• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Understanding the Consultant Policy: Ebay and Private Groups

In summary, the consultant policy on eBay regulates the use of private groups by consultants to prevent them from using them for advertising or promoting their services. Consultants can still offer their services on eBay as long as they follow the guidelines outlined in the policy. This policy also helps protect buyers by ensuring that all transactions take place through eBay's official channels and consequences may be faced for violating the policy. If you come across a violation, you can report it using eBay's reporting tool.
I just sent a consultant a copy of the Consultant Policy, because she had a question about ebay, As I was doing this I noticed this part

MAY NOT:

• Link to Consultant’s Corner from any website.
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you are
not in violation of any of these policies. Anyone in
violation of any online policy will be notified that
they must correct the violation. If the Consultant
fails to comply within the time specified by
Consultant Career Solutions, action will be taken.
See Policy Enforcement section for more details.

I have a private group set up for just my team on facebook and just recently I sent them a link to the handouts from the meeting on CC, I never even thought about the fact that this could be in the guidelines. I am guessing I am not in violation since it is a private group and they are all consultants, but I just thought it was interesting when I read this part of the policy.

I think you are good. You were not sharing your PWS link with strangers, you were sharing a CC link with Consultants. ;)

Hi there! It's always important to be aware of the policies in place, especially when it comes to sharing information from a company or organization. It sounds like you may not be in violation since your private group is specifically for consultants and the information is relevant to their work. However, it's always best to double check and make sure you are following the guidelines set by Consultant Career Solutions. It's great that you noticed this and are taking the necessary steps to ensure compliance. Keep up the good work!

1. What is the purpose of the consultant policy on eBay?

The consultant policy on eBay is in place to regulate the use of private groups by consultants on the platform. It ensures that consultants are not using private groups to advertise or promote their services, and that all transactions between consultants and buyers take place through eBay's official channels.

2. Can consultants still offer their services on eBay?

Yes, consultants are still able to offer their services on eBay as long as they follow the guidelines outlined in the consultant policy. This includes not using private groups to advertise their services and conducting all transactions through eBay's official channels.

3. How does the consultant policy protect buyers?

The consultant policy helps protect buyers by ensuring that all transactions take place through eBay's official channels. This means that buyers are covered by eBay's buyer protection policies and can file a claim if they encounter any issues with their purchase from a consultant.

4. Are there any consequences for violating the consultant policy?

Yes, there are consequences for violating the consultant policy on eBay. If a consultant is found to be using private groups to advertise their services or conducting transactions outside of eBay's official channels, they may face penalties such as account suspension or termination.

5. How can I report a violation of the consultant policy?

If you come across a consultant who is violating the policy on eBay, you can report this by using eBay's reporting tool. Simply go to the consultant's profile or listing, click on "Report item" or "Report user," and follow the prompts to report the violation. eBay will then investigate the issue and take appropriate action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefLisa