I can purchase at a show?

No, there is no limit on the number of products you can purchase at a show. However, keep in mind that some products may have limited quantities available, so it's best to purchase your desired products early in the show to ensure availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cati123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pcladyofms
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperedChefLayla